Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

appraise Are these domain names worth anything? - makeupwoman.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
Hi There,

Over the past years I've acquired some domain names and I'm trying to get a better understanding on which ones are worth money, can anyone share some feedback/thoughts on the best 3 domain names from this list, with an estimate value please. I have used the GoDaddy value approval and Estibot apps but the values seem very high and not realistic on some.

makeupwoman.com
training-software.com
mensgolfgloves.com
powerupbattery.com
trainingdisk.com
buildyourlistfast.com
discountbathtowels.com
cakesforpets.com
worldbestcoffee.com
frogkits.com
lingeriewebsite.com
secretcorset.com
andfruit.com
findcardealers.com
cellphonesprepaid.com
americanmarblegranite.com
newbalanceaustralia.com
myaffiliatelinks.com
thephysioguide.com
spotlesspowerwash.com
covidmedicines.com
myfrenchstore.com
bingotemplate.com
ultimatefishingexperience.com
sugarorsalt.com
surgicalbazzar.com

Best Regards,
Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Automated appraisals are worthless and, worse than that, encourage people to waste money. Just throwing words together doesn't mean a domain has value but automated tools can't tell this. Also if using 3 words make sure they are all essential. Possessives and adjectives, 'my your our best pretty beautiful' etc can usually be replaced with something similar for registration fee. Also have an idea what a domain could be used for, what niche it covers, and how big a market it might have. For example what on earth could you do with surgicalbazzar.com?! Is 'American Marble Granite' really something that people are looking for? etc. I don't see any value in any of these domains although at first glance some might seem to be ok. These are the type of domains that people register and drop and you can create thousands of variations that will just empty your wallet. You are better off taking all the money you spend on all your registrations, and trying to buy an *established* domain with a clear route to monetisation via development or resale.

WebForWorld

Level 1
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback, NewBalanceAustralia was a mistake.

Some of those other domains have real companies in those areas, my plan was wait until they come knocking.

I really thought at worst I could get some $$$ for a few of them.

Thanks,
Michael

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to appraise any of them because most appraisals around here are cringe unless you have (recent enough) historical data for similar domains to go with... I also won't comment on all of them, just the ones that for whatever reason stick out to me.

WorldBestCoffee.com - I'm not a native speaker, but I believe this is a typo. The proper form would likely be either WorldsBestCoffee.com or BestWorldCoffee.com, with WorldsBestCoffee.com being the much better choice. I would try to sell it to someone who is not bothered by the typo and just wants it for the keywords... I would not hold on to it for to long I think, for the reasons mentioned. If I'm mistaken in my assessment, I apologize.

CellphonesPrepaid.com - vs PrepaidCellphones.com. Similar advice as above.

FindCarDealers.com - I don't know what the market is for these search related domains (I am curious though), but I'd probably develop it and eventually sell it developed with traffic (or keep it).

NewBalanceAustralia.com - I'd be careful with that one, a tiny mistake can make it more trouble than it's worth.

MyAffiliateLinks.com - I'd develop it into a blog reviewing various affiliate programs probably, or sell it to someone who can.

CovidMedicines.com - Tick tock, tick tock... also, isn't plural of "medicine"... medicine? What I mean is, isn't medicine uncountable? Again, I'm not a native speaker so you will know better...

MyFrenchStore.com - I like it, I'd develop it if I were French, or if I knew anything about the French :) Would be nice for selling handmade french memorabilia, designs and maybe snacks etc. It's a one man store name, I wouldn't expect to sell it to an actual store or get too much for it, even though it's a nice name for someone trying to open a small online store.

UltimateFishingExperience.com - I like it, if only it were not so long. The length really bothers me, but the message is on point.There's businesses out there offering just that, maybe they won't mind the length as much as it bothers me. It's one letter longer than my longest domain, 2 letters longer than my second longest domain, and 4 letters longer than my third longest one :) Other than those three, I try to stay away from long domains. And even though I like my said domains as well, the length really hurts them IMO (I plan to develop them into informational websites though, so that makes it OK).

SecretCorset.com - I don't know anything about corsets, but I like the way it looks and reads. Seems brandable if you're running a specialty corset store.

Cakesforpets.com - I like it and there a newly emerging market for it I believe. Been seeing these kind of pet snack/desert specialty stores popping up in the last 5+ years...

MensGolfGloves.com - Nice, but unfortunately limits the reach by excluding everyone but men (women, children, etc).

DiscountBathTowels.com - Not sure if there's really a market this specialized, but an outlet selling bath towels could maybe use it as a landing page of sorts...

PowerupBattery.com - Eventually a product might be made called like this.

@ukbackorder is right: "Also if using 3 words make sure they are all essential. Possessives and adjectives, 'my your our best pretty beautiful' etc can usually be replaced with something similar for registration fee."

That's why I said that MyFrenchStore.com is nice for a single person home "store", like someone who has a YouTube channel or sth and is in touch with his audience/customers, but not necessarily for a proper store. Nonetheless, for whatever reason, I feel like it actually works in this case...

What he said might sound harsh, but it's a better advice than what most people give in this forum (because they're trying to be too nice, so they end up saying the most cringe shit).

Anyway, at the very least I see some of these domains as worth developing, so I wouldn't necessarily be as harsh as @ukbackorder, but as straight up re-sell value, he might be correct in regards to most of them. Having that said, I too own quite a few domains like these, despite knowing very well that they don't necessarily have a strong resale value undeveloped. Keep in mind that I've been around domains since before 2003, so it's not just something newbies do ;) Sometimes certain keywords just call your name... you have a certain vision or idea about them, and the walet follows.

But the reality of the thing is, 200 mediocre domains cost us $2000 in registration fees per year. For that money one could get 4 nicer $500 domains each year and attempt to flip them. If it takes you a year or two, that's only $40 per year, and you can buy another 4x $500 domains each years with the money saved. Or instead of 4x $500, perhaps 2x $1000, or even 1x $2000. Just something to think about, especially if you're not the type to develop your domains... Shit, now I need to go through my own domains and see what's what 💀

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just FYI, PrepaidPhone․com SOLD for $4,138 yesterday. Perhaps that gives you a bit of an idea...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom