Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

YouTube hopes to be on mobile devices in 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It says nothing about .mobi being used. I bet they use their existing .com to serve the content - like every other mobile content provider already does.

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It says nothing about .mobi being used. I bet they use their existing .com to serve the content - like every other mobile content provider already does.

The whois is telling a Chinese guy has YouTube.mobi. Reg'ed in the Sunrise on the 19th September. It is not Chad Hurley!

I am curious the Chinese TM had been counterfeiting...

The YouTube trademark is filled on January 30th, 2006. So they were not able to make a sunrise registration... (http://tess2.uspto.gov)

This is bad news for .mobi

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the important trend here is that the big sites are either going mobile, or improving on their current mobile offerings. This will get more people using their cellphones for the internet. More mobile use is good for .mobi domains.

WEBecri

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think the important trend here is that the big sites are either going mobile, or improving on their current mobile offerings. This will get more people using their cellphones for the internet. More mobile use is good for .mobi domains.

Especially if Nokia, Samsung, Sony-Ericson, ea, will pre-configurate the devices with .mobi at the end of the search bar.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would be surprised to see devices with .mobi as the search default, but who knows? Has anyone seen this yet or have evidence that it's coming? It seems unnecessary and takes away from user choice.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
......who owns youtube.mobi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators