Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

2007 TRAFFIC West Moniker Auction - Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I submitted my list of domains to Moniker last week, there really pushing for low reserves and want good domains, you cant blame for that, but it makes owners like myself feel very uneasy, come auction day.

I'm interested to know how many of you undervalued the reserve to encourage more bidding and how many submitted their reserve as the least amount they would sell for?

Thanks!

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also noticed the blatant push for low reserves. Can't blame them but it seemed it bit self-serving.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What scares me about this is that you set low reserves to get into the LIVE auction and then you go into the Silent instead... where ONE bidder gets your domains for rock bottom prices.

Ouch.

Still, as they say, a sale is a sale, right? :)

It's happend to me a couple of times... for domains that I would have liked to see sell for more and domains that I believe could have, had they gone LIVE.

GoPC

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if you don't get accepted to the live auction, are you trapped into the silent auction? Based on the exclusivity contract, it would seem that way.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In a word... YES

GoPC

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So if you don't get accepted to the live auction, are you trapped into the silent auction? Based on the exclusivity contract, it would seem that way.

When you submit your name, can't you just make it clear that you want the live auction or nothing ? ie state your own terms. I get the feeling that this will be a long thread. :)

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I dont see "live" or "silent" indicated in the seller agreement at all, its basically a 60 day exclusive agreement no matter what method they use, a sale is a sale costing 15%.

mrojas2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received an invitation by mail, and for the first time I sent a list to Moniker TRAFFIC Live Auction. When (and how) will I know if my names were accepted?

Sorry my english. Thanks for any help.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What scares me about this is that you set low reserves to get into the LIVE auction and then you go into the Silent instead... where ONE bidder gets your domains for rock bottom prices. GoPC

I think you all know that is what happened to me for Internext. I was feeling the push for putting in low reserves and betting on volume and ended up taking a bath on some names that should have sold for more. And the silent names all went to one bidder. I have no clue about the Live bidders.

I also wanted to see how long it took Moniker to process the first auction, top see if all went smoothly AND quickly. Asking me to submit names to TRAFFIC West before they had even settled Internext, well, let's just say I'm happy I held off this time. Because of all this, I opted not to submit to TRAFFIC West.

If I were ever to do it again, I would clearly write into the contract requesting a 60-day, daily status report on each domain, like, Waiting for Payment from Buyer, or Waiting on Registrar EPP Transfer Approval or , No Bids, or, well, you get the idea, even if Monte has to hire a couple of admin folks to help the reps. Communication has been far less than expected at best for my first experience with them.

Just my 2 cents.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If I were ever to do it again, I would clearly write into the contract requesting a 60-day, daily status report on each domain, like, Waiting for Payment from Buyer, or Waiting on Registrar EPP Transfer Approval or , No Bids, or, well, you get the idea, even if Monte has to hire a couple of admin folks to help the reps. Communication has been far less than expected at best for my first experience with them.

Just my 2 cents.

I don't like being in the dark either, when your locked into a contract and have no clue what the status is for the domains you submitted, it can be very frustrating. I didn't sell any domains at Live or Silent, but I've been through the waiting process with other brokers, which do provide status information. I'll agree that Moniker's interface needs improvement, but there service overall is excellent.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow good info. Glad I dodged this bullet.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i submitted mine and the pushed for a low reserve so i hope i get into the live auction otherwise im not sure about the price, might go lower then my highest price now, but they thought it would get into the main auction so hopefully

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hate to sound like the conspiracy theorist but how do we know that we are getting the most possible money for the domains that you are allowing to be sold at a very low reserve and imo under market value alot of times...maybe there is something darker going on behind the scenes? :scared:

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if it goes into the live auction im happy should'nt be a problem for me (im sure i will get very close to my old reserve or more) can be alot more if im lucky so. But if not im not sure what will happen at the silent auktion

Sarcle

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So aren't the names supposed to be announced today?

The committee expects to have the live auction inventory finalized on the 12th

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I submitted 4 premium names. It turned out Moniker was pushing hard for sharply lower reserves with a very detailed email to justify much lower pricing comparing my prices to past auction prices on similar names sold. As a result I withdrew my 2 best names from the auction and the other two I ended up reluctantly lowering my price very significantly to not disappoint them and still participate.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It has been nearly four weeks since Internext and I've only been paid on one domain of nine, and I'm told only one more is ready for processing.

Be prepared to wait for payment and non-paying buyers. *Maybe* I'll get paid on others later this week.

My stupidity in setting low reserves is what got me into the Live and Silent auctions. Good names, just not great names.

Just my 2 cents.

oberheimer

Domain investor
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so why have'nt i heard anything or seen a list

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
so why have'nt i heard anything or seen a list

Finalizing the list might not mean the Final Selections list. It could just mean they have gathered all the names they will be picking from over the next couple weeks.

With Internext we thought we were getting a list two plus weeks before the auction. Instead, it was just a few days prior.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It has been nearly four weeks since Internext and I've only been paid on one domain of nine

Disgraceful. Have the buyers been that slow to pay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators