Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

A little angry with ENOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

I transferred two domain names to enom. Before transferring, these two domain name will expire in 2003. After transferring, they still expire in 2003.

I asked ENOM to investigate it, because I am sure about it. And my prevous WHOIS can still be obtained in my previous Registrar (Xinnet, located in China), which shows the prevous registrant, address, and expire date in 2003.

Enom told me that they got confirmed from Verisign, that these two domain names prevously will expire in 2002!!!

I double checked them with XINNET, they told me impossible!!!

I am awaiting ENOM's further response.

Domain summit 2024

maybe the registrar was paying the registry yearly despite indicating an expiry date for the full period you paid in their own local whois?

I dont think so.

Many people, including I, have transferred out to other registrars, without any problem about expiration date.

have had this problem myself with another registrar, depends on how recently the previous registrant renewed I beleive. I'm not sure on the exact policy but I beleive it is a disincentive stop people registering for multiple years with a cheap registrar and then moving to a more expensive registrar soon after.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
>>I beleive it is a disincentive stop people registering for multiple years with a cheap registrar and then moving to a more expensive registrar soon after.

That doesn't seem fair.

I have no problem in carry forward extra years from other registrar into enom.com , although I have never used a China registrar.

If your old registrar's whois shows 2003 and it's not displaying the data from the eNom database (remember whois is distributed and your current registrar is the only one who is supposed to have your authoritative data), then get a snapshot of that data now while it's still visible.

Get a statement, in writing, from your old registrar stating when your domain would have expired.

Get together your financial records supporting your claim that you have paid now through 2004 - your first registrar and now eNom with the transfer.

Contact Verisign the Registry, not the registrar - assuming this is a CNO domain - and ask them for help. The Registry has a record of when your domain was going to expire prior to the transfer.

Good luck,

-t

Thanks.

No reply from ENOM yet.

I do not care about some dollars, I am a bit lazy.

Maybe I will abondon my effort, but I must say there is a bug in ENOM's transferring system.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is this problem with a direct eNOM account or with a reseller of eNOM?

I noticed that eNOM is getting really big of late. Must be their support staff hasn't increased enough to cope with the rising registrations just pouring in.

I am the direct reseller.

I abondon it, hereunder it is what I just received and replied.

Ok,

I abondoned it!

I do not want to let my previous registrar to issue me a certificate, then show it to you and verisgin. These two domain names only cost me 10+ USD. I abondoned my right.

In the future, I will only transfer the domain names whois expiration date is within 1 year, so it will be clear for every side. Otherwise, I will ask ENOM to confirm the expiration date first before my transferring.

I never met any problem in transferring out from XINNET, only ENOM.

I must say I am a little disappointed.

I believe it is a bug there, if in the future you have this complaints again, you may realize it, and may be so kind to correct my case.

Anyway, thank you for your time.

-----ÓʼþÔ_¼þ-----
·¢¼þÈË: Brad Bailey [mailto:brad.bailey@enom.com]
·¢ËÍʱ¼ä: 2002Äê7ÔÂ27ÈÕ 6:16
ËÍ: Laurie Krick
Ö÷Ìâ: RE: why there is no one answers me?

If there is a discrepancy between the registry and your previous registrars records that is between the registry and that registrar. We can only update out records according to the information that is provided to us by the global registry. The one year was added to the registration period according to the registries records.

Brad Bailey
Transfer Manager
eNom Inc.
425.883.8860 ext.204
brad@enom.com
"an ICANN Accredited Registrar"

enoms reply makes it sound very much like your original registrar was paying yearly reges to verisign registry despite your prepaying for longer.

if that is the case, then your complaint is really with the original registrar and not enom. have you had any proof that the original registrar did pay for the period shown in their whois with the registry?

Eric

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The gaining registrar is not at fault. This can happen due to procedural problems at the Registry level. There are no rules that I am aware of that would prevent successful renewals directly prior to a transfer. Interestingly, one major registrar does recommend waiting 45 days after a renewal before initiating a registrar transfer but this is the only thing I've seen on it publicly. It seems like this could be fixed. I'm on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators