Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Zouzas Subject of New Article at DNJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke
However, there is one thing about this argument that I really like. Six months ago, the argument was over whether or not new namespace would ever be accepted. Now the argument has shifted to which subdivision of new namespace will be see the most use. :) [/B]

absolutley right on the nail :) :) proof is in the pudding or in the site so to speak so what are they i know of a couple .US,,
in other words what extension are high profile new extension sites using,,,,

http://www.Olympic.us

http://www.liddyshow.us

Domain Summit 2024

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

DOT US MUCH stronger than .Biz..

With "certain dot US names" I'll agree are better than biz. Otherwise all the rest of the stuff is pure hogwash.

Event happenings in the US would not work with the .biz name. www.BostonMarathon.us (good), www.BostonMarathon.biz (bad).

City names are probably equal, although I prefer .biz (just my own bias). www.LosAngeles.biz is better for a "business related" city name, then www.LosAngeles.us... again, check it:

[email protected] (not bad, but gov't sounding)

[email protected] (business ring to it, I like it)

Do not underestimate the power of your "email address" as it relates to marketing.

[email protected] (unique, powerful)

as opposed to:

[email protected] (again, is this a "K-12" site)

There's more:

[email protected] (Not bad, but the US gov't brand does peek thru)

vs

[email protected] (I prefer singular names in the .biz tld)

NOTE: I am not against Dot US names... As I said, there is definitely a market that is going to be there. I just think that there is more hype then facts right now. I'll readily admit that I don't think everyone will have an affinity for .biz, however I like it for the reasons stated. Biased, yes... Am I right? Who knows. I guess will all find out!

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

Dot come generation? :laugh:

the .com generation was our generation, the new genertaion is ALREADY accepting new TLDs, from ccTLDS to the .BIz, ,.INfo even the damn island domains, .. and Kids.US is not just another alternative it is LAW ..they have to taught about Kids.Us

We are talking about 1rst graders to 8th graders Izopod..not 16 years old Jimmy that wouldnt be caought dead on a Kids.US site

You'll understand soon enough..
[/url]

Bid,

My nephew is in the 6th grade, and he called me last month to get my feedback on potential names for a gaming site he is building "from scratch". All the names he mentioned were dot-com. He knows about dot us/biz/info yet he "wanted" a dot com. Needless to say, I agreed with him on the use of a dot com, as dot biz doesn't work for personal gaming sites. Dot US doesn't work either in my opinion, and dot info---fat chance he said!

My whole point about the "dot kids.us" / dot us comparison is that it's groundless. In fact if anything, it hurts the dot us name. Most businesses, et al don't want to associate themselves with government sponsored URLs. I do see US organizations taking a liking to the dot US name---after seeing the USOC, olympic page, and Godaddy's marketing for US, it does seem like a good fit.

I say drop the "Kids.us" issue and try to play it up another way, especially after seeing the dot us name as a EMAIL address.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner .....Somebody somewhere is going to get control of library.kids.us; I’d think we’d all prefer that it be a library or librarian, yes? "....

I went to reg it but zouzas was faster!! :mad: taken within 10 minutes.

Bid, Next time you mention a great name please PM me first.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
I say drop the "Kids.us" issue and try to play it up another way, especially after seeing the dot us name as a EMAIL address.

Actually I LOVE the .us on email addresses.It tells people all over the world where I live. Gee! What a novel concept for an ADDRESS!

In the examples you have given I would take the .US over the .BIZ email address in EVERY case. I just think it makes more sense, looks and sounds much better. Of course this is my personal preference (hence the blondes/brunettes analogy I made earlier). I still haven't warmed up to the .biz term (though I'm not as cold toward it as I used to be - making me think that my negative reaction to the extension may eventually go away with continued exposure to it).

Here's what I personally see as the biggest problem with .biz. To me it sounds crass. Small businesses go to great lengths to convince customers they are their friends and are there to help them. The .biz strips away that veneer and to me says "Hey, all we care about is your money!". That's why I think Mole is on the right track in his belief that .biz will work far better with B2B where both sides accept the purely commercial nature of their interaction. I don't think it is a good match for customer service oriented small businesses.

Might just be me - only time will tell.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

The .biz strips away that veneer and to me says "Hey, all we care about is your money!".

And what's wrong with that!! :D

I certainly don't want to come across as someone who is interested in just your money. As a web site owner, the main function is to have you come back. Given that fact, ".biz" would seem to have the potential of sticking in ones brain.

As always, an example of this....

http://www.SmithDryCleaning.biz (hey that smith guy is in the drying cleaning business). Who cares which country he comes from...I mean that in all due respect to our country, but most american's will only see the US name as a governmental/school name-space. Something business owners may take note of when the "Kids.us" name rolls out.

As far as email addresses go, I think their importance is often overlooked, as I stated previously... Think about it. What' your first thought when you see:

[email protected]

Now contrast that with:

[email protected]

vs

[email protected]

vs

[email protected]

vs

[email protected]

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

I went to reg it but zouzas was faster!! :mad: taken within 10 minutes.

Bid, Next time you mention a great name please PM me first.

oops,,,actually i was surprised it was available some guy Tarig has most of the good ones ,,,,all kidding aside i'm using all of them for my new site,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,AmericasKids.us should be live in a few weeks:)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep Tariq has some good ones, and so does Dry Heat. I wish I could beat those guys to some of these.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stocdoctor
Yep Tariq has some good ones, and so does Dry Heat. I wish I could beat those guys to some of these.

Tariq IS Dry Heat :)

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Tariq IS Dry Heat :)

does anyone know is he developing them or selling them:)

M

mole

It took a while for .COM to grow on me. It will take a while for .BIZ to grow on people. .COM is for the layman. .BIZ is for professionals in the know :D

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think acceptance of .US will be considerably broader than many expect. It's great to have the one-word killer domains.

At the same time, the supply of good 2-word .coms has been exhausted too. Personally I see a lot of value in good two-word domains.

Duke , I agree with you. That is why I am in no rush to sell Genetics.us and Nanotech.us (unless the offers are good five figure $). ;)

DryHeat

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas

does anyone know is he developing them or selling them:)

Hi Folks: I apreciate your interest in the domains I have and my plans. These days, due to a personal situation, I seldom visit this forum and for the most part remain detached from domain matters. However, I'll try to provide a brief synopsis of my domain project and its status.

Shortly after getting the domains in LR-1 in the fall of 2001 I undertook quite an ambitious project of starting to develop more than 50 domains into functional websites. However, for various (personal/professional) reasons the project has been on what would be best described as "On Hold" status for a while now. More recently, two domains (Delaware.info & caribbean.biz) were developed in a more decent manner in partnership with another forum member.

Following is a list of the domains on which the work was initiated almost a year and a half ago....I'd be interested in exploring further partnerships in terms of full development/promotion of these domains/websites:

Amarillo.info
Auckland.info
CorpusChristi.info
Destin.info
Fairbanks.info
Flagstaff.info
Gainesville.info
Greenbay.info
Greenville.info
New-Orleans.info
OklahomaCity.info
RioDeJaneiro.info
RockyPoint.info
Saskatchewan.info
Westwood.info

ArtificialIntelligence.info
Bioengineering.info
ComputerScience.info
Designing.info
Embroidery.info
Ergonomics.info
Fiberoptics.info
FireSafety.info
GraphicArts.info
InformationTechnology.info

AutoTransport.info
BusinessAdministration.info
BusinessLoans.info
ContinuingEducation.info
HomeBuilders.info
MessageBoards.info
MortgageLenders.info
Roommates.info
SitePromotion.info

Artprints.info
BabyGifts.info
BabyProducts.info
Baskets.info
BoardGames.info
BridalJewelry.info
Compressors.info
Firewalls.info
Footwear.info
Fountains.info
GiftCertificates.info
Glassware.info
Guitars.info
HomeProducts.info
Journals.info
Kayaks.info
Novelties.info
PartySupplies.info
ProtectiveGear.info
Publications.info
RecreationalVehicles.info
SafetyProducts.info
Telescopes.info
Uniforms.info
Watercraft.info

Athletes.info
CollegeSports.info
Paddling.info
Racquetball.info
Celebration.info
Celebrations.info
ShowBusiness.info

Most of my domains are listed at:

DnStore.biz

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
It took a while for .COM to grow on me. It will take a while for .BIZ to grow on people. .COM is for the layman. .BIZ is for professionals in the know :D

yup and big organizations are starting to use .US and its only been about 12 months since the release to the general piblic:)

http://www.olympic.us

http://liddyshow.us

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zousas: I sent you a PM

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bill Gates: I sent you a pm

DNS Kidd

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't share the perception that .us is seen as a government extension. That is what .gov, .int, .mil and others are for.

It has been shown that markets develop along geographical or regional lines. The widespread use of .de within the German regional / national market is a good example.

I do think .us sounds better for national, or international corporations, rather than "smithdrycleaning".

Of course, smithdrycleaning may have large ambitions, and in that case, the company will grow into the name very well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom