Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A Good Host

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tee

I use http://www.intersurge.com for hosting and I can say from experience that they have an excellent customer service, great control panel, they offer fp 2002 extensions as well as all kinds of other goodies and they provide very good site uptime.

They are offering this deal right now:

10 MB disk space
500 MB bandwidth
10 POP email accts.
1 mailing list
1 MySQL database
CGI/PHP
Free setup
$6/month

To get this deal, put "20PERCENT" in the comments box when you sign up.

I am not affiliated with them I'm just a happy customer.

Domain summit 2024

500 MB bandwidth???
That's not good at all.
Compare with 200 Mb of space, 10 Gb of monthly bandwidth, unlimited POP3 mailboxes, 10 mySQL databases etc etc for $7.95 /month

T

Tee

Its very good if your needs are small. This is perfect if you are making a simple site listing affiliates. The thing that is really good about them is the customer service and functionality of the control panel. And no setup fee and $6 a month. And uptime.

If you need gigs of bandwidth, they can provide that too for a little more in cost.

In any case, I've used hosts who offer much more than this yet have terrible uptime and take days to respond to emails.

The important thing is uptime, and most of these unlimited this and that hosts for anything less than $20 a month are terrble in this critical dept.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
1/2 gig of bandwidth is nothing!
Anyway, I would hardly call that a good deal above.
Should at least get 2 gigs and 20 MB's of space for $6.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Heard alwayswebhosting.com has good prices, reasonable space, an 60GB of bandwidth.

Owner is Ronnie, the original owner of javascriptsource.com (now owned by internet.com.... )

T

Tee

I showed the customer service at intersurge.com some of the criticisms here in this thread made by mc juice and others, and although they are not trying to compete with the cheapie low end hosts, they have changed the offering to include:

In addition to what was mentioned before,

2GB of bandwidth and 20 mb of disk space. They are also very flexible to peoples needs and you can always email them to discuss what you need exactly. They are very personable and attentive. These people are very customer satisfaction aggressive.

Again, the real strength they offer is control panel fuctionality, customer service and uptime.

No offense, but their plans are mediocre. I have 2 separate accounts with 2 hosts and the minimum I get is 10 Gb / 200Mb for $7.95

The max is 800Mb and 20 Gb for $99 /year.

mantra

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would have to say that even 2gb bandwidth is really nothing. For $6/month you can get much more nowadays. I have hosting with Acunett and Echolima. Both offer great plans. With Acunett I got one of their special plans for 500 mb space, 12.5 gb bandwidth, and much more for only $6.95/month. Echolima, is much more professional and offers me 350mb space, 10gig bandwidth for $9.95/month. Great service, and support. Plus they offer multiple domain hosting. So I can host all my domains within one hosting plan. How Great is that? .. LOL

eggbilly

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, a good place to host your entire portfolio is www.prohosters.com.

If it's absolutely critical that you're always on-line, go somewhere else, they had a few problems with reliability in February, but OK since.

You can have 100 separate virtual hosting accounts with them for $15 per month - incl 5GB transfer, MySQL on all virtual servers and all in all, it's a nice deal for people with lots of domains.

Originally posted by HeyDanDeleteThisForumBecauseItsGettingBoring
No offense, but their plans are mediocre. I have 2 separate accounts with 2 hosts and the minimum I get is 10 Gb / 200Mb for $7.95

The max is 800Mb and 20 Gb for $99 /year.

There is a whole lot more to picking a web host than how much disk space and bandwidth you get for your $8 per month. What about features like PHP, CGI-BIN, shell access, Shopping Carts, statistics, etc.

What about uptime? That's pretty important to consider IMHO. What's the point of having a web site if its not accessible, or if its slow as molases.

Customer Service? Do your questions ever actually get answered? How long does it take? How many tries does it take to get a response?

For someone like me who runs businesses on the net, I would want to know about Uptime and Customer Service before I even looked at things like disk space, bandwidth or price. If your web site is only a hobby, then yeah, maybe those things aren't as important, but for me, I wouldn't be able to accept anything but the best.

Take care,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators