• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Appraisal: Auction.us.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRED

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
May 21, 2006
Messages
9,128
Reaction score
176
Domain Name: Auction.us.com

Message:
I realise not much type in traffic but feel has a lot of potential for the future as branded domain.
Just to pre-empt some appraisals, I too would prefer Auction.com but don't have a spare $5,000,000 dollars & would rather spend on something else. For us mere mortals I think could offer a nice little proposition for someone with a great generic domain that could be developed. All endings are gone for Auction & fel with the .us & .com is one of the better ones. Anyone with me on this one?
 
This is a solid name in an ext I happen to think has a lot of appeal. The term gets 427K + in overture and though many are still waiting to see what these 'so called' sub-domains can bring, it has huge keyword and SEO potential. Undeveloped now you might find end user in mid $xxx range. My personal opinion is hold out until this ext shows its strength in some more aftermarket sales (e.g. medicine.us.com). I truely feel that any 'top' term such as this can only improve with a little patience in a domain market where these terms will be finding premiums in these new exts.
 
Thanks for your appraisal, it's very much appreciated. Guy
 
Hang onto it until "us.com" becomes more common place..100x the value of it now can be acheived then.
 
You can easily get mid xxx for it right now.

As for holding on to it, that's what I plan to do with Car.us.com.
 
IF the us.com becomes popular.. It's not exactly a TLD and never officially will be. I am personally not a fan of buying or selling subdomains, but I know that many people are. Good luck with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom