Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

An important message from Snapnames

Will you use Snapnames, Moniker or any other Oversee company again?

• Yes

Votes: 83 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 72 46.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I gather that you haven't read the thread.

Snap Oversee is leaving it to customers to take action. That means customers are going to help customers locate and go after Brady.

If they didn't want this, they would have gotten involved on behalf of the CUSTOMERS, instead of hiding under their desks as they have done since October.

We also need to locate and post the home addresses of the other Snap exec so they can be served as well.

Agreed

Domain Summit 2024

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Snap Oversee is leaving it to customers to take action. That means customers are going to help customers locate and go after Brady.

If they didn't want this, they would have gotten involved on behalf of the CUSTOMERS, instead of hiding under their desks as they have done since October.

We also need to locate and post the home addresses of the other Snap exec so they can be served as well.

umm... no, I've read every word of this thread and just about every other thread on other venues on this subject.

Think about this... under the law, the COMPANY is responsible for the FRAUD. Therefor, the Feds, FBI, AG, whomever are going to have to go in and raid the COMPANY to root out ALL the responsible parties.

So you file complaints against the COMPANY, not the individual the company has chosen to "offer" you as the one/only/lone/sole responsible party.

That is the ONLY way that ALL the crooks will get caught.

Doesn't mean that Nelson is innocent, not by a long shot - he's in this up to his neck. What it does mean is that his cohorts in crime will be outed this way too.

Ask yourself WHY they are all hiding under their desks....

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
umm... no, I've read every word of this thread and just about every other thread on other venues on this subject.

Think about this... under the law, the COMPANY is responsible for the FRAUD. Therefor, the Feds, FBI, AG, whomever are going to have to go in and raid the COMPANY to root out ALL the responsible parties.

So you file complaints against the COMPANY, not the individual the company has chosen to "offer" you as the one/only/lone/sole responsible party.

Doesn't mean that Nelson is innocent, not by a long shot - he's in this up to his neck. What it does mean is that his cohorts in crime will be outed this way too.

Let me repeat myself to you! Arrest of the idiot will result in more damage!

ONE GUY = RAT = Arrest Warrants

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Your contract was with SnapNames (The Company) not Nelson Brady (The Employee).

If everyone keeps going on about calling the authorities in on BRADY and not the COMPANY, all that does is reinforce the story that both Snap and Oversee is trying to sell the public on - Nelson acted alone and was the only responsible party.

Fine if you believe that I guess. Me... I smell more rats in that sewer.

look... the first guy the Feds would put into the hot seat is Nelson... and unless they do, the rest skip off free... but to make that happen, the COMPANY has to get the heat. They'll grab Nelson right quick, don't kid yourself.

Cartoonz

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, well you figure out how you are personally going to get him prosecuted without sicking the authorities on the company that you had the contract with.

Obviously, you watch too much TV. In the real world, the way to get that employee to roll over onto the rest of the company is to sick the dogs on the Company itself. Actually, you really have no choice if you want to get the law involved... you have no direct contract with the employee, yet you do with the company. Read that over as many times as it takes...

Example: The angry employee at the Tylenol factory puts poison in a bunch of Tylenol...
Who takes responsibility? Who do the Feds investigate? Yup, the COMPANY. Sure, they arrest the nutter that actually did it, but they also scrutinize the company and make them put all sorts of mandated new safeguards in place too...

Same thing will happen here and I'll bet you more execs end up in hot water as well. Don't you want ALL the dirt cleaned, or just the one spot they are pointing you to?

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

All of these are questions for a judge/jury to decide, not us.

Snapnames/Oversee have been given ample opportunity - YEARS - to get it right. They have failed, essentially telling customers to f***-off.

They can now answer questions in court, on the records, and under penalty of perjury, as well as having news organizations and cameramen show up at their home.

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ok, well you figure out how you are personally going to get him prosecuted without sicking the authorities on the company that you had the contract with.

Obviously, you watch too much TV. In the real world, the way to get that employee to roll over onto the rest of the company is to sick the dogs on the Company itself. Actually, you really have no choice if you want to get the law involved... you have no direct contract with the employee, yet you do with the company. Read that over as many times as it takes...

Example: The angry employee at the Tylenol factory puts poison in a bunch of Tylenol...
Who takes responsibility? Who do the Feds investigate? Yup, the COMPANY. Sure, they arrest the nutter that actually did it, but they also scrutinize the company and make them put all sorts of mandated new safeguards in place too...

Same thing will happen here and I'll bet you more execs end up in hot water as well. Don't you want ALL the dirt cleaned, or just the one spot they are pointing you to?

See it's individuals like you who only TALK BULL $HIT - TALK IS CHEAP MR.Cartoon

If you were a team player like the rest of us who have filed complaints, you would know the Police Agencies also request information on the company as well.

You make me sick, your a FAKE. Making a big fuss in these threads about something we already done!

What are you doing? Honestly, other then shit disturbing us with your silly comments... What have you done? Have you filed one single complaint? Maybe your not a victim of this crime, but you can still file a complaint and link your local/federal police to these threads...

Go fetch yourself a stick and use it to spank yourself for being silly among Elite Domainers!

Last edited:

mjnels

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why do you always post retarded pictures in every thread?

gingeman

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
he's an 'elite' domainer....

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[B said:
JuniperPark[/B]]

This reminds me of the Ultimate Bet cheating scandal, where nothing was done until the players realized something fishy was going on. At first, UB denied everything, then after the palyers released some names, UB came back and said that a few accounts cheated. And only when the players released even MORE names, did UB take this seriously and brought in auditors and issued refunds and such.

Totally sucks when the victims have to do the leg work

For more info on the UB scandal, just do a Google search for "
ultimate bet cheating scandal"

Good read and it may ended up being similar stories.

Good luck to all those affected

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is part of the fallout of having a company that doesn't give a shit about its customers. I just got a stupid Moniker/SnapNames spam without a trace of irony dust enclosed, and yet the company can't actually explain to its users whether there is prosecutions on the way, or what the status of any of this is. So customers start attacking each other in the void in threads like these.

It's amazing that the supposed journalists in this domain space can't get any of the principals on the phone to clear up some of the questions about who's being charged and so forth. Maybe Duke could push away from the Traffic buffet to actually do some investigations for a change. It's amazing that Nelson actually spoke to someone, and yet no one has followed up on the cryptic comments.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows...
They know we know...
We know they know...
and they know we know they know.

:)

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for any email whatsoever from Snapnames about my closed accounts. I have emailed them 3 times and talked to Oversee employee on this forum. Still nothing.

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows...
They know we know...
We know they know...
and they know we know they know.:)

Precisely.

Typically, when someone, or some organisation, runs into trouble, their lawyer will always advise them to say nothing - to anyone.

This is because anything that they do say, may be later used against them, if there is a law suit, or legal charges.

So, don't expect anyone from Snap, Moniker, or Oversee, to say anything.

Expect more of the same....Silence....and business as usual (Snapnames to continue running auctions, Moniker continuing to do Moniker things etc etc)....until either it all blows over - Or, Oversee/Snap gets nailed, and/or goes down.

Brady will only answer to legal charges if Oversee/Snap (as his employer) - or, someone else - provides evidence to law enforcement Agencies of his fraud - and, IF those Agencies then investigate, and decide there is enough evidence to charge him.

Oversee/Snap will only answer to legal charges if someone provides evidence to Agencies that Oversee/Snap were either party to the fraud, or, knew of it, but did not move to stop it quickly....and, IF those Agencies investigate, and decide there is enough evidence to charge them.

None of this happens quickly, if at all...

Like the man said:

'...they know we know they know...'

You can bet your sweet bippy that Brady, Oversee/Snap et al, are praying angry folks out there will soon get bored, and move on.....And, it all goes away...

Last edited:

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Precisely.

Typically, when someone, or some organisation, runs into trouble, their lawyer will always advise them to say nothing - to anyone.

This is because anything that they do say, may be later used against them, if there is a law suit, or legal charges.

So, don't expect anyone from Snap, Moniker, or Oversee, to say anything.

Actually, this is what they want you to think. In fact, they can appear in public, whether through the media or a video statement on their website, in which they can satisfy at least some of the questions without exposing themselves legally, like "yes, law enforcement is involved, no we're not pursuing charges against Nelson," ...etc etc. Companies in far worse scandals do this all the time.

If indeed Nelson did acted alone, why would the company not want to prove to their customers through an independent party that this was the case? If I was Oversee's top guy, I would tape a video basically answering the most pressing questions, all carefully cleared by the lawyer and damage team. There's absolutely no reason why he can't do that, and it would make a big difference.

I suspect the reason they're not doing it is because as Nelson pointed out, "there's more to the story" and because it doesn't matter whether he acted alone or not insofar as the company looks completely guilty in not knowing who their most "profitable" bidder was all these years while domainers screamed loudly. Every angle makes this story a bomb exploding in every direction.

Silence does not mean "we can't talk for legal reasons" as much as it means "the more you know, the more you'll want to know". Silence speaks indeed.

DTalk

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suspect the reason they're not doing it is because as Nelson pointed out, "there's more to the story" ...

Silence does not mean "we can't talk for legal reasons" as much as it means "the more you know, the more you'll want to know". Silence speaks indeed.

Good points, FDF...

Tenkk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about the comments made earlier about kevin ham frank schiling and buydomains being involved in this shill bidding.. Someone theorized They were overpaying for the domains, but later got rebates back from snapnames, so they were able to keep the sales revenue high.. They are definitely the type of people that would cut deals like that. Would there be any truth in this?

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i was thinking about the comments made earlier about kevin ham frank schiling and buydomains being involved in this shill bidding.. Someone theorized They were overpaying for the domains, but later got rebates back from snapnames, so they were able to keep the sales revenue high.. They are definitely the type of people that would cut deals like that. Would there be any truth in this?

Absurd. 100% absurd. That kind of nonsense degrades the conversation, and would only be theorized by people very low on the domain totem pole where paranoia substitutes for access.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is part of the fallout of having a company that doesn't give a shit about its customers. I just got a stupid Moniker/SnapNames spam without a trace of irony dust enclosed, and yet the company can't actually explain to its users whether there is prosecutions on the way, or what the status of any of this is. So customers start attacking each other in the void in threads like these.

It's amazing that the supposed journalists in this domain space can't get any of the principals on the phone to clear up some of the questions about who's being charged and so forth. Maybe Duke could push away from the Traffic buffet to actually do some investigations for a change. It's amazing that Nelson actually spoke to someone, and yet no one has followed up on the cryptic comments.

nobody gonna bite the hand that feeds you... oversee is the biggest company in the space and this isn't the first thing that they have gotten away with over the years, as there has always been a huge conflict of interest, also won't be the last... round and round we go, but only got ourselves to blame

guys like yourself and rick schwartz are finally voicing their opinions, and in a country where there is this great thing called free speech... why the hell not? its too bad oversee doesnt care too much and brushes it off... yea, its no biggie... they will forget.... blah blah :blush:

at least it helps get some frustration out.... if it wasnt for dnf and other uncensored blogs / forums, people would be bangin and breaking walls with their heads, i have a feeling :undecided:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom