Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Anyone use registerfly?

• Thread starter President Gringo
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

President Gringo

I brought some domains thought them coz i wanted to use the free web space, but i don't have a clue how i set it up. Anyone done this before?

Domain summit 2024

Yes.

#1 rule: log into your flyservers.com account using domain.tld/changeme

And change the password :D
Anyone that knows which domain you have registered with Registerfly can hijack your domain. Nice isn't it?
And yes, I have reported this to Registerfly and they have done nothing in 40 days.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Anyone that knows which domain you have registered with Registerfly can hijack your domain"
Not really.
The Registerfly.com account is seperate from the Flyserver one and so no way for you to know my RF account password.All a hijacker could do is maybe change stuff on my webspace.

P

President Gringo

anyone know the answer to my original question?

P

President Gringo

Is there a conspiricy to just ignore all my posts or something?

P

President Gringo

If you could all post one at a time that will help prevent the server from crashing :rolleyes:

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by centurion
I use registerfly for the free hosting. After you log in go to the default directory, upload your files at the upload a file section close to the bottom. If this is the main page for your hosted site, change the file name to index.htm or index.html. If you have images you need to put them in the images directory and change the html from src="whatever.gif" to src="images/whatever.gif" or they won't show up. Then go to the publish site link on the left and publish it. Flyservers doesn't support flash, but it does support php.

I'm doing the same. Only "fly" in the ointment is that you get 3 MB of space which ain't bad, but you only get 10MB of transfer. I can't find any information about what happens when you exceed the transfer. Do they just cut off the site, or do they start billing you for the bandwidth?

I also set up one free e-mail account, which ended up with 3MB of space instead of 0.5. But it is also counting down 90 days to some date, which I don't know what will happen after the 90 days.

BD :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators