Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

An important message from Snapnames

Will you use Snapnames, Moniker or any other Oversee company again?

• Yes

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ydnaemsti

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
@shit and others getting upset.

What the company is saying now and what the company knows are 2 different things. Their line of defense is to save the company and blow up the guy (even though they are the same thing I speculate). That way the company will be around making money to pay his legal fees.

What is important in all this is not to complain and ask "how they did not know this", but to organize and try to get the money back. I propose we do not take the refund and go for the kill.

Domain Summit 2024

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all the bs to the side, i hope that OVERSEE.NET can sort this out and get back to biz... they did admit to it and decided to take action, finally... yes, a bit too late but "better late than never"

they have had some really bad luck as of late.... paying a ton of money for snapnames, and then losing the network solutions exclusive contract... then they lose out on the traffic conferences live auctions presence, and now this huge scandal...

also skenzo has been kicking their ass in the monetization / parking dept as well past few years...

ouch :(

i will say a prayer for em tonight, and u should too

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait a second.

I just realized, I was in like 15 auctions he was in where me and him were the only ones, and he didn't bid.

But if he wouldn't be in those auctions, and I wouldn't get accustomed to the fact that he is in like every auction, then I wouldn't backorder and just register for $7. They owe me like ($69*15)-($7*15) = a bit under $1k. Not to mention all the time and hassle.

I'm getting this money back one way or another.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
all the bs to the side, i hope that OVERSEE.NET can sort this out and get back to biz... they did admit to it and decided to take action, finally... yes, a bit too late but "better late than never"

they have had some really bad luck as of late.... paying a ton of money for snapnames, and then losing the network solutions exclusive contract... then they lose out on the traffic conferences live auctions presence, and now this huge scandal...

also skenzo has been kicking their ass in the monetization / parking dept as well past few years...

ouch :(

i will say a prayer for em tonight, and u should too

Mike, got some friends at Oversee?

It's over for SnapNames. No one will ever have confidence in them again. Anyone with a brain won't have any confidence in any of the services now that the clue train has arrived.

I'm not gonna get sued, but amongst the big boys it was pretty common knowledge that they were being shilled up. Most just said "well this is how much I was willing to pay for the domain". Simple.

But what you're watching is the complete cratering of name auctions. Make no mistake.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know who's account "Regularnames" belongs to?

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think everyone who paid for the purchase of a domain name, should join and make one heck of a class action lawsuit!

Crown

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wait a second.

I'm getting this money back one way or another.

Bet ya $1000 DNF you dont get that difference you listed above back. I totally hope and wish you do! But I believe I was one of the ones burned by TDNAM and I didnt even get back a "sorry".

He wont go to prison, snapnames wont be dishing out the $69 vs $7 differences, and there wont be a class action. I very much wish all the above happened... but history has shown it wont. :(

Meridian66

- x ɐ l ǝ ɹ -
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This could be used to paint the industry as a bunch of lawless rogues, further strengthening the position of those who go after domainers in the courts.

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure next is DomainSponsor for robbing traffic and potential income from the poor domain owners.. :-(

Snapnames.com...The best place to buy aftermarket domains!.. and to be Royally Fooled!!!

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure there is going to be a lawsuit. Look at this guys & girls:

halvarez.gif

Registrant:

Domainqueue
Domain Admin ([email protected])
2346 NW Clarion Suite 303
New City
NY,10956
US
Tel. +1.8456398437

Domain Registered..... 20-Aug-2009
Expires............... 20-Aug-2010
Security Status....... ACTIVE

Domain Servers in listed order:
ns1.dnredirect.com
ns2.dnredirect.com

Last edited:

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They only fired him last monday give them time to delete his halvarez account lmao

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This could be used to paint the industry as a bunch of lawless rogues, further strengthening the position of those who go after domainers in the courts.
The buying and selling of domains is a Billion dollar industry with NO oversight and not regulated and no body of enforcement.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am sure next is DomainSponsor for robbing traffic and potential income from the poor domain owners.. :-(

I have to say I always felt we are being robbed :disappointed:

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The guy halvarez on the pictures looks like a pedophile lol.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I learned early on that halvarez didn't chase low-end uncontested drops. Bummer some domainers didn't know that. The decent ones are usually available for hand-regging for a couple of hours or so. I bet a lot more people will be taking their chances at $8 over $60 now.

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Appears this should have been infoman's at $300.

A nearly 1400% profit for SnapNames that they feel a 5% fee is appropriate.

I was bidding that day too. I saw infoman, then I refreshed next thing I knew it was $4k+.

Hey it could've been mine too, I'd bid realistically for that domain. Or somebody else's. Once I saw 4k, I was discouraged. They still own it, so maybe it is time for them to give to us those domains for free, especially those were it was only the bidder and halvarez, which is like 15 domains for me.

Hell, for $300, I WANT that domain NOW. That's a great deal for $300. Not when it was 4k, and poor infoman still bidding at 4k. Geez. Imagine all those where the bidder actually won against halvarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com