Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed zfbot(dot)com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kengreenwood

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious as to what value you all (specifically those of you intimately familiar with the functionality of the website) would put on the http://www.zfbot.com domain/application. Traffic is substantial - thousands of queries performed each day and users spend an average of 5 minutes or more on the site per visit.

Last edited:

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A wildcard zone lookup is pretty easy to duplicate (and has been done by many, including domaintools, and myself).

You have a nice interface and a flash presentation which for many makes the search process clean and efficient.

Ultimately, in services, value is determine by whether or not the service can be monetized. In other words, if people are willing to pay for this data, then it can potentially be worth something.

$2k-$5k in my opinion. The problem is, as soon as you sell it, or start taking bids, you'll have a bunch of copy-cats and that will bring down the price.

I think the best way to monetize this is to figure out what people are using it for (ex: to find potential buyers for domains they already own) and then create some subscription level service to accommodate the heavy users.

Good luck,
Luc

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom