• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Adult newbie looking for advice

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stockshark

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 30, 2006
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Hey all, I own an adult domain that I am thinking of developing into a website. First, I am not in the adult business but I would like to develop the domain if I can earn more than leaving it parked. The domain is actually not bad, it's somewhat generic .com and gets a steady stream of type-in traffic (averages about 800 type-ins a month). It's also a pretty targeted niche, and as a parked domain gets about a 60% CTR. So I think it is a good candidate for development. But, I have no experience with adult websites as far as designing a paysite, stocking content, etc. I am thinking outsourcing all that and paying someone to design a professional site, and stock and maintain content for me (I was thinking of a company like profitadult.com or a similar co, anyone heard of them?). And I am not trying to get rich off this, just want to make a small profit that's better than parked (If I could be making $500 a month off it in 12 months time I would be more than happy).

Anyway based on this info, can anyone tell me if I am being realistic? I have no idea what kind of traffic an adult site would need to net $500 a month, especially if I am outsourcing the content and maintenence. Would the type-in traffic be enough or would I have to buy additional traffic to make it work? What do you think?

Thanks for any feedback!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom