Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Your opinion: is this suspicious behaviour?

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Suppose there is an account on here, on DNF.
Suppose it has a pretty good reputation: a lot of sales and 100% positive feedback.
Now suppose the account offers you a nice domain name for a price, well under the price that it sold for not too long ago.
And now suppose that when you inspect the sales feedback, you notice that the most recent feedback posted is from years ago.
Suppose this account now suddenly offers domains for sale on here, is that suspicious or not ?

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds suspicious.I would:
Check the domains last who is update.
Email the current and precious whois contact.
Ask a mod here to check the IP of logins.

DigiNames

DigiNames.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe, maybe not. There are some people that come and go. Many domain sellers do a lot of domain sales and buying through other venues. I haven't personally received any feedback on here for over a year, but I think I am trustworthy :) I can imagine a scenario where a seller might come back to do on the forum when they decide to sell a name. Also, there are some reasons why a name might be offered for less than it has sold for in the past.

All that said, I would be cautious. Lotk.com had some great suggestions on how to do that. You might also check the member's activity history to see if they have been active on the forum recently in general, not just the last date of receiving feedback.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom