Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

adamdicker.com and dnforum sales!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeRohiLL

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The RSS isn't needed when members can subscribe to threads or whole sub forums

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It still shows up the sales and everything there.

Adam, did you even care to take care of it, or you just said "it wont happen again"

As of January 10, it still shows up there.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes it is...
I have for sale on DNF loftforsale.net
Type it in goog and it comes up adamdicker first post..

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did they remove old sales on his site or is it still adding new ones? If the old ones are not deleted, they may still be cached in Google.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I listed loftforsale.net on Jan 7 and it shows adamdicker.com at top when you type it into goog

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still showing my listings too...:-(

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seems like no one is around these days. I have sent a bunch of emails and left a few posts on another subject too.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone is around.

Business decisions are made with the best interest of the forum and it's users as a whole.

There are many sites that take our RSS and syndicate it.

-=DCG=-

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone is around.

Business decisions are made with the best interest of the forum and it's users as a whole.

-=DCG=-

:eek: What? I thought being exclusive we get privacy of some sort. Seems like if we want privacy, might as well not post at all. Correct? When are we announcing that Exclusive membership comes with absolutely no more perks than Platinum?

-=DCG=-

Then stop it. It's just as easy as taking off the RSS feature of the forum. They can't parse something that isn't there. There's 5 pages of this thread with people expressing how they want some level of privacy at DNF. :undecided:

Sounds like this is more about traffic, increasing numbers. So once you're here, paid for Exclusive you can forget about customer service? I really hope not.

Last edited:

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:eek: What? I thought being exclusive we get privacy of some sort. Seems like if we want privacy, might as well not post at all. Correct?

We can make a change so Exclusive sales are not pulled or indexed.

This means the sales threads will no longer be visible to guests and will cut down the number of potential buyers that see those threads.

Those threads you are complaining about that get indexed are the same buyers that find them through search engines and buy your domains and now you no longer want them to be seen?

Does that make sense?

-=DCG=-

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the names I have posted here in the last few days have not been coming up at adamdicker.com...:):eek:k:

I agree with you guys adamdicker.com should not post sales threads.

Happy Holidays to all!

-=DCG=-

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We can make a change so Exclusive sales are not pulled or indexed.

This means the sales threads will no longer be visible to guests and will cut down the number of potential buyers that see those threads.

Those threads you are complaining about that get indexed are the same buyers that find them that you no longer want to see them.

Does that make sense?

-=DCG=-

How about meeting us in the middle? How about 1 sub-sales thread for PRIVATE threads for people (exclusive, platinum) who want them. Maybe even if they are pay per topic. That the search engines can't see, that the blog won't index, that rss can't index.

I think that's a great solution that will make both sides very happy.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This always boils down to people posting a domain for $50 and a year later they want $300 so they think if the buyer finds a previous post it will hurt their current negotiating power. That is a ridiculous way to think. regardless of what price it was posted at previously, the current price is the selling price and the rest is history.

Your selling price has nothing to do with what you posted it fr sale for previously or what you bought it for originally. That is a mindset that keeps this industry behind in it's growth.

If I paid 300k for my house and now I want 700k for it, the fact that people can look up the original cost, as it is is public, has no effect on my asking price or the current selling price.

-=DCG=-

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How about meeting us in the middle? How about 1 sub-sales thread for PRIVATE threads for people (exclusive, platinum) who want them. Maybe even if they are pay per topic. That the search engines can't see, that the blog won't index, that rss can't index.

I think that's a great solution that will make both sides very happy.

I can do that, we can call it 'sales threads that potential buyers can't find because seller's don't want them to'.

I am open to other suggestions for the name of the sub-forum. ;)

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom