Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Anyone transfer from Network Solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows what sort of time frame it takes to transfer a domain from Network Solutions?

I requested a transfer today, I have the auth code but they have not emailed me the Transaction ID or Security Code yet...

Any ideas?

Domain Summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It takes up to 24 hours for the *gaining* registrar to initiate a transfer request. Then, NetSol will send out the email for you to accept/deny.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It takes up to 24 hours for the *gaining* registrar to initiate a transfer request. Then, NetSol will send out the email for you to accept/deny.

Thanks!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also, netsol does not send out a transaction id or security code

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also, netsol does not send out a transaction id or security code

Not sure what you mean by this? I do have an auth code from them, but on the GoDaddy transfer page it asks for the other 2 codes...

Am I missing something?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean by this? I do have an auth code from them, but on the GoDaddy transfer page it asks for the other 2 codes...

Am I missing something?

the godaddy codes will go to the email address currently listed with the netsol domain. so if you are buying, you'll have to get the seller to forward the godaddy email to you.

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A more easy way to take the domain quick is to open a free Netsol account and initial a internal transfer from the seller's account to your account (free).

Signup:
https://www.networksolutions.com/manage-it/create-login-info.jsp

Transfer within Netsol (Free):
Account Manager - Domains - Transfer Existing

Then you have the full control on the domain at Netsol, you can manage to transfer out at your convenience.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone transfer from Network Solutions? omg I think everyone has transferred from Network Solutions... :pound:

goodluck :yo:

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A more easy way to take the domain quick is to open a free Netsol account and initial a internal transfer from the seller's account to your account (free).

Signup:

Then you have the full control on the domain at Netsol, you can manage to transfer out at your convenience.

ok, this is frustrating, I have an account there, and I am transferring my own name to GoDaddy... I did not understand that transfer feature, I just assumed it was a transfer to netsol :sigh2:

Anyway, seeing as I am the account owner I am guessing I will get the codes sent to me?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok, this is frustrating, I have an account there, and I am transferring my own name to GoDaddy... I did not understand that transfer feature, I just assumed it was a transfer to netsol :sigh2:

Anyway, seeing as I am the account owner I am guessing I will get the codes sent to me?

Godaddy codes should of been sent the email address on file for the domain you are transfering withing 5-10 minutes of purchasing the transfer. Check the "pending transfer" section of your godaddy account and make sure it lists the correct email on file. If it does and you haven't recieved anything, I would call godaddy.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Godaddy codes should of been sent the email address on file for the domain you are transfering withing 5-10 minutes of purchasing the transfer. Check the "pending transfer" section of your godaddy account and make sure it lists the correct email on file. If it does and you haven't recieved anything, I would call godaddy.

Thanks...

So I am managing this domain on behalf of a client, it looks like they had private registration on because the email address in the pending transfer is not mine, it is going to a networksolutionsprivateregistration.com address...

I changed the email address in account section but now when I log in it shows the old information, not sure what is going on here....

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks...

So I am managing this domain on behalf of a client, it looks like they had private registration on because the email address in the pending transfer is not mine, it is going to a networksolutionsprivateregistration.com address...

I changed the email address in account section but now when I log in it shows the old information, not sure what is going on here....

If you took privacy off at netsol, then you should log into godaddy and in your pending transfers section, select the domain and then hit the retry transfer button (if it will let you). if you are able to select the retry transfer button, then in a couple of minutes it should show the updated email address.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you took privacy off at netsol, then you should log into godaddy and in your pending transfers section, select the domain and then hit the retry transfer button (if it will let you). if you are able to select the retry transfer button, then in a couple of minutes it should show the updated email address.

So I made sure I turned off the privacy and that my email address is the one on the account, I then re-initiated the transfer to godaddy but it still tried to send it to the private email address... is there a time lapse for the privacy settings to take effect at netsol??

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I made sure I turned off the privacy and that my email address is the one on the account, I then re-initiated the transfer to godaddy but it still tried to send it to the private email address... is there a time lapse for the privacy settings to take effect at netsol??

It could have something to do with how often the whois updates. You could trying waiting an hour or two and trying it again.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
still no changes... man this is getting frustrating.... I am not happy with netsol at all right now...

Fatbat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Signup:

If you do this, then won't you will be locked into NetSol for 60 days?

Other than that, these things can take time. I may be wrong, but if I recall correctly, Netsol is one of those registrars that holds your domain in limbo for 5 days from the transfer request as a "security measure".

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, so the whois finally shows my email address and when I re-initiated the transfer it worked! finally!

Thanks very much everyone for helping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom