Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Aries.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

toho

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
US$12,000 - US$12,500 (If 50 - 70 daily type-ins)

But include OVT worth, I would say US$25,000 - US$30,000

Nice buy.

toho

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This may help your appraisals, avg uniques over past few days 8000 / day.

-=DCG=-

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:

-=DCG=-

Thats then something like $160+ USD a day, 10 years revenue a little over $560k

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
DotComGod said:

-=DCG=-

This name to other "can't see the bigger picture out of their ass" speculators is worth traffic+revenues, but for even bigger money this name is perfect for large corporations and money firms looking to brand themselves.

Aries is one of those meaningfully meaningless names that U.S. corporations love to drap themselves with. For serious money this is a must long-term keeper.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Thats then something like $160+ USD a day, 10 years revenue a little over $560k
I would really like if the life would be so straight and easy. Without knowing the quality and reason of the traffic the RPM can be $5~$50. With reason I mean - why so many people every day types aries.com ? What are they looking for ? Where are they from ? Will this traffic last forever

Without answer to therese question the price can be anywhere $50K~$500K

sasquatch said:
This name to other "can't see the bigger picture out of their ass" speculators is worth traffic+revenues, but for even bigger money this name is perfect for large corporations and money firms looking to brand themselves.

Aries is one of those meaningfully meaningless names that U.S. corporations love to drap themselves with. For serious money this is a must long-term keeper.

You probably did not notice that, but a lot of members here does NOT speak NATIVELY english. For non-native speaker is difficult to appreciate possible uniqueness, easyness to remember, of a word. Its marketability. So while in english this word might sound perfect for marketing, i.e. for me - I do not see it. For $300K+ I can get two letter domains, so if I would want to setup a new company/brand, I would use 2-letter domain, not aries.com. But thats probably because I do not see greatness of this word...So sorry I can not see this big picture through my ass...

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
not sure what aries represents but some might confuse it with the greek god of ares (god of war and battle) so I'm not sure it's ideal for branding.

negative connotations in branding = bad

but as a ppc name this obviously has huge potential considering it has 8,000 uniques per day. Not many names out there can achieve that.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This may help those of you who dont know what it means: (most of which is coming for the Zodiac meaning, there are obviously a few other typeins from music, automotive, etc)

Searches done in October 2005
Count Search Term
56890 aries
8150 aries horoscope
5547 aries download
3208 aries music
2605 aries music download
2341 aries free music
2322 aries download free
2014 aries free music download
1870 aries lite
1703 aries astrology
1686 aries sign
1462 aries constellation
1433 aries tattoo
1251 zodiac sign aries
1134 aries man
1115 aries galaxy
1073 aries spears
1034 aries characteristic
987 aries and scorpio
950 aries daily horoscope
903 aries compatibility
845 aries leo
822 aries and libra
821 aries symbol
806 aries woman
798 aries and aquarius
744 aries and sagittarius
733 aries zodiac
713 dodge aries
660 aries personality
641 aries p2p
624 cancer and aries
622 buenos aries
618 aries gemini
611 taurus aries
597 aries and pisces
584 lucas county aries
583 aries capricorn
570 aries ram
547 free aries
527 aries site myspace.com
522 mu de aries
495 aries and virgo
489 aries picture
486 2005 aries horoscope
479 aries light
469 aries love horoscope
437 austin aries
435 aries trait
430 leo aries compatibility
381 aries profile
377 aries file sharing
377 aries piston
374 aries insurance
370 aries download program
344 aries and libra compatibility
339 aries god of war
339 aries love scope
327 aries and aquarius compatibility
322 scorpio and aries compatibility
314 aries female
311 horoscopo aries
294 aries and gemini compatibility
273 aries bed breakfast rome
271 aries and pisces compatibility
260 free aries horoscope
259 aries lucky numbers
252 aries man in love
252 aries male
250 aries and sagittarius compatibility
250 aries horoscope for today
250 aries off road
242 aries and cancer compatibility
232 aries music downloading
232 aries man and gemini woman
225 aries nerf bar
223 aries die
222 mu aries
220 information on aries
219 aries music software
218 aries and taurus compatibility
218 aries star sign
214 aries downloading
213 aries love relationship
212 aries spa
208 aries aries
208 aries love
202 aries electronics
200 shion de aries
198 moon in aries
197 aries jealousy
190 aries woman leo man
189 free aries lite download
188 aries man taurus woman
188 aries zodiac tattoo
186 aries and virgo compatibility
185 fun fact about aries
176 aries music program
173 aries 2005 october horoscope
172 aries online

http://www.answers.com/aries

Its a prime domain name worth high XXX,XXX to end user at minimum.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
For non-native speaker is difficult to appreciate possible uniqueness, easyness to remember, of a word. Its marketability.

So why do they then feel inclined to appraise "English" names?

denny007 said:
So while in english this word might sound perfect for marketing, i.e. for me - I do not see it.

Since you don't see it does that mean it does not exist?

denny007 said:
For $300K+ I can get two letter domains, so if I would want to setup a new company/brand, I would use 2-letter domain, not aries.com.

Who cares what you would do? U.S. corporation naming strategies, branding campaigns and marketing budgets are not run by your agenda. They don't think: "Oh let's call ourselves Crimson Titbits and let's buy CT.com and we shall be fine." More often, they are looking for memorable or unique names that reasonate with people or could resonate when advertised profusely. Most importantly in many cases they are looking for SHORT and NEUTRAL sounding names (which cannot offend anyone for any reason) that still sound good. Aries is certainly one such name because it is a great name for virtually any type of big U.S. business:

Aries Consulting
Aries Venture Capital
Aries Technology
Aries Software

and/or product:

Lexus Aries (After all there's already one car named after another "horny" Zodiac sign: "Ford Taurus"! And also there is another one called "Dodge Ram" (and "Ram" is Latin word for "Aries"!)

denny007 said:
But thats probably because I do not see greatness of this word...So sorry I can not see this big picture through my ass...

You're missing the point this is not about the language-term per se, but about the insight into contemporary American corporate culture(s). It's not only about the "greatness of the word" but by the ability to comprehend how U.S. corporations brand themselves and their products these days. Infiniti, Acura, Integra, these are all recently made up b.s. names for branding purposes. Aries has that fine uniquness that it sounds like a contemporary made up brand word, yet it is meaningful word which is well recognized (and searched) by many americans. So you get "two for the price of one" kind of bang with this name, that is a fine subtle difference that many domainers don't get it easily. I'm not saying that big(ger) U.S. corporations will ever go after this name, but with this kind of name that is ALWAYS a possibility.

Bottom line is selling this name on traffic and "revenues" alone would be selling it short, although I suppose if counted in longer multiple yearly revenues (say 8 years) depending on the projected figure it might be good enough after all.

Canadian

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
not sure what aries represents but some might confuse it with the greek god of ares (god of war and battle) so I'm not sure it's ideal for branding.

negative connotations in branding = bad
QUOTE]

you're kidding, right?

not only is the majority of the general public not going to know the ares reference, but for those that do, there are TONS of companies out there who would want the association to the god of war.

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wow ... although not much of a site, it had been online since '97, no wonder so many type-ins, especially given the low # of searches for 'aries' (i would have thought the ovt. would have been higher)

i'd up my appraisal to high XX,XXX to six figures for the right comapny

Bramiozo

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
low $xxxxx for an enduser on it's marketing merits, low $xxxx for reseller due to the low cpc and the fact there 11 other "signs".

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The traffic is likely coming from people looking for:

http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/ (see the Overture for "ares" with/without the .com)

That would limit its potential, since the traffic can go away just like it did for typos of Suprnova and other file sharing related sites.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol Aries is not a typo ... Ares is a typo ... I seriously only think a small minute amount of traffic is coming from the Ares download site from the overture results i showed in a post above.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have hard time believing that it gets 8k daily 'naturally' despite its history (since linkpop is so weak). domains like this usually have maybe 100 or so dailies. yet there is no denying that ovt is superhigh, but also there's no denying that 8k dailies is low traffic 4 such ovt w/ext score. something just doesn't add up. maybe george is correct.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
JEsports said:
lol Aries is not a typo ... Ares is a typo ... I seriously only think a small minute amount of traffic is coming from the Ares download site from the overture results i showed in a post above.

after looking at it, it most definitely IS a typo of Ares (specifically the p2p software)

ares.com (who/which/what is apparently unpopular) has an overture w/ext of 40,000

libra.com 350
virgo.com 434
aries.com 6696

they are all horoscopes.

Still very valuable though :)

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
So why do they then feel inclined to appraise "English" names?
Sorry Daddy, I will not do it anymore !

GeorgeK said:
The traffic is likely coming from people looking for:
http://aresgalaxy.sourceforge.net/ (see the Overture for "ares" with/without the .com)
That would limit its potential, since the traffic can go away just like it did for typos of Suprnova and other file sharing related sites.

Yes thats probably itit, mystery solved.
107356 ares download -> 5547 aries download
47626 ares music -> 3208 aries music

This traffic does not bring much, like RPM$5, so from this point of view I would not buy it for more than $30K.

I know Sasquatch does not care, how much I would pay, so he can easily IGNORE this, can not he ?

I think better than ask "appraise this" would be question: "imagine, you are a manager of a big fund investing into domains. Responsible to investors for valuation of their investments. How much would you pay ?".

Now me, as such manager, would pay no more than $30K. Everyone can do recently at their domain investments average ROI 50%, domains in portfolio earning much less and waiting for "the right buyer" is "money eater".

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sasquatch said:
Lexus Aries (After all there's already one car named after another "horny" Zodiac sign: "Ford Taurus"! And also there is another one called "Dodge Ram" (and "Ram" is Latin word for "Aries"!)
There already was an Aries -- made by Dodge in the 80's. Not the type of car Lexus would want to resurrect, though.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
Sorry Daddy, I will not do it anymore !

Yes thats probably itit, mystery solved.
107356 ares download -> 5547 aries download
47626 ares music -> 3208 aries music

This traffic does not bring much, like RPM$5, so from this point of view I would not buy it for more than $30K.

I know Sasquatch does not care, how much I would pay, so he can easily IGNORE this, can not he ?

I think better than ask "appraise this" would be question: "imagine, you are a manager of a big fund investing into domains. Responsible to investors for valuation of their investments. How much would you pay ?".

Now me, as such manager, would pay no more than $30K. Everyone can do recently at their domain investments average ROI 50%, domains in portfolio earning much less and waiting for "the right buyer" is "money eater".

Music, download p2p traffic is very valuable. Pays very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators