Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Any knows why eNOM is growing so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by safesys
enom is growing fast because they are very proactive.

they approach people controlling large domain holdings direct and offer them very sweet offers (like $6.95 reges).

their api is also easy to integrate into reseller sites and their site has good tools including registrar lock.

but thats just the financial/technical side - ethics might be a very different thing and the above is definately NOT a recommendation, just an observation.

Safesys is correct. We moved a large amount (hundreds) of domains their way after being approached by their Business Development dept. We have used most of the larger registrars and find Enom to offer competitive pricing, great customer service and one of the best control panels in the industry. The new PDQ system seems to be a quick and easy way to become a domain name reseller.

Dotster also offers a great reseller interface as it allows a highly customizable website built around their backend for reselling domains.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Domain

Safesys is correct. We moved a large amount (hundreds) of domains their way after being approached by their Business Development dept. We have used most of the larger registrars and find Enom to offer competitive pricing, great customer service and one of the best control panels in the industry. The new PDQ system seems to be a quick and easy way to become a domain name reseller.

Dotster also offers a great reseller interface as it allows a highly customizable website built around their backend for reselling domains.

But your domain was a doster domain. It charges $12.00 at cost. It will be difficult to sell domain at 14.95 when most reseller were selling from $7.95 right!

PrimeDNR

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thewitt This is one of the better Zone file analysis reports. There are still some flaws with this approach at analyzing the domain market. This misses domains on hold at the registry, and does not take into account expired but not dropped domains that are still in zone files.https://www.sotd.info/sotd/Default.aspx?sub=0&selection=0-t

I am also thinking about becoming an Enom reseller. I am now an Opensrs reseller but domain sales are slow as I have to charge so much more than enom. I am paying $10 wholesale which is more than the enom retail price via their resellers!

If I moved to Enom I would also save several thousand dollars a yr in my own domain renewal fees! That's more money than my profits as an OpensSRS reseller, which is amazing but true.

Was wondering if TheWitt or others know any advantages staying with OpenSRS what with their higher prices. Plus, refusal to allow bulk domain locking (only can be done 1 at a time they tell me) and also not allowing bulk .US transfers (again 1 at a time only)? They will also not offer any help installing their often released new versions, forcing me to hire an expensive programmer when I need to upgrade.

Please give your opinion re staying an OpenSRS ASP Reseller or simply moving to Enom. Thanks.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PrimeDNR

But your domain was a doster domain. It charges $12.00 at cost. It will be difficult to sell domain at 14.95 when most reseller were selling from $7.95 right!

PrimeDNR

You can get much better than $12.00 cost at Dotster with a larger volume of registrations though.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

I am also thinking about becoming an Enom reseller. I am now an Opensrs reseller but domain sales are slow as I have to charge so much more than enom. I am paying $10 wholesale which is more than the enom retail price via their resellers!

If I moved to Enom I would also save several thousand dollars a yr in my own domain renewal fees! That's more money than my profits as an OpensSRS reseller, which is amazing but true.

Was wondering if TheWitt or others know any advantages staying with OpenSRS what with their higher prices. Plus, refusal to allow bulk domain locking (only can be done 1 at a time they tell me) and also not allowing bulk .US transfers (again 1 at a time only)? They will also not offer any help installing their often released new versions, forcing me to hire an expensive programmer when I need to upgrade.

Please give your opinion re staying an OpenSRS ASP Reseller or simply moving to Enom. Thanks.

Dear Realname

Opensrs was know as better quality because to be its reseller you need more programming technique and more funds at least.

To be a eNom reseller, you can programme it too. Come and have a look at http://www.enom.com/resellers/InterfaceInfo.asp

I hope you can see it and decide it yourself. Because you know more about yourself right!

Best regards,

PrimeDNR.com

A

amr

Realnname

If you want be enom reseller I can set you up free at price $7.95. I can also set you up at $7.25 or $6.95 but in that case there will be setup fee.

AMR

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PrimeDNR Dear Realname
Opensrs was know as better quality because to be its reseller you need more programming technique and more funds at least.
To be a eNom reseller, you can programme it too. Come and have a look at http://www.enom.com/resellers/InterfaceInfo.aspI hope you can see it and decide it yourself. Because you know more about yourself right!Best regards,PrimeDNR.com

Thanks for the feedback and link, much appreciated.

Perhaps theWitt could also answer my prior email if he thinks it is worthwhile switching from OpenSRS to Enum? I know -t is expert on these issues and his reply would be valuable.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
eNom are spammers. And if you support spammers, spam wil continue to choke the lifeblood out of the Internet.

H

hosting3.com

register.com is losing domains rather quickly..the same is for netsol

H

hosting3.com

Originally posted by RealNames

#1. You and your clients will be not spammed with special offers. Enom has been caught doing that before. They approach medium amount domain owners to switch to them offering nice deals (spam again). Didn't heard they are doing it lately
#2. Enom customer service is BAD. I mean it. OpenSRS support is sometimes slow, but you get a reply in a day or two. With Enom, you can sometimes forget it :(
#3. Enom site is sometimes slow a bit..
#4. I like Enom's API more than OpenSRS. It's more friendly and easier to code and it's not that heavily dependent on PERL libraries/modules, plus doesn't require high skill in coding (plus, you can do API in php/c/java etc, but with opensrs I believe you are limited to their perl open-source version (I heard there are another freewares as well)).

Well, but price matters.... I think.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom support is semi bad. Once I had problem that email support couldn't solve. I called. I couldn't get a live person, So I kept entering extentions until I happen to get the CEO. He took care of the problem.

Opensrs is great, but they charge $10. An extra $7,000/year I would have to pay to stick with them. Not worth it. Stargate support is much worse than Enom. If you have a name with NSI, You should be shot.

Enom is the lesser of 100 evils. I'm sticking with them for now.

PrimeDNR

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hosting3.com

#1. You and your clients will be not spammed with special offers. Enom has been caught doing that before. They approach medium amount domain owners to switch to them offering nice deals (spam again). Didn't heard they are doing it lately
#2. Enom customer service is BAD. I mean it. OpenSRS support is sometimes slow, but you get a reply in a day or two. With Enom, you can sometimes forget it :(
#3. Enom site is sometimes slow a bit..
#4. I like Enom's API more than OpenSRS. It's more friendly and easier to code and it's not that heavily dependent on PERL libraries/modules, plus doesn't require high skill in coding (plus, you can do API in php/c/java etc, but with opensrs I believe you are limited to their perl open-source version (I heard there are another freewares as well)).
Well, but price matters.... I think.

Hosting3.com !

You are exactly right!

However, I think you've got to think, here is figures for eNom.com:

Total Domain Name Registrations (in all TLDs): 1,236,181 as of 8/23/2002 7:18:40 PM (PST). *1

Total Number of Hosts in eNom's DNS: 1,964,348 as of 8/23/2002 7:18:40 PM (PST).

Net new registrations per month for .com .net .org TLDs: 97,814. *2

Average DNS queries per day: 40 million. *2

Average emails forwarded per day: 518,000. *2

Resellers: 7,772 as of 8/23/2002 7:18:40 PM (PST). *3

Active Resellers: 3,587 as of 8/23/2002 7:18:40 PM (PST). *4

Resellers using eNom's API: 3,074 as of 8/23/2002 7:18:40 PM (PST). *5

With 3,587 resellers are active, they sold in the past 3 months. If you get accounts directly from eNom, youv've got to deposit a lot, if you got it from resellers, it may cost different.

But most member in this forum know that the lowest cost is US$6.95 and there is no difference between each reseller. If you are a talent programmer, you may earn extra but making the interface difference from eNom's default interface. Otherwise, it was very easy to be differentiated by customers who just browsing the internet to get the lowest price.

I my personal experience, it is hard to a eNom's reseller, I charge more for providing better services (prompt answer of email) but customers seem just want to seek the lowest price. So they went to 8.48, 8.75, 7.95 or 8.97 domain providers.

While you are a Opensrs resellers, every one know that the cost is higher, the skills (PC) is higher, so it cost more. Just add more free services (i.e. forwarding) it catch more clients.

eNom.com most of the time loss my questions, and they need you to trial and trial to learnt how to use their services before telling the customers how to do.

The problems is that my customers have less computer knowledge. I sometime feel hard to answer their email. I email to eNom to get help but they may loss my question, I think.

I will suggest go the enom's web page and get a feel of the API first before join as reseller.

On the other hand, if you have a lot of clients, it will be a problems to get them transfer their registrar from Opensrs to eNoms, right. Got to think about the schedule before transfer them to eNom.

This is my little ideas. They may not be all correct.

Regards

PrimeDNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators