Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

any experience with (e-mail from) faster.net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I just received email which arrived in my "bulk mail" folder at Yahoo (i.e. sent to a bunch of people at once) mentioning interest in a .info domain name I own and sending me to the site www.faster.net if I wanted to offer it to them for sale.

At the bottom of the page it says, "Please note: When you submit your asking price we must inform you that we may not be able to meet your initital bid. We will however make efforts to keep you informed of any products, information and services that we feel may be of interest to you as a domain maintainer. If we do agree your asking price we will confirm our acceptance via email within 7 days. All domain purchases are handled on an escrow basis at http://www.afternic.com"

Is this legit, or some kind of spam trap? Or perhaps a little of both?

Domain summit 2024

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If afternic is involved stay as far away as possible.

domainduck

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was contacted by these guyz last month. They sent me to the same location - www.faster.net, and wanted to know if I would sell a domain name that I had registered [ but let expire ]. If they had checked the WhoIs, they would have seen it available for registration, yet they wanted to buy it from me? DOH!

UK - all connected
DomPro.com, Faster.net, TheHubbardGroup.com

Hmmmmm. smells like fish.

BTW - I don't think they are 'legally' connected with Afternic.com [prolly members ] other than adding credibility to their 'quote' page.

quack :D

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Have any of you ever received an e-mail like this or had experience with this site? May be fine, but a couple things about it (including google search results) made me want to ask here first. I blanked out domain name and person's name. Thanks.

------------------------------------------------

Good day,

We have an interest in purchasing your domain #####.###. We are always interested in acquiring new domain names to add to our significant portfolio. If you are interested in selling please visit our website below and enter your asking price.

http://www.faster.net

Best Regards,

####### # #######
Domain Acquisitions Dept.
Dompro Inc.
acquisitions@faster.net

sounds like spam to me, the site states,

"Please note: When you submit your asking price we must inform you that we may not be able to meet your initital bid. We will however make efforts to keep you informed of any products, information and services that we feel may be of interest to you as a domain maintainer."

yeah, that sure does sound like a way to get an opt in list populated.

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DomeBase - that's the same email I received.

And like Snoopy said, it sounds like it could be a setup for future spam because of what the site says. Polite of them to let you know you'll be spammed, I suppose....

its a legal requirement for europe (or will be soon) to tell people how their email will be used.

dotsofdomains

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
furgetaboutem. luzerz4sure.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry all you guys, that was my company. The sales guy involved took it upon himself to spam a large block of old whois records, and he got fired for it. Can you imagine the grief we had for that? Sorry again.

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks like it was an issue forgotten about 7 months now.

-WC-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators