Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Afternic is waking up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
afternic should sell the name afternic.com, and make eveyone happy. As far as I'm concerned, there is no afternic. They don't answer support, and now they send email that says "due to low traffic, we have deleted 3 of your names for sale. You may relist at any time" BUT THEY don't say what the names were. Trying to find out is like finding a needle in a crack stack.!

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by doberry
afternic should sell the name afternic.com, and make eveyone happy. As far as I'm concerned, there is no afternic. They don't answer support, and now they send email that says "due to low traffic, we have deleted 3 of your names for sale. You may relist at any time" BUT THEY don't say what the names were. Trying to find out is like finding a needle in a crack stack.!

I can't figure out how to relist the names as consignment auctions. I think they've stopped consignment auction all together!!! :mad:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by O.C.
Greg... one virtual raffle ticket isn't enough. Can you raise the limit to 2? The jackpot would double, too. :)

You mean one user can't buy more than one lottery ticket?

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr

You mean one user can't buy more than one lottery ticket?

No - one ticket per user per lottery. We should keep it that way so people do not try to buy the pot. Maybe increase the start value from 200 to 500 or maybe 1000 (i.e. like winning a free avatar).

-Bob

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, if not Afternic, not GreatDomains, not ... is there any
site you can call legitimate and/or O.K. ??

In other words what would be the best site for selling names?

options

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by O.C.

PerfectName.com... but Greg has been dangling it just out of our reach for a while now. In beta now.

I have just registered at PerfectName but besides in forum,
I can't see the way to list my name on the site.

Is it me or PN??

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by options

I have just registered at PerfectName but besides in forum,
I can't see the way to list my name on the site.

Is it me or PN??

It's PN. Buying this site slowed the development of the listing part of PN. I have 2 full time and one part time programmer working on it. I've already worn out my bull whip. :D

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Greg, what poison have you picked? PHP, ASP, or JSP? Best of luck to PerfectNames! I might list some of my names there, too.
Cheers,
Roger

O.C.

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Another Floridian. We seem to be prone to domainaholicism. What's with us? Do we just find something to do to avoid leaving our air conditioned homes?

Heat index of 90 degrees today... I guess it's better than a hundred.

proproject

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Given the temperature ;) of the DN market, I'm beginning to think the only reason I'm in it is lack of intelligence.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Afternic waking up? I think they are dying, if the urly Indicator is any indicator :) . The issues seem to have dwindled from one a week to zero a month. Maybe the fact that it took me till now to miss it is not a good sign for them either.

deist

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Afternic emailed me the other day. I received an offer from a "certified buyer" for politics.us. Since the offer was only 1K and I am currently trying to develop it, I followed the "counteroffer" link... but the system acted like I was just rejecting the offer outright. I have no way to contact the potential buyer b/c of the way the system is constructed. Sorta lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom