Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

1 or one in names please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daveyboy

hi i have a domain i want to register and hopefully resell at a profit but what i'm a bit confused on is wheather to use a 1 in it or one in the name, which is the most professional and would hopefully increase the price of it
thanks for your help
dave

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1media or onemedia? Personally, I prefer onemedia or mediaone to 1media or media1

Stronger branding, and less confusing when spoken. Don't have to explain that the 1 is a numeric blah blah.

register both and cover your bases - thats the professional way to do it.

VoxKeysGtr

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Mole, and I would do what Safesys suggests. Better safe than sorry. I would hate to see someone get a version of my name, but with a number in it. That would suck! Good luck.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Usually the ONE spelling will beat the 1, particularly because of confusion between 1 and lower case L. By contrast, "7 up" is much stronger than "seven up".

If you wish to build a brand, your defensive expenses are increased if the brand bears a numeral. You will want to register BOTH the numeral and its spelling to protect the brand.

zoltan

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Onemedia looks more professional, however I do own a domain name that starts with "1" instead of "one". If you choose "1" you will be ranked higher on some directories.

Another question: which one do you prefer:"2" or "to", "4" or "for"?

Like "gift4you.com" or "giftforyou"?

same as for one/1 - the word looks more professional imo, but best to reg both and cover bases.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
I try not to get "1", "2", and "4" as substitutes for words. This limits the resale value, although you can still sell it. Always go with "one", "to" (two or too) or "for" (four or fore).

-Bob

Originally posted by daveyboy
hi i have a domain i want to register and hopefully resell at a profit but what i'm a bit confused on is wheather to use a 1 in it or one in the name, which is the most professional and would hopefully increase the price of it
thanks for your help
dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators