Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

An important message from Snapnames

Will you use Snapnames, Moniker or any other Oversee company again?

• Yes

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Oversee filed a police report? And has anyone contacted the District Attorny's office?.

I want to see criminal charges brought against this creep.

As for the poll above.... I'm simply amazed to see that nearly half of members here voted not to use Snapnames, If you really want a domain, (and we all do) you will use every resource you can to get it... Members are obviously NOT being honest with themselves.

I received my check a couple of weeks ago...

Mine is in the mail... I plan to donate it. :yes:

Last edited:

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Oversee filed a police report? And has anyone contacted the District Attorny's office?.

As for the poll above.... I'm simply amazed to see that nearly half of members here voted not to use Snapnames, If you really want a domain, (and we all do) you will use every resource you can to get it... Members are obviously NOT being honest with themselves.

** Does anyone know if Oversee filed a police report? And has anyone contacted the District Attorny's office?. I want to see criminal charges brought against this creep. **

It's as good as over .. no more skeletons are coming out of the closet ...

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Its amazing how quickly people stop caring. I predicted that nothing would come from it and that nelson of course would not be charged/serve time.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised so many people have filed for their checks. I thought that waiting to let this case play out (& see whether there would be lawsuits to join) was a more popular option.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Plan A: Let the story fade...(and it's working like a charm)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I believe there are 2 lawsuits pending. Let's how they pan out.

I'm not satisfied at all, but unless you've spent a lot in the auctions there is little benefit in suing...

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I believe there are 2 lawsuits pending. Let's how they pan out.

I'm not satisfied at all, but unless you've spent a lot in the auctions there is little benefit in suing...

I'm not referring to law suits but rather Justice. What Nelson did was a criminal act, punishable by law. Even if Snapnames failed to press charges, the District attorney's office in Portland Oregon should.

I plan on sending a letter to the DA's office this week.

On another note; I did receive my rebate check... Thank you Snapnames. :)

NameGuy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They didn't even offer me a check until I called them on it and made them look at my account.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can keep their check, I want the truth out :)

mj360

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is happening in this Snapname case???? anywhere we can get updates???

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://domainnamewire.com/2010/02/27/snapnames-class-action-lawsuit-dismissed/

A crazy lawsuit but it did bring out a valuable point..."The lawsuit hit a major roadblock when the judge questioned the dollar amount in question in the suit. In order to be certified as a class action, at least $5 million in damages must have occurred. As it turned out, U.S. customers lost less than $1 million in direct over bids thanks to the employee bidding."

so recap: you can steal just keep it under 5million in damages... man oh man you should be very proud of your handling of this whole case Snapnames...either you covering your butts nice or you helped someone/your trusted high ranking employee who ripped off many of your top clients get away with a long running crime. either way Congrats!!!

*Why not press charges? and show your clients how much you are going to protect them and the right to a fair bidding platform. I can think of a few reasons why Snapnames or Oversee didn't charge him ...and they are not good.

Oh well i guess its a template for the next one. One of he biggest scams over a longtime frame (numlber of years) and through a so called trusted company...and its going to fade away...

fading fading fading....

gone???

dvdrip

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One thing is gone. Customers.
I haven't bought a single domain at snapnames since this issue. And will never buy again.
Oh well i guess its a template for the next one. One of he biggest scams over a longtime frame (numlber of years) and through a so called trusted company...and its going to fade away...

fading fading fading....

gone???

ezguy

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hey how did you get those smilies is it on dnforum ? i love them

centurion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess crime does pay, this thread is dying quicker than an .asia appraisal thread. Speaking of slime balls, what ever happened to the registerfly gay scammer ? I'm guessing nothing .

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
  1. Nothing
  2. Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators