• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Advice appreciated

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shpkiwi

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2006
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
I am new to the domain owning business and I recently noticed that a .com domain was sold for more than US$80,000 in the past 5 months and I own the same domain name but as a .net All other extensions .biz .org .info are all taken. Any idea of what the .net domain name may be worth if of course someone is interested in it?
 
Hard to say without knowing the name. I've heard 10% used as a rule of thumb, so $8,000 assuming there are more buyers for the name. Are you not comfortable listing the name here?
 
YTD $80,000 sales.

If its any of these...

Looks.com $86,650 looks.net $3,000
CollectionAgency.com $85,000 .net $7500
EmployersDirect.com $85,000 EmployersDirect.net $200
WaterfrontProperty.com $80,850 WaterfrontProperty.net $4000
Airways.com $80,815 Airways.net $1000
FireplaceMantels.com $76,000 FireplaceMantels.net $300
Favorite.com $75,805 Favorite.net $5000
Scrooge.com $75,250 Scrooge.net $2500
20.com $75,000 20.com $20,000


Thats just my opinion, and it doesnt even matter if its not one of these.
 
Sorry I should have mentioned the name it is employersdirect.net
 
I suppose that the highest price in the case could come by the buyer of the .com version of this domain name.
 
I suppose that the highest price in the case could come by the buyer of the .com version of this domain name.
Yes, or a competitor :devil_smile: .
 
Are you getting any traffic?
 
Only decided to park it in the last 3 days to see what happens if anything. I also just picked up a .biz extenion of getmovies.com domain that sold for over 70,000 maybe it will work out
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom