Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Adding Portuguese

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about a sub-forum for Portuguese?

I'm trying to sell the official name of Portugal (.com), but I also have a few other Portuguese domain names. I'm sure others here also have Portuguese domains.

Also, please note that the "Français" forum now is #1 for posts. It is more active than the other sub-forums. Perhaps it should be moved to the top of the list of sub-forums. At a minimum, it should be put at the number two spot, although even that seems like an insult. The Spaniards and Hispanics simply haven't shown an interest in domains that is commensurate with their numbers.

Thanks

Brian

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On behalf of my TalkPortuguese dot-com domain, I second the motion! :)

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you know anyone who visitited the Portuguese Republic? The people that I know go only to Portugal. Nobody uses official names...

Because it is too long.

Except official occasions...

And in most countries, only the authorities are actually entitled to use such a domain.

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you're severely out of touch with reality.

There's no use arguing about it when the facts are staring both of us in the face:

Simply try to buy an official name for pennies and see how far you get. You could try one of mine, such as RepublicOfBotswana.com, RepublicOfSierraLeone.com, or CommonwealthOfTheBahamas.com... or why not one that I don't own, such as RepublicOfZimbabwe.com or RepublicOfZambia.com? Heck, try RepubliqueCentrafricaine.com, which is a country you might not have even heard of. See how far you get with your $20 offer, then come back and let me know how it went.

There are only a couple of hundred names in this category in the entire world, and they are intricately linked with national pride.

You wrote, "The people that I know go only to Portugal." I don't know what circles you mingle with, but my friends know of national sovereignty -- they've even taken a gander at the front of their passport. You know, that weird title in huge letters on the front of that peculiar document -- the one that reflects the name of your country.

It's no surprise that the two largest sales I have ever had were both official country names. I guess that cash speaks a little bit louder than your trash talk.

Let me guess what's lurking behind your disdain for these names... could it be... that you don't have any? Because you either didn't have the idea, or just showed up way too late?

Last edited:

dominator

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simply try to buy an official name for pennies and see how far you get. You could try one of mine, such as RepublicOfBotswana.com, RepublicOfSierraLeone.com, or CommonwealthOfTheBahamas.com... or why not one that I don't own, such as RepublicOfZimbabwe.com or RepublicOfZambia.com? Heck, try RepubliqueCentrafricaine.com, which is a country you might not have even heard of. See how far you get with your $20 offer, then come back and let me know how it went.

I do not know what $20 you are talking about. I did not offer you $20.

I will not try to buy CommonwealthOfTheBahamas.com or any of this long names, because I do not need them. I did not need them in 1996, I did not need them in 2006 (when they were still free) and I do not need them now.

Yes, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the official name of the UK, but as you can see, this page is just parked, no user will want to type it...

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did not need them in 1996.

I didn't need sex.com in 1994 either. Does that mean it was smart to miss that opportunity?

As I said, the thousands of dollars that I've made from my sales of official country names... that means a little bit more to me than your, "In theory..." comments.

dominator

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I said: I did not need them in 1996, I did not need them in 2006 and I do not need them now.

I am sure you would register sex.com in 2006 or now...

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced now. I don't like country names, official or in abbreviated form. Two reasons:

1. Don't get good vibes from people that live in countries. Untrustworthy.

2. I don't need money, either in 1986, 1995, or 2021.

All joking aside, country names don't have a monopoly on the national identity market.

There are also the adjectivals and demonyms. Fancy words, but that just means terms like "Canadian", "British", or "Mexicano". (Only local languages interest me.)

In this category, I have a vastly larger collection than I do for the country names.

Here is just a sampling:

Moçambicano.com, Mocambicano.com

(Means "Mozambican" in Portuguese, the language of Mozambique. This name is for sale now on dnforum. Click Here.)

Sénégalais.com, Senegalais.com,

(Means "Senegalese" in French, the language of Senegal. I also have Sénégal.com, LeSenegal.com, and LeSénégal.com)

Ivoirien.com

(Means "Ivorian" in French, the language of the Ivory Coast / Côte d'ivoire)

Luxembourgeois.com

(Means Luxembourger in French, the language of Luxembourg.)

This list includes another 10 countries or so, mostly African francophone countries such as Congo, Cameroon, and Guinea.

Then I also have nice names for the U.S. states, such as

TheArizonan.com

or

TheOhioan.com

or

TheNorthCarolinian.com

for the complete list of names like this for U.S. states, click here. Also for sale now on dnforum

I said: I did not need them in 1996, I did not need them in 2006 and I do not need them now.
for the complete list, click here
I am sure you would register sex.com in 2006 or now...

Last edited:

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anybody else still wondering...

Why DN has a "Tagalog" language board (whatever that is), but not a Portuguese language board?

brianluedke

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you build it, they will come...

Hundreds of millions of people in Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Sao Tome e Principe, Guine-Bisau, East Timor.

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Being portuguese...i dont really understand why there isn't yet a portuguese board...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its a good idea, I could get some help with my few Portuguese language domains. And I think the populations of Brazil and Portugal together would supply a decent number of domainers.

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its a good idea, I could get some help with my few Portuguese language domains. And I think the populations of Brazil and Portugal together would supply a decent number of domainers.

Hi. What do you need help with? If i can, i'll help you out.
Cheers

joaomesk

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And now we have a portuguese section. YAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators