• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed AdsenseAdvice.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

z482493

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2005
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Recently registered this... any thoughts on value?

Your help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance!
 
I parked this domain with Sedo, currently there is an offer to buy @ 265.

The question is, should I take it or reject it? Any thoughts?
 
just two cents... i think it's worth more. I don't usually click on very many peer domain appraisal threads, but this one caught my eye. remember though, i'm not an expert in domain appaisal, just a humble webmaster.. but i would be half tempted to put more money on the table for it myself.

Vivvy
 
z482493 said:
Recently registered this... any thoughts on value?

Your help is very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

It's a good one - but there could be TM problems at some point. I'd expect you could get at least $500 for it.
 
Hi, I'm not quite sure about your domain's value. The keyword
is good, but the domain possibly infringes Google's trademark.
That would make your domain completely worthless. If you get
Google's O.K. (in written form) to use the domain your domain
could be worth up to $750 if undeveloped and much more if
successfully developed. Good luck with selling your domain -
and don't forget to inform yourself about the trademark problem!
 
if you got the domain @ regg fee, then go on and sell.

however, "dodo1" has stated some good advice!

should you contact google for permission, it could result in a loss of the domain or a "stamp of approval".


tick...tick...tick

whatcha gonna do?
 
Dear Vivvy, healingsites, dodo1 and biggedon,

Thank you very much for all of your valuable advice!

I'll make the decision (sell or hold) in one day or two.....will let you all know the outcome.
 
Great Domain, Great and Relevant market ready to be tapped, as some people sure do need advice when It comes to the MindField of Google AdWords...

However as Adsense is a Tradmark, there could be some issues there..

If I had the time to develop such a site I would happily pay the asking price and perhaps even another $1000 more...

Good luck... don't sell yourself short on this one..
 
After finished reading all your valuable feedback....I am facing a very hard situation:

1) this is a very valuable domain name, don't sell short on this one as suggested by brandstrand;
2) this is TM problem that would make the domain completely worthless.

So....what should I do????? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Could you guys vote for me? Sell or Hold?

Many thanks!!!!
 
I don't see so much value in this. I don't know what advice you would need on adsense. Adwords, yes. Advice in writing your ads and keywords etc. could be useful. What advice on adsense would you give? Then there's TM issues. I would have taken the initial offer.
 
hold. $265 is way to low. So If you ose the domain (wost case scenario) you lost the $265+reg fee.
If you dont, and get approved... there is no limit.
 
lukeeales said:
I don't see so much value in this. I don't know what advice you would need on adsense. Adwords, yes. Advice in writing your ads and keywords etc. could be useful. What advice on adsense would you give? Then there's TM issues. I would have taken the initial offer.

There are many techniques to get the best out of Adsense... webmasters need advice too....IMHO

...

z482493 said:
After finished reading all your valuable feedback....I am facing a very hard situation:

1) this is a very valuable domain name, don't sell short on this one as suggested by brandstrand;
2) this is TM problem that would make the domain completely worthless.

So....what should I do????? :huh: :huh: :huh:

Could you guys vote for me? Sell or Hold?

Many thanks!!!!

You need to decide:

Do you want to make a quick profit?

Are you in for the long haul?

The top dollar value would be in a developed site.. if I was you.. thats what I would do.. develop it develop it develop it develop it.
 
Every so often, an appraisal thread will totally baffle me and leave me thinking that I know nothing about domains. Hehe, this is one of them!
 
Would you register "CNNAdvice" ?

Clearly a "hot" name. Unload while you still have an offer.
 
Just a note...
adsense does appear in google's TM list.. http://www.google.com/permissions/trademarks.html ... and i guess when the day is done this is what the attornies will send your way, quoting from the google site "Do not incorporate Google trademarks or logos into your own product name, service names, trademarks, logos, or company names "

I think the right people could make a great argument to google about this domain being of value to them... but that would no doubt entail the kind of money, resources and lawyers that our newbie in malaysia probably doesn't have, so it makes sense to sell it.

hot names with trademarks don't necessarily negate value... but they do test the where-with-all of the owner.

Vivvy
 
lukeeales said:
Every so often, an appraisal thread will totally baffle me and leave me thinking that I know nothing about domains. Hehe, this is one of them!

Agreed. I'm completely baffled too.
 
$1500....

Legally there are ways around this trademark, b/c of the nature of the domain. Opinions about Adsense, freedom of speech....
 
Remember, one of the conditions of the Adsense program is that you can't talk about any kind of specifics (e.g. CPM, CTR, earnings etc.) so the amount of information you can put on an "info" site is going to be limited.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom