Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Are there any specific domains that are good when it comes to SEO?

Amelie789

Reaction score
I have heard that certain domains are SEO friendly? Is this true or just marketing gimmick?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

it's true and also a marketing gimmick.

imo...

Asgard87

Level 1
Reaction score
Marketing gimmick. Though people say that buying a domain and hosting package from the country you live in will help, I personally never had any experience as such. One of my clients asked if buying a .IN domain for his India based website will help him in SEO. I said no and he flatly questioned if I knew about SEO.

But the truth is SEO is domain independent and dependant also but domain names have nothing to do with them. I helped him with a .COM domain from BigRock and showed him the results of another website (.IN) which was from the same business category as his, where the difference was negligible. That's how he understood.

Personally, I feel that domains need to be sold at a service value and pricing value than creating such fuss which spreads wrong information about domains and domain names.

Rick Ace

Reaction score
I've spent a lot time developing websites over the years and I've learned a few things. What's interesting is that having a good domain is beneficial for SEO as long as the site itself follows good SEO practices. The causes are likely not due to the search engines preferring domains, but more likely due to users choosing to visit those names over others.

juden1179

Reaction score
I've spent a lot time developing websites over the years and I've learned a few things. What's interesting is that having a good domain is beneficial for SEO as long as the site itself follows good SEO practices. The causes are likely not due to the search engines preferring domains, but more likely due to users choosing to visit those names over others.

doing seo is indeed intersting but the hard part on it is that you need to do backlinking. which comes to my request if i can have you as one of my backlinks:https://wordpress.com/home/jpvirtualassistants.wordpress.com thank you so much, God bless

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom