Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

5nk.com, 5bv.com, 5nu.com, 5bk.com - All Stolen

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
welcome back...happy you had a good result

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome back!

glad you recovered your domains

also, can you give some insight into how you got them back?

Thanks

imo...

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I had to wait patiently and I got it recovered in jan 2015 , almost 3 months after identifying the domains are stolen.

I weekly followed up with godaddy, icann and enames (as I was and still connected in china). In first 10 days, I did regular follow ups .

I assume godaddy legal team is strong . I have not lost trust with them , infact am confident on them and still hold domains with them.

I have started taking precautions which I used to overlook and casual about ! Forward mails , unknown domain enquiry , misleading domain renewal mails , domain with A is sent from B for renewal and so on ! Don’t click any link or any confirmation of acknowledgement. Check monthly if not weekly your portfolio.

I am not able to find mails but as I do , will share screenshots

Reaction score
This thread is a few months old. However it's worth reminding people to keep an eye on any changes to whois information (however small) for imminent theft threats or unwanted registrar action. People using my system, in my signature, are notified within the hour whenever domain info is changed. A lot of thefts can be avoided with simple notification. Also choose your registrar carefully - some seem to be a little more lax than others and are easily persuaded with social engineering to give out important information or even change details. Again a simple constant monitoring of the whois will alert you if this is going on. Really nowadays, short of blatant registrar theft, there is no excuse for any domain thefts to occur where someone doesn't notice for months.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators