Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Any help would be appreciated for my domain name choices

Reaction score
Hi guys I just wanted to know what your opinions were on on 'hashtag' domains such as hashtagcar.com, in other words hashtag word before anything. I have purchased a couple and the go daddy valuations are approx $1200, I've read in many places that these valuation tools are not to be taken for face value, I'm seeing them listed on go daddy auctions at crazy prices like $30,000 but all without bids. I also read somewhere that hashtag.org recently sold for $20,000. ( but please Don hold me to that, hands ✋ if I'm wrong). I also struggle to find the better endings left with hashtag and alternative seem to have been purchased. As I said I have a good few of these now and not sure what to do. I'm happy to sell but have never sold any domains EVER!!!! Just seem to be frozen at the mo and want to be realistic with my price and expectations, your responses, advice and just any general help Is very much appreciated. I can see my domaining being a one way 'buy only' non profit making large portfolio If I don't get to grips quick enough,

Thanks

Domain summit 2024
Reaction score
##1... Hastag --> [car/] ----> But, nobody's paying for what you see as a literal joke,. SAD ##2... Reality ---> Noticed car[-dot-]xyz has not even got $1k as opening bid. And, that's bitterly sad .##3... In few years, your sense of being "proust" about / will make more advertisement for /'s version, and not yours. IMHO, dump...,

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

hashtagword names have no reseller value

and don't use appraisal tools as basis to register domains

imo...

Glycerine

Level 1
Reaction score
Some key thoughts:
It doesn't matter if you like the name, what matters is if enough potential buyers will like it.
It's kind of a crapshoot, some weird things sell, some good or great names take 10 years. It's not a quick profit venture by any stretch. Don't use capital you'll need in next 5 years. If you can't afford auctions you better have the time for several hours a day of combing scrap heap. Hope this helps.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators