• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Your personal best time installing Wordpress? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

denniss

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 5, 2007
Messages
130
Reaction score
0
Hi folks,

I've spent the last three days setting up Wordpress blogs on my sites, and dare I say, I got pretty good at it :)

Currently my best time for *fully* setting up a blog is 11 minutes (I know... the job is so boring that I started clocking it :P) -- that includes uploading the files to server, fully configuring all options, adding proper categories and links, and setting up an automated blog.

While it's a silly question, I was wondering, what's your best time at doing this? :?:
 
Dennis,

You should try running them all of one code base, that should probably make it quicker. Basically I just tell WordPress to use a simplified version of the host name from the request as a table-prefix.

/FrankM

My WP-Config (extract):
// ** MySQL settings ** //
define('DB_NAME', '<DATABASE>'); // The name of the database
define('DB_USER', '<USERNAME>'); // Your MySQL username
define('DB_PASSWORD', '<PASSWORD>'); // ...and password
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this valu
e

// table prefix, for serving multiple installations from the same db.
$table_prefix = ereg_replace('^(www\.)', '', $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST']);
$table_prefix = ereg_replace('\.', '', $table_prefix);
$table_prefix = ereg_replace('\-','', $table_prefix);
$table_prefix = $table_prefix . '_';
 
Frank -

Where do u put this code?

This code does all the wordpress site ihnstallation for u?

Tony
 
Tony,

No, you still need to install one instance of wordpress and place the code above in your wp-config.php.

Than you set the DocumentRoot in the webserver to point to this Wodpress directory for all of your WP sites.

/Frank
 
ok...so i install one site....in that site's wp-config.php file i put the code above in there....then.??.....u got me lost with the documentroot?

also...what if i have differenet themes/plugins for all new additional sites?
 
@Frank

That is an excellent idea!!!
I'll try it on my next multiple installation!!!

Thanks :yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom