Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Afternic it's a worry

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anybody tried to remove their names from AN ?
or change anything.

Like delete your credit card number, change your profile.

It cant be done, try it if you dont believe me, this type of conduct is a real bummer.

:sad:

Domain summit 2024

I deleted my CC info once the forums closed, changed my account info. Didn't bother with removing the domains. Who cares....

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can delete your cc no problem.

But I agree, deleting your names is not possible. This speaks of great desperation on behalf of Afternic.

If they have to die, do it honorably. And not like a whimpering coward.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So should I not sign up for it and spend the 50 bucks? I haven't really seen any other good alterantives that are as easy to navigate or find domains on.

I've noticed that a lot of the initial starting bids are met but then no one else bids on the domain AT ALL. Why does this happen? I know they do not allow you to bid on your own domain but how can they really monitor that if you have put in a buddy's info and bid on your own domain. I mean it's in their best interest to have the domains sold.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I will sell you a membership for $25 HaHa and they wont have a clue who you are, they wont care either for that matter.

J/K about the $25.

But $20 profit is enticing, do they realy charge $49 to join now.

:)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy,

I wouldn't be surprised if Register.com is looking to sell off Afternic for whatever left its worth.

The virtual domain broker thing now sounds like a broken record. And most of the "bids" look suspiciously like shills.

Register if you like, because I do agree that the Afternic search engine is very good.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy.

If your signing up to sell at AN thats one thing, but if your signing up to buy.

Your crazy.

Better take a look at .. AN .. sux.com

:)

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had no idea Register.com was even involved with Afternic. I'd only be signing up to sell like 98 percent of the other people ,which is why no one is selling domains. The other 2 percent of people are probably just speculators or fake bidders.

What are some actual/real domain names you have sold. And how much did you receive for selling them. Did you use an auction or contact people directly?

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may try to conduct an auction of your names on Afternic, but if your payment gets screwed, don't say nobody warned you :D

I find that the homepage of your name is the best place to start real selling. Use the auction and other free listing sites to get exposure that the name is available for sale.

Make it a nice and inspiring homepage. Give a few examples of how the site can be used. Tell them your expected price so that the prospective buyer can sense you are sincere and not going to be ridiculous about the price.

A "contact us with no obligations" is a nice touch.

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was glad to find this post as now i'm sure it's not just me this is happening to!

I have been trying to delete my names and my membership etc and cannot do it!

Everytime I click on the name link it takes me to a page that talks about member's valuation models!

To top it all off, Afternic has cost me a sale of one of my names and I cannot get any response from them when I email them! They are absolutely hopeless and if I could just get my names out of there, i'd never return.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
debath,

You could try filing a complaint at

http://www.bbb.org/

While you can't delete your membership, you can still delete all your credit card details :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ahh, the pretty voice from down under DK's board is here.

welcome :cool:

debath

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hehe :),

Thank you Mole for your lovely welcome. Also, thanks for the link to file a complaint. I will endeavour to delete my card details from there (if they haven't closed that off too!) :).

Take it easy,

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators