• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Your domains say who your are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gptpark

DNF Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
As I've been shopping for domains, I've noticed that sometimes the domains you own tell a story about who you are. If your selling a group of american idol domains says that you watch american idol. Selling cancer related domains? You must have or know someone with cancer (or atleast be really interested in it). Anyone else notice/find this interesting?
 
Its sometimes the case, but not always. When domainers first get into domain names they tend to search for domain names that relate to them.
 
Well, me and my partner have 357 dot net..what does that tell you? lol
 
You domains tell you only 3 things

1] You are an extremely good domainer : You will be a millionaire soon

2] You are a mediocre domainer : You keep buying & selling $20 names at the forum and elsewhere

3]There may the 3rd option. Well you decide what that is....
 
3] you are a cybersquatter and make lots of ppc $$$$$
 
As I've been shopping for domains, I've noticed that sometimes the domains you own tell a story about who you are. If your selling a group of american idol domains says that you watch american idol. Selling cancer related domains? You must have or know someone with cancer (or atleast be really interested in it). Anyone else notice/find this interesting?

Remind me to delete buggering.net :smilewinkgrin:
 
so.. what would you say about people having a bunch of adult domains :P
 
you left the com off the end of perv. dude :ok:
 
well i specifically don't have any adult domains, only a bunch of pharmacies.
Porn stuff is too hard to monetize. Only some really really weird stuff sells good, but frankly i wouldn't recommend anyone to come close to it..
 
Ive several genre domains all kinda extensions. Does that make me a h0
 
I have posted a similar question a few weeks before...

I think it tell sometimes something...but is not conclusive...lol


What about the info addicts?
 
most of the time. people usually develop names they have an interest in, or get into domains because they have an interest in a topic and buy a domain to further it.

if you are a domain flipper / investor then i don't think you care much about the topic.

then you have a hybrid of the two.
 
most of the time. people usually develop names they have an interest in, or get into domains because they have an interest in a topic and buy a domain to further it.

if you are a domain flipper / investor then i don't think you care much about the topic.

then you have a hybrid of the two.

true :yes:
most people, even in a diverse portfolio, normally have a favourite area, or extension though.
whether it be travel, adult etc......... along with info, org etc
 
I own alot of adult names, sex sells.

I like looking at hot naked women.
 
I own alot of adult names, sex sells.

I like looking at hot naked women.

Back when I was in the adult game late 90's early 00's, it sucked updating my sites because i was forever horny.
 
Back when I was in the adult game late 90's early 00's, it sucked updating my sites because i was forever horny.

i know, show me a domainer who doesn't devote at least one draw of their desk to kleenex :smilewinkgrin: LOL
 
Back when I was in the adult game late 90's early 00's, it sucked updating my sites because i was forever horny.

I hope your wife isnt reading this thread...bahahahahahah
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom