Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

***Zagat.mobi checks in and advertises Zagat.mobi on their PC-based website ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The definition of LOSER:

a desperate attempt by a failing website to try and be "cool and different".

Zagat.com

Current Rankings:

PageRank: 6/10
Alexa Rank: 19,963

Incoming Google Links: 1,260
Incoming Yahoo Links: 139,388
Incoming MSN Links: 0
Incoming Alexa Links: 1,430
Overall Incoming Links: 142,078 (Overlap is possible - Estimated 139,388 unique links)
Outgoing Links: 72 (Ratio: 17.500% - Each Link Receives Approx. 0.071 PR) [ View History ]

Page Information:
Title: Zagat Survey :: Restaurants, Nightlife, Hotels & Attractions :: Ratings & Reviews
Description: The Web’s Most Trusted Guide to Restaurant Reviews and Ratings for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston and every place in between. Includes Hotels, Nightlife, and Attractions. We’ll tell you where to go (and where not to)

Online Since: November 3rd, 1997

Priceless assessment.

NOTICE: Will consider buying all losers of this vintage, page rank, and active links.

Domain Summit 2024

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
exactly .. i would hate to have that site - not very exciting at all!

:frusty:.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The definition of LOSER:

Zagat.com

Current Rankings:

PageRank: 6/10
Alexa Rank: 19,963

Incoming Google Links: 1,260
Incoming Yahoo Links: 139,388
Incoming MSN Links: 0
Incoming Alexa Links: 1,430
Overall Incoming Links: 142,078 (Overlap is possible - Estimated 139,388 unique links)
Outgoing Links: 72 (Ratio: 17.500% - Each Link Receives Approx. 0.071 PR) [ View History ]

Page Information:
Title: Zagat Survey :: Restaurants, Nightlife, Hotels & Attractions :: Ratings & Reviews
Description: The Web’s Most Trusted Guide to Restaurant Reviews and Ratings for New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Boston and every place in between. Includes Hotels, Nightlife, and Attractions. We’ll tell you where to go (and where not to)

Online Since: November 3rd, 1997

Doc, you're a smartass, aren't you?
Thats why I included the link in my post, because I know you have an extraordinary ability to see only what you want to see.

You see the 19,000 Alexa rank. I see the FALLING Alexa rank and traffic. Its a dying website.

And here's the link:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/zagat.com

READ IT CAREFULLY.

Drop in rank over the past 3 months: 2,596
Page Views per user:
DOWN BY 9%
Reach for Zagat.com:
DOWN BY 3%

If that doesn't show that its a dying website, then what does?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Page Views per user:
DOWN BY 9%
Reach for Zagat.com:
DOWN BY 3%

My god!

I think you have hit on something!

I am a smartass.

A website in active use with more links coming in than going out and active since 1997 is dying. More than 140,000 other sites linking to it are such a failure and definitely a sign of death.

You are really trying to pull out all stops here aren't you? To try to make a pisspoor attempt at convincing all that this .mobi is a worthwhile extension because you, in all you infinite wisdom, has declared that zagat.com is a dying site.

Do you actually read the shit you type? Do you believe all you type?

Do you want to do 3 months?

How about 1 month?

graph

Get a life, get some facts, again all this bullshit is your opinion, save the world from .asia.

Post this absurd bullshit on Sahar's, Frank Schilling's and all the other domainers blog. I am sure they will take into great account that Zagat is dying and is on the way out...because you said so. That will carry so much weight. Are you a stockbroker by any chance?

Or take this crap back to NamePros where you brought your lameass professional opinion and attitude from.

You just continue to demonstrate that there is no limits to how foolish you can make yourself.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well who is Sashas?

New to this forum, Sashas is not only a dotMobi smear merchant, but also a film student and a Stephen King worshipper!

Donny, a forum poster asks, what is the value of his StephenKing.net....

Hi,
I'm not good with domain names at all, but I'd like to know how much these two domain names that I've just purchased are worth:

HVBBS.com - over 13 years old of age.
StephenKing.net - Famous American writer. Even I know him, and I don't read books :cool:

Much appreciated.

Thank you,
Donny

Sashas responds...
I AM a writer (domaining is just for some extra money..writers are dirt poor), and believe me, commercial writers (the ones that get on the best sellers list...I'm not talking of literary figures) literally WORSHIP Stephin King. Heck, he earns over 60 Million each year (yes, thats an UNDERESTIMATED figure), and he's so filthy rich that he allows his short stories to be made into movies (some MAJOR movies...Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, 1408) for free. And the movie licenses for these movies would sell for over several movies

Make a fan site, and wait for him to contact you (though I doubt this...he's been known to not care about his celebrity status). He can definitely afford it!

Check again.
Frank Darabont made Shawshank Redemption paying just $1 to Stephen King. That's King's policy for his short stories.
I would know this because I also happen to be a film student besides a writer...

Ah HA!!

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, you're a smartass, aren't you?
Thats why I included the link in my post, because I know you have an extraordinary ability to see only what you want to see.

You see the 19,000 Alexa rank. I see the FALLING Alexa rank and traffic. Its a dying website.

And here's the link:
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/zagat.com

READ IT CAREFULLY.

Page Views per user: DOWN BY 9%
Reach for Zagat.com: DOWN BY 3%

Why do you always post negative comments on every .mobi thread... you have not spend a penny on .mobi so why is this such a big deal to you that others are spending their money on an investment you see not to like... is this not a domain name forum? Does it say anywere that .mobi is not accepted? I dont understand, im a bit confused why thise type of attitude toward other members is accepted... i have received 10+ PM's regarding comments like yours.. they are dissapointed that this type of attitude continues on this forum. always looking for an excuse to say something negative about .mobi - MR from INDIA you are not loosing money, so why do you alway find something to post that has nothing to do with the thread? this was a simple news release for domainers like myself who have invested pennies into .mobi ..... this method keeps us all up to date with the market... why dont you find something you like and post about it... otherwise a MOD or ADAM should make it clear on this forum if .mobi discussion is acceptable or NOT... this way alll domainers have a clear message about posting... otherwise we will continue to have these stupid useless discussion... every post for .mobi is violated by negative replies.. sure you have the right to post your opinion, but this thread was not the place.. it was a simple news release for domainers who also own dot mobi...

dude dont you have a life? wow... we already get it you dont like DOT MOBI

how selfish are you, that you have to post your feelings about it on every dot mobi thread...

after i click on submit reply... watch how many more will protect him.... its not about me or you... its about this forum and what the policies are?

dnforum = doman name forum - am i wrong?
what part of this title shows that this forum is no place for dot mobi? is this forum for trading, networking, learning?

wow

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ahhhh a creative writer ....

and still again :frusty:

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, a website that loses 2,300 ranks over 3 months is going down. 2300 ranks can mean a lot in absolute numbers. Its not like wikipedia.com sliding to no. 11 from no. 9. And keeping even that in mind, Zagat is not wikipedia or IMDB. Its not an all encompassing web presence. Its a niche website, not a top 10 website for a global audience. So stop cheerleading. It doesn't make you look good.

Batman. First of all, you say that this forum is for discussing domain names. And thats what I've been doing. Every issue has two sides, right? You guys hype up the pros, I put forward the cons. Thats equality. A potential noob needs to hear both sides.

And Vision. What can I say man. I'm amazed. You must be REALLY in love with your .mobis to go through my entire post history to find out that I'm a film student and a Stephen King fan.
I'll give you an advice: the next time, just ask. Alright?

Seriously, wtf does my being a film student and a Stephen King fan have to do shit about .mobi or domaining? Get a life man, really, and stop caring about what people do in theirs.

All I know is that I can still afford to buy quality names. So stop bullshitting about what I do in my life. Thats none of your goddamned business.

You guys just showed what an insecure and pathetic bunch you really are. I'm critical of domains and extensions here, not people, nor do I spend hours digging up members' old posts to figure out what they do in their lives. Maybe if you all stopped acting like this bunch of insecure, whiny kids, people might actually start liking .mobi more.

Pathetic.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Doc, a website that loses 2,300 ranks over 3 months is going down. 2300 ranks can mean a lot in absolute numbers. Its not like wikipedia.com sliding to no. 11 from no. 9. And keeping even that in mind, Zagat is not wikipedia or IMDB. Its not an all encompassing web presence. Its a niche website, not a top 10 website for a global audience. So stop cheerleading. It doesn't make you look good.

Batman. First of all, you say that this forum is for discussing domain names. And thats what I've been doing. Every issue has two sides, right? You guys hype up the pros, I put forward the cons. Thats equality. A potential noob needs to hear both sides.

And Vision. What can I say man. I'm amazed. You must be REALLY in love with your .mobis to go through my entire post history to find out that I'm a film student and a Stephen King fan.
I'll give you an advice: the next time, just ask. Alright?

Seriously, wtf does my being a film student and a Stephen King fan have to do shit about .mobi or domaining? Get a life man, really, and stop caring about what people do in theirs.

Take your own advice then, and stop knocking what you don't understand.

All I know is that I can still afford to buy quality names. So stop bullshitting about what I do in my life. Thats none of your goddamned business.

No bullshitting - just quoting you. Public information, because you made it so.

You guys just showed what an insecure and pathetic bunch you really are. I'm critical of domains and extensions here, not people, nor do I spend hours digging up members' old posts to figure out what they do in their lives. Maybe if you all stopped acting like this bunch of insecure, whiny kids, people might actually start liking .mobi more.

And this from the person who started a thread, in the mobi section, about how many threads there are in the mobi section.....now if you need a definition of pathetic - there you go!

Pathetic.

You're so wrapped up in yourself, you probably haven't noticed that noone is backing you up anymore. Looks like noone wants the association - might tarnish their long standing reputations on here - can't say as I blame 'em.

Dont bother replying to this 'cos I don't care what you have to say. I've wasted too much time on you already, and you're just not worth it. I'm not trying to sell you something, and I no longer care if you 'get' the mobi thing - I'd rather you stay on the other side.

But one last thing; do you remember saying that noone would advertise a .com and a .mobi on the same advert; said it would be too confusing, and that seperate advertising would be expensive, and bla, bla, bla......well here you go: http://developing.mobi/closemobi.htm

(Thanks to Tomsey for the photograph)

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder what the response will be when folks find out about www.Fidelity.mobi.

Another loser that is the largest provider of 401K and 403b plans in the nation managing 3.3 trillion dollars in assets.

Why? Well, seems like the Chief IT person likes the iPhone and even more likes what the iPhone can bring to the firm. More importantly, what the iPhone brings to the customer.

Your non-cheerleading attempt and doing a belly flop instead of a backflip makes you look like the fool.

Why do you insist on piling on the bullshit on top of bullshit and wonder why the barn is getting full of bullshit? Everyone of you points have been proven pointless to the point that you grasping for something to save you from drowning in your own pile.

Now you admit it is a niche website. Do you even study markets? Hmm, let me think why it might be slipping. Oh yeah, traditional vacation season is over in this country. Since Labor Day. Gee, that was what, about 3 months ago?

Does Alexa measure type in traffic? And does it measure traffic from links? Because it has 140,000 other sites linking to it.

Do your homework. I am tired of doing it for you.

And you comment/anti-comment of being a film student I don't think is really the point here.

Your advice and assessment of a celebrity name, just like here, is very piss poor and off the mark.

Make a fan site, and wait for him to contact you (though I doubt this...he's been known to not care about his celebrity status). He can definitely afford it!
Or, he can just take you ass to court and seize it.

Look up WIPO decisions regarding celebrities names.

Such great advice you give.

A company with an GPR of 6, alexa rank of 19,963, overall Incoming Links of 142,078 is dying and creating a Stephen King fan site will make Stephen King want to buy it and the domain name, even though it is his own name.

Doubtful Stephen King knows shit about domain names. But lawyers do.

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sashas, it took 2 seconds to find your background, which I do applaud. It's the only thing that is positive about you.

It illustrates to people you *did* have a life before you entered this dotMobi forum 50 hours each week. Now you are a full-time dotMobi smear merchant and .mobi investor demonizer.

This a dotMobi subforum. We discuss dotMobi news, events, etc. If dotMobi news bothers people, than go cry, bitch and moan elsewhere.

You dished it, so be prepared to take it.

As long as the Mobiphobic Mob keeps trolling, they will be refuted.

Michael

Fidelity.mobi is great news Doc. Fidelity Investments defies Sashass. Fidelity has $12.6 billion in revenue. I guess Fidelity is a sucker falling for the hype....along with AXA, ING, Bank of America, ESPN, Smirnoff, BMW, NOKIA, etc, etc...

Weird..

There are 617 (618, including this one) threads in the .mobi subforum.

Just 5 in .tv (another of those new popular TLDs), 227 in Other (dating back to 2004), 1 in .de, 1 in .co.uk, etc. etc.

The .mobi forum is practically full of postings by a handful of individuals putting up threads about every little website on .mobi (usually in this format: *** XYZ blah blah ***). How come no one's doing that for any other extension?

Maybe thats because people aren't interested in other extensions...
But then, .tv has been selling a lot too, with many large sales. I won't even begin talking about .co.uk or .de. Maybe these extensions don't need daily reports of every tiny website sighted by a couple of individuals.

So you populate an authoritative forum like DNF with posts of .mobi "sightings", giving the impression to the average noob that .mobi is the best thing since .com, and you eventually land suckers like Alvaro who buy the hype.

I can swear a couple of members here have been hired by dotmobi :lol:

But seriously, while it all might be in the name of profit, don't you think its potentially damaging? The Whois of Poker.mobi and Fun.mobi says Domain Capital. I don't know if they're owned by Domain Capital, or if they're financed by them. If they're financed by them, you can see that some folks are falling for .mobi so much to take loans for them, loans they might not be able to pay back (of course, if they're owned by Domain Capital, its a different thing).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
retailsales_books.jpg

zagat_survey_728x90.gif

In addition to becoming the world's best-selling publisher of restaurant guides, Zagat Survey has developed business relationships with thousands of leading companies, including Citigroup, The Coca-Cola Company, Diageo, Merck, Merrill Lynch, MGM, Microsoft, The New York Times, Sony, Toyota, Visa and Verizon. In addition, Zagat Survey has won universal media applause from respected industry experts. Newhouse Syndicate calls Zagat Survey "the most up-to-date, comprehensive and reliable guides ever published," while The New York Times says it is "a necessity second only to a valid credit card

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys.
A few things.

First of all, this is a discussion about domain names, .mobi to be specific.
You guys believe .mobi will be successful and give arguments, stats to prove likewise. Fair enough. That's your part of the debate.
I believe that .mobi won't be successful and I give arguments to back my opinions. Even if I'm wrong, in a debate, there HAVE to be 2 sides. The for and the against part.

You need not agree with my opinions, and I need not agree with yours. But that doesn't mean that because we don't agree, we have to stop debating it altogether. If things worked like this, there would be no free society. For every voice supporting an argument, there also has to be one against it. A third party has to make decisions listening to both sides of the argument.

I don't flame. I don't put up one sentence posts. I post my opinions and I, whenever time permits, make it a point to elucidate and explain my reasoning for my opinions. The thread I started about the number of .mobi thread did not say "so many threads. Dot mobi sucks". No, it was a fairly long post, not intended to be a dumb flame up.

Your job as mobi supporters is to discredit my arguments, not me. To do so would be using cheap tactics. In any healthy debate, you question the logicality of an argument, not the arguer. The argument exists independently of the arguer. They're not the same, and they can't be treated the same.

If you can understand this part, then great. If you can't, well, then good luck with dot mobi. Eventually, the market will decide the fate of .mobi, not us.

Cheers

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Guys.
A few things.

First of all, this is a discussion about domain names, .mobi to be specific.
You guys believe .mobi will be successful and give arguments, stats to prove likewise. Fair enough. That's your part of the debate.
I believe that .mobi won't be successful and I give arguments to back my opinions. Even if I'm wrong, in a debate, there HAVE to be 2 sides. The for and the against part.

You need not agree with my opinions, and I need not agree with yours. But that doesn't mean that because we don't agree, we have to stop debating it altogether. If things worked like this, there would be no free society. For every voice supporting an argument, there also has to be one against it. A third party has to make decisions listening to both sides of the argument.

I don't flame. I don't put up one sentence posts. I post my opinions and I, whenever time permits, make it a point to elucidate and explain my reasoning for my opinions. The thread I started about the number of .mobi thread did not say "so many threads. Dot mobi sucks". No, it was a fairly long post, not intended to be a dumb flame up.

Your job as mobi supporters is to discredit my arguments, not me. To do so would be using cheap tactics. In any healthy debate, you question the logicality of an argument, not the arguer. The argument exists independently of the arguer. They're not the same, and they can't be treated the same.

If you can understand this part, then great. If you can't, well, then good luck with dot mobi. Eventually, the market will decide the fate of .mobi, not us.

Cheers

Everyone please stop debating with Mr.INDIA - lets wait until our next .mobi post and see who will violate it with their negative comments... for now we should all rest our case....

1+1 = 2 Very Simple Answer... if you disagree... then there is not much we can do

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Everyone please stop debating with Mr.INDIA - lets wait until our next .mobi post and see who will violate it with their negative comments... for now we should all rest our case....

1+1 = 2 Very Simple Answer... if you disagree... then there is not much we can do

Agreed.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sure thing, Mr.America. I won't violate your .mobi threads. You guys seem to be disinterested in any form of debate anyways.
And btw, this is not a mathematical equation that 1+1=2. There's no absoluteness in anything that we're discussing here.

Cheers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Greg, you .mobi spammer you :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom