• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed AdultGifs.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bizzar

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
I'm interested in selling this and the "premium" domain appraisal services left me feeling like I just got raped after prom. Curious to see what the community feels this is worth. I get a lot of traffic from myspace, forums, and other social networking sites, but the current quotes are all over the place.

Thanks!
 
:welcome:
welcome bizzar!

dont let the premium service get ya down- the rest of us still make a nice income from this :-)
i like the name- it may not be "premium" (adult.com OR gif.com would have ranked premium) but it is a nice descriptive name- and i am sure there is a huge market for this- price will be helped with some good stats if you have them-
i dont think this is a million dollar domain- but you should do well with it-
 
The only problem I had with the premium service is the fact that what I paid seemed to have a ratio element to what they reported the name was worth. I've been online long enough and own enough domain names to know that this domain is not worth the $45-50,000 I was quoted by the more expensive apprasials, but when I tried a different service and paid $15, I got a quote of $300 ($100 less than what I paid for it). And to top it off, no service provided any information for how they arrived at their quotes. I mean, basing it on google or alexa would be obvious, but anyone could do that.

Ah... just frustrating. But at least here there's real people with loads of experience that can point me in the right direction.

Here's a screenshot of my webalizer stats if it helps!
http://www.adultgifs.com/images/adultgifs_stats.JPG
 
The morale of the story must be; Never pay for an appraisal again. :) Good luck with the name, I like it. Lo-mid $xxx reseller. mid $xxx - lo $x,xxx enduser.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom