Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Anyone going for .info LL2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:confused:

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why AMERICAR? Don't you like .info? :cool:

Yes, I'll be giving it a go. However, I cant help but think that the sunrise period is the equivalent of winning the lottery twice for Afilias & other registrars. Their lack of competence in screening during the sunrise period is now being rewarded with a second round of domain registration fees for those domains in LL2.

Had they done their job right from day one, they wouldn't be able to secure a double payment for each domain in question because there would be no LL2. They get rewarded for their incompetence. Always had that feeling about registrars, the more incompetent they are, the higher they get rewarded.

I do think it is a clever ploy by the registrars not to screen properly in the sunrise period so they can release the domains again a few months later to double the revenue. Let's not forget these .info domains were paid in full for 2 years before been taken back by Afilias.

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dot Info is to limited in it's applications for business, even though i have some i dont want any more.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, Afilias has a very bad reputation today because of what you just said.

But I guess we will all go in again to LL2, and take the same ol' shit.

Sometimes, I honestly do think that we are all looney to some degree :laugh:

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AMERICAR
Dot Info is to limited in it's applications for business, even though i have some i dont want any more.

I agree AMERICAR. .biz is a much better extension of business applications like B2B exchanges (the next generation exchanges will be huge and highly profitable -- mole's stupid predictions).

I think .info is great to use as sites optimized to pull Google in. The .info name has this special twang about it when scrolling down Google listings. Especially when it twangs a keyword.

My humble observation.

We're being flooded with requests about opening up our registration process - so I suspect there will be a fairly heavy play on this round.

Still no list of names though - I expect it now early in the week.

-t

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dot Info disapointed a lot of folks the first time round.

All that fake TM shit they let happen the first time, kinda shows what kind of stupid company afilias is.
I think lots of people just don't care as much as dot info thinks they do.

the Damage was done even though they "tried" to fix it :)

Anion

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
GOdaddy disappointed me. I applied for 23 domains and got none of them. Given the few names that appeared to be registered for m godaddy, I do not believe they submitted all applicatons.

FineE

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are some nice drops in .tv. It is two years since they started.

And .tv domains do have value. When there are registrants prepared to pay $100,000 and $500,000 a year to hold a .tv registration this puts the top .tv domains in the league of the most expensive .coms

Compare an annual payment of $500,000 to hold drugstore.tv (two years minimum) with a one time payment of $823,456 with annual fees under $35 for drugs.com. And the latter was sold during the "boom"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators