Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

3L .io and .vc - what do you think?

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
What do you think about 3 letter .io and .vc? I have 1 of each and I haven’t offered them for sale yet as I can’t price them. Are these names of any value as abbreviations?

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

you don't have to set a price, just take offers.

as for abbreviation value, only you know the names,
so you'll have to do the research

imo...

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks!

I have lots of abbr names under various TLDs and I haven’t even listed them for sale. Spent ton of money and I guess I freaked out... I am kinda scared in case I receive an offer and I don’t know if it’s a good offer or a bad offer. ‍♂️

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am kinda scared in case I receive an offer and I don’t know if it’s a good offer or a bad offer. ‍♂️

Hi

in the hood, there's an old saying...

a scared man, can't win no money

that' means, if you too scared to bet, then back away from the game.

imo...

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
Haha I know.
I am originally from Bulgaria (UK based) we have another saying in Bulgarian:

“Който го е страх от мечки, да не ходи в гората.”

“He who is scared of bears shouldn’t go to the woods

I should play more bravely I guess. :)

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
3L.io are doing good even random .IO. you should list them on a landing page.

3L .VC I can't say anything. I only have one 3L .VC which is Gic.vc

There is a very big venture capital on Gic.com.sg

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All my names have landing pages with my email and phone number on them, plus link to an offer page. I just don’t list on many marketplaces. Only sedo (+partners), uniregistry (+GD and Aftenic) and Dan.
Why limit yourself?

There are other marketplaces like Epik.com, also Epik offers fully customisable, SSL enabled domain landing page. Check it if you haven't.

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
Epik is in my to-do list but only for listing on their marketplace). I am currently in the process of transferring all my .com .net .org and .info to Sav as it’s far cheaper to keep them there and all ccTLDs (like .co.uk) to Dynadot. I want to use dynadot marketplace for internal domains and auctions. My idea was using uniregistry parking but linking from the landers to offer pages on Sav marketplace as they only charge 4% commission at sale.

Deleted member 322971123

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Epik is in my to-do list but only for listing on their marketplace). I am currently in the process of transferring all my .com .net .org and .info to Sav as it’s far cheaper to keep them there and all ccTLDs (like .co.uk) to Dynadot. I want to use dynadot marketplace for internal domains and auctions. My idea was using uniregistry parking but linking from the landers to offer pages on Sav marketplace as they only charge 4% commission at sale.

Not everything which come cheap are good. Here is a true story, his friend lost the deal because of Sav.com as he had that name with them.

IMG_20201224_185547.jpg

Last edited:

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
I already had some bad experiences with Sav and I even posted a very negative review on Trustpilot. I decided to give them a second chance only after their CEO Nick Roskam reached out to me personally. I am waiting to see the changes they are making after New Year, nothing is currently listed for sale on their marketplace. Was a huge disappointment when I lost an auction for a really nice 4L .com listed there. Unlike most platforms they pre-charge your card for every bid you place in their auctions. That’s how i ended up having almost $1300 blocked in my card and I still lost the auction. The winning bid was $261 but I just couldn’t afford having more than those $1300 blocked. Took them more than a week after the end of the auction to release the amount back. But to be honest I have had bad experiences with most platforms so... I guess nowhere is perfect.

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
No bad experience with Dynadot so far though. The only things with them is you can only list for sale if the names are registered with them. And their user auctions are not popular. But the expired ones are. I can see how people leave their names expire on purpose so they can be listed in expired auctions and once they see that there is interest for the name they renew and change the auctions from expired to user. It’s all about exposure tactics I guess.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is a true story, his friend lost the deal because of Sav.com as he had that name with them.

Hi

who is telling the story and who is the friend.... and what are the details surrounding the cause of the "lost deal"?

i don't use sav, but been using netsol since forever... and recently won a domain in auction, that's registered there.

still, this is about 3 letter io and vc
and no matter what registrar, marketplace, or lander used, it always comes down to the actual domain names in question.

letters that don't have appeal or obvious usage, will end up being dropped,
or recycled into the domainer to domainer sales market.

if you're going to speculate on off brand extensions, then at least try to get highest quality of them.
than just being happy to have some in a category.

imo....

AntonNaydenoff

Level 1
Reaction score
I don’t know how to quote only part of the upper post, but what you said about obvious usage is very true. My .io for instance is XQO.io and I can’t think of any obvious usage for the name. It’s just 3 random letters (Extra Quality Orgasm or Xenophobic Quartet of Orlando) - so i guess it has no or very little value.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom