Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

$495 .ws reg fee @ dynadot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh NZ

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hiya,

I am trying to register a ###.ws domain at dynadot, it says its available, and a who.is search also says its available, however dynadot is trying to charge me $495 to register it.

Is this something to do with number only .ws domains or something?

I'm really not sure,

thanks!

UPDATE:

.ws has special prices for 1, 2 & 3 char domains.

3 char - $495
2 char - $990
1 char - $49,500

:(

Last edited:
Domain Summit 2024

Josh NZ

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In terms of a 3 character domain, i think having a unique/different looking extension is a good idea. 3 characters don't give u much space to make them remember it, but that .ws or .mx etc can make the difference.

Of course, this doesn't make up for some of the stories we all read about regarding .ws domains :p

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you're going for .ws, go for single word generics over three letters and use Godaddy. I've had fairly solid 10x-30x ROI on the ones I have sold, so its upto you to choose wisely.

There are a ton of options out there for three letter domains, whether you can get the same keyword in them is another matter altogether.

As for stories regarding .ws domains, if you believe that paying $10/mo for a domain to take part in some mlm scheme instead of paying $10/yr at a regular registrar will give you 'income for life', you probably have it coming to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom