Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

An older scam but this is a DOMAINER BEWARE!

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have heard of these scams before, but I wasted the guy's time on purpose after I realized that I had dropped the domain name about 2 years ago and here he was ready to buy it for 10K... The guy was wanting me to go to digirock.org and get a 'certificate' that he is selling to be able to then buy my domain name, and remember this is not a name I or anyone even has registered at this point. He wants you to go there and buy his worthless certificate, and then ... you lose money. Don't fall for it.

btci24.png

https://docs.google.com/document/d/14cmpxT3p_HdGOCuyhpWhXReVF3JWi1Aohy-xZjXBw04/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

Castion

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Old indeed; been in the industry for longer than I have for sure. Sad this still works.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Resurfaces every couple of years hoping to fool the newer domainers. Still good to bring awareness to it whenever it shows it’s sneaky face.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The phone number doesn't even make sense for Japan, but the register looks legit, which is probably only noticeable here (Quicca).

You would have to remove the country code (81) and add a 0 to the front. Then, it'd be area code 045 for Yokohama. Except landlines have 7 digits after the area code (unless the area code is 2 digits, then it'd be followed by 8 numbers), except toll-free which is a 4 digit "area code" of 0120 followed by 6 numbers. Cell phones are the only numbers that have a 3 digit "area code" (which doesn't represent a specific geographical area) and 8 digits in length.

The first thing that stuck out to me. :p

...at least try and get a Skype/VoIP 050 number, make up a 0120/050 number, steal the actual Quicca number that is listed on the company's information (Mfro Inc.), or at the very least know the area code for in which you supposedly work (Tokyo, 03X-XXXX-XXXX) and borrow the hardest to pronounce name on the list of public figures (probably one of the executive officers as you'll butcher the R and it'll take a while for them to get him)...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators