Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Afternic's new fee schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was busy updating my listings at Afternic tonight and decided to pull down their fee schedule. What a surprise! Here I was reducing domains to $99. Yet the buyer would now have to pay $100 minimum to transfer them, more than the purchase price. (Luckily I paid my five bucks or whatever to become an exchange member two years ago because that's now $49. Talking about inflation!)

Also, has anyone tried to remove a domain from his portfolio lately? I can't seem to do it, even following the directions. I can remove from auction, but not out of my portfolio. The reason I want to do that is relatively minor-- wanted to change the way it appears in my showcase. Example: ClintonPardons.com change to clintonpardons.com, so the showcase looks better (not having most domains all lowercase and a few mixed upper and lower). Another possible reason would be if I sold the domain privately :cool:

Warren
(namedancer)
http://www.namedance.com

Domain summit 2024

wow $100 min to trf domains is crazy considering the average sales value at an.

Escrow.com has also upped its rates, especially if the buyer wishes to pay by credit card - I guess its a trend.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by namedancer

Also, has anyone tried to remove a domain from his portfolio lately? I can't seem to do it, even following the directions. I can remove from auction, but not out of my portfolio. The reason I want to do that is relatively minor-- wanted to change the way it appears in my showcase. Example: ClintonPardons.com change to clintonpardons.com, so the showcase looks better (not having most domains all lowercase and a few mixed upper and lower). Another possible reason would be if I sold the domain privately :cool:

Warren
(namedancer)
http://www.namedance.com

Yes I can`t also removwe my domains from portfolio!

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Geez $49 to become a member .. WOW.

Try to change your profile and see how you go .. no chance.

Delete your names cant be done, they are in the data base forever.

:)

Its almost like afternic are desperate to retain some metric that register.com investors can be fooled with about the sites usefulness.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Damn

I wonder if i can delete my CC Number.

Oh boy i hope that that one has exprired, this could be pro-rata and a charge of a Yearly fee, who knows.

I only use the place as a store room to remind me of my mistakes, i wonder how a dropped name can be deleted for a new owner to list it.

Thats food for thought.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
:D@Car "I only use the place as a store room to remind me of my mistakes.."
Me too.
And now they charge $49 for becoming an exchange member?!
For what now that the boards and chatroom have gone? What would be the advantages now for becoming an exchange member?!
Btw - i think part of AN's failure to provide a REAL platform for seller and ENDUSER is the out of date potential-buyer-has-to-become-a-member-first model.If you don't make it easy for potential buyers - you'll loose.

namedancer

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Wow Car I just checked and I can't even update my interview questions. It just comes up with a message "This feature is unavailable in Afternic Version 2.0". My "favorite registrars" needs updating-- one is listed with outdated name and price, and another question is now wrong.

At this rate, I dread the release of Afternic version 3.0!

And I've got a name now I guess I can't list because the previous owner still has it up. I read at the site that email support is now only available for closings ("Afternic only offers support for members involved in a Closing(s). If you have issues other than this, please read our comprehensive FAQ areas on the left hand navigation bar"). so I guess that's that.

Hmmm, not sure they can legally just wash their hands of support if you've paid a fee for a service and there is a problem with it.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Question ;-

Afternic has my credit card details and I am an exchange member. Can I expect charges soon to my cc?

Frustration ;-

I just acquired two names via Snapback and these are currently listed for bid by the previous owner. Dang this Afternic thing.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
three words: Register sucks harder

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good advise.

Abandon ship, all spineless rats!!! :eek:

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
timechange was thinking ahead of the rest.

Nice move.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just removed my CC info at AN 2 sec. ago as well.Should have done that earlier,thanx for reminding me.:)

49 bucks , wow :eek:
Can I resell my afternic membership for 20 bucks? But who want it anyway even though it is a nice 3 letter nick. :D

Goh
I no nuffin.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm...

A 3 letter name for $20 .. would you take 10 bucks ... HUH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators