Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

YourMom.org - 2,000+ unique hits per day popular site

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainiac4ever

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm kind of new(ish) to the forum. First time selling a domain through here.

Anyway, for sale is the domain name YourMom.org for $2,500 (be forewarned, it currently has adult content on it so you may not want to click at work)

For the past few years it has been a fairly popular gag site shared amongst friends to make each other laugh, etc. The site has been a part of my network of sites as well as linked to on tons of forums and other 'shock site' listings. Lately the domain has been receiving 2 - 3,000+ UNIQUE visitors each day. However in the past prior to that it received at least 500+ unique hits per day pretty consistently for as long as I can remember. I'm the owner of lemonparty (maybe you've heard of it? lol) and yourmom.org has been associated with my network of sites for awhile now.

Basically I'm planning a vacation in the summer, and I would like some extra spending money. Like I said I'm selling the domain name, however, I don't care what you do with the domain. You're more than welcome to keep the current content up, which probably wouldn't be a bad idea business-wise, for keeping other sites linked to it.

To see a rehashing of what I just said here, in addition to a traffic screenshot, refer to http://yourmom.org/forsale.html

You can e-mail me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

domainiac4ever

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domain is still available, now at a lower price.

I dropped the price down to $1,700 and posted a new traffic screenshot over a 14 day period. April 1st did well with 8,000+ unique hits (probably because of April Fools).

http://yourmom.org/yourmomtraffic.gif

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I have a question: With 2k visits a day, your Alexa rankings should be better than what I'm seeing at http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/yourmom.org#trafficstats

But since you own lemonparty.org - LOL, that was a nasty but fun prank to coworkers a few years ago :D I'm sure the demographics of the yourmom.org visitors are spot on:

Based on internet averages, yourmom.org is visited more frequently by users who are in the age range 18-24, have no children and browse this site from home.
Did you make any revenue from the singles ads at the bottom? Trying to gauge click conversion.

domainiac4ever

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a question: With 2k visits a day, your Alexa rankings should be better than what I'm seeing at http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/yourmom.org#trafficstats

But since you own lemonparty.org - LOL, that was a nasty but fun prank to coworkers a few years ago :D I'm sure the demographics of the yourmom.org visitors are spot on:

Did you make any revenue from the singles ads at the bottom? Trying to gauge click conversion.

Hi Acro,

I'm not sure what to tell you about the Alexa rankings. The site has been getting 2k hits each day for awhile now, and before that was probably never less than 1k+. More recently, lemonparty has made a comeback in 2010 thanks to a new sensation sweeping the nation (blue waffle) and the owner of bluewaffle agreed to a link exchange with me to my site lemonparty. All my sites have seen a very nice increase in traffic because of that.

Yes, I have made money from the ads. Adult friend finder used to be my #1 affiliate for all my sites, but it hasn't done too well for yourmom.org lately. The ads get clicks, but the problem with AFF is once they convert you, it's no longer ppc and then the only way you make money is by people who purchase memberships and you get a % of that. However, I am also an affiliate of MyFreePaysite. I make some pretty good money with that. That is what I would recommend using, if you were to own the domain, and if you were to get accepted as an affiliate. You get $1.50 for any person in the US/CA/UK/AUS who signs up for free with just their email address. The thing is, MFP doesn't allow tracking yet and I use the same affiliate code on every site of mine. But I would say with yourmom traffic, earning around $5 per day wouldn't be unrealistic with MFP.

Truthfully, I think my asking price is way low, and if it doesn't sell before June, I won't be selling it. Like I said I'm only selling it as a way to make some extra cash fast for my upcoming vacation. Any other time I'd probably want 4 - 5k for it.

lzy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can I assume the traffic is mostly from the lemonparty.org --> heyya.org link?

PS: Lemonparty.org - one of my favourite shock site ever, just curious, were you the first owner? Let me know if it is for sale. :D

domainiac4ever

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Can I assume the traffic is mostly from the lemonparty.org --> heyya.org link?

PS: Lemonparty.org - one of my favourite shock site ever, just curious, were you the first owner? Let me know if it is for sale. :D

Glad to hear that! No, I'm not the creator/first owner. I took over ownership many years ago though.

And yes, you'd be correct in assuming most of the traffic is from those 2 domains. But you're still going to get traffic from the forums its linked on or the 'shock site indexes' where it lists them all, or for the people who remember the URL and think its the same site. They'd never know the difference if you kept the same content up.

hehe, I'm not sure I can ever see myself selling lemonparty. It's extremely profitable and regarded as one of the 3 classic original shock sites (goatse, tubgirl, and lemonparty). The coolest thing I think, has happened within the last few years, with the site being referenced in Hollywood in interviews and TV: http://lemonparty.org/ref.html (youtube clips of famous people talking about it)

Thanks for the nice comments lzy. :)

lzy

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear that! No, I'm not the creator/first owner. I took over ownership many years ago though.

And yes, you'd be correct in assuming most of the traffic is from those 2 domains. But you're still going to get traffic from the forums its linked on or the 'shock site indexes' where it lists them all, or for the people who remember the URL and think its the same site. They'd never know the difference if you kept the same content up.

hehe, I'm not sure I can ever see myself selling lemonparty. It's extremely profitable and regarded as one of the 3 classic original shock sites (goatse, tubgirl, and lemonparty). The coolest thing I think, has happened within the last few years, with the site being referenced in Hollywood in interviews and TV: http://lemonparty.org/ref.html (youtube clips of famous people talking about it)

Thanks for the nice comments lzy. :)

Ah yes, I've seen that superbad interview as well (it was awesome). I can imagine the bragging rights that comes with your site. ;)

Thanks for sharing, and if it was lemonparty.org for sale, I'd buy it in an instant (if within my financial means).

Good luck with your sale dude!

(you could try posting this on GFY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators