Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

about lowballers here

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No one should be offended by too high or too low of an offer or a response whether its domains or physical items. The item is yours. Whatever you want for it is fine. Whatever is offered for it is fine too. Either party is free to say 'no' or to make another offer. Neither side should be mad. They have their value in mind and you have yours. You either meet or you don't.

Almost nobody on this forum (and few others) is attempting to pay 'full, maximum retail' (whatever that may be for a domain name) so low ball offers are to be expected. My personal belief is that eliminating them can eliminate sales. My lesson there in part comes from (non-domain) live auction attendance and ebay. Try offering something worth $5,000 for a $1,000 opening bid and you'll usually get stone cold silence and it will usually stay that way if that is the reserve. Start it a $50 and it may quickly end up at $5,500. That's just human psychology.

I always love researching some expired domain that tracks back to something like a $10,000 minimum offer at Sedo (and I did see that one recently). Maybe they would have ended up with $200 instead of a dropped domain without that limit and maybe even $3,000 or more if it was actually a good name.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The other day I received an offer for one of my names via Sedo. It's a pronounceable, "semi-word" LLL.com with more than 10 million Google results. It receives between 1000-1200 typeins daily and makes more than $30/day parked (this was detailed in the offer description). This guy offered me $1k. When I countered (I usually don't counter lowballs on Sedo), he counter-offered with a $2k offer and a comment;

"LLL are drop in value plus u have 'x' which r junk letter".

It's hard to stay "professional" when you receive such offending offers. :upset:

that buyer was obviously another domainer who subscribes to the "premium" letter lists.

i also received an offer ($100.00)thru sedo on a LLL.org which has already received at least 5 or 6 offers this year.

the comment they sent with the offer was
we are non-profit museum

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Low offers are part of the industry and the economy goes around in circles that repeat themselves. Right now it's almost like 2001-2002 in the sense that people panic. I paid dearly for my panic back then; one must learn from their mistakes and not repeat them. So hold onto your assets and/or look for buying opportunities.

nameadvertising.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Low offers are part of the industry and the economy goes around in circles that repeat themselves. Right now it's almost like 2001-2002 in the sense that people panic. I paid dearly for my panic back then; one must learn from their mistakes and not repeat them. So hold onto your assets and/or look for buying opportunities.

Even Donald Trump couldn't have said it better.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom