Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

asia vs snapnames vs expirefish

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For grins, I took out an expirefish line on the expiring domain ediver.com (I'm a scuba diver). There was already a snap registered on it.

It dropped a couple of days ago, and it looks to me that it was grabbed by asians. Can anybody check the reg info and confirm that for me?

TIA,
BD

Registrant:
Ultimate Search [email protected]
Ultimate Search
GPO Box 7862
Central HK na HK
852.25379677 fax

Domain Name: EDIVER.COM

Administrative, Billing, Technical Contact:
Ultimate Search [email protected]
Ultimate Search
GPO Box 7862
Central HK na HK
852.25379677 fax

Created: 19-Jun-2002
Expires: 18-Jun-2003

Domain servers in listed order:
ns1.ultsearch.com
ns2.ultsearch.com

http://DomainSite.com

do a search on this site for ultsearch and you'll see that you lost out to a true pro.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ultsearch in Hong Kong has beaten me out many times as I went thru SnapNames. SnapNames never once beat Ultsearch on my good name Snapback orders.

Between them and BuyDomains it's almost impossible to get any good names. That's why I have a credit for a couple names at SnapNames and the money is just sitting there as a credit in my account.

It seems futile :mad: to keep on trying and then have to switch the credit to another name repeatedly since there are no refunds.

Please approve WLS :) perhaps it will level the playing field.

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
well I guess this shows clearly that you won't beat them with snapnames.

you have to find another way

ultsearch are good at what they do because they have spent years perfecting their art.

think of drop getting as a sport, if you don't put in the effort - how do you expect to compete with the top competitors?

bigdave

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames
Please approve WLS :) perhaps it will level the playing field.

Of course ultsearch et al will flood the WLS at startup with their desired names.

The real beef I have with WLS is the outrageous price, and the untruths that Verisign and SnapNames are coming up with in their arguments.

But that's a different thread....

Thanks for the responses! I have gotten a couple of names through expirefishline, so I'll just set my sights a bit lower. Didn't really expect to get ediver.com anyway, though I thought SnapNames might get it.

Cheers!!
BD

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Anyway, about Ultimate Search. They seem to have registered names with several different registrars including NSI which I find interesting. I too have lost many names to them.

I have had success with NameWinner and SnapNames although it has been spiratic.

If WLS moves forward, and as people get "WLS snapback" slots on good names, I can imagine a whole new type of auction service sprouting up based on those fortunate to hold quality WLS snapbacks. Could get interesting!

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
clue people: Ultsearch USED snapnames to get the name.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RacerX
clue people: Ultsearch USED snapnames to get the name.

If you are correct, Ultsearch must have very deep pockets (Based on the $69.00 that SnapNames charges and the number of domain names that Ultsearch registers everytime a large drop occurs).

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can recycle your snap credits anyway for unsuccessful attempts, so its not that expensive.

Domain

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
You can recycle your snap credits anyway for unsuccessful attempts, so its not that expensive.

True, you can recycle your snap credits.

But if RacerX is correct about Ultsearch using SnapNames to aquire names, then they are using up a lot of those $69.00 snapbacks as they buy a lot of dropped names in many different categories.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They use to use Namewinner too. The Hong Kong people are very entreprenual and I won't be surprised if they have investors backing them.

This does not seem to be a one man show.

of course, if you believed/knew they were making money from their sites you could conclude that they don't *need* backing...

how could he possibly be making any money from that lame page he puts up? (joke)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
FYI: Hong Kong people used to pay US$30k for a sub-urban 400 sq ft apartment a few years back; so you could guess this Ultsearch enterprise (be it a one-man band or a bunch of rich kids) must have very deep pockets.

And they used to snap names by hand, just like I did, back in the good old days when there is only ONE registrar, i.e. Network Solutions, which is also the registry; and we knew exactly on which day and at which hours they released expired names ...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by uncle from the list of top 100 names caught by Snapnames http://www.loffs.com/images/hot100.txt 19 went to Ultsearch, and 16 to Buydomains. (Kudos to Georgek for archiving the list, because Snapnames deleted it)

This list does not impress me. Most names are somewhat mediocre and average, some I would not register even for a reg fee. The fact only 1/3 went to Ult and BuyDomains indicates to me they never tried to get the majority since they were not that good.

I am sure they normally get much better names than on that list. In fact, I know from personal experience that is so as many names I tried to get via Snapnames and grabbed by Ultsearch or Buydomains were much better than the names on this list.

There must be another list with the good names listed.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mymymy.com??

yoho.com??

Wow, the collecting trash industry is alive an thriving, I see. Might as well burn those dollars in a rubbish head.

A lot of people are still living in the past :D

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This list does not impress me. Most names are somewhat mediocre and average, some I would not register even for a reg fee. The fact only 1/3 went to Ult and BuyDomains indicates to me they never tried to get the majority since they were not that good.

hey, that's the kind of names that Snapnames is able to catch. And still, 1/3 of the names SN considers the best went to ultsearch and BB because they apparently buy lots of snapbacks.

ultsearch and BB catch the best names themselves, of course

I am sure they normally get much better names than on that list.

that is correct :)

yoho.com??

must receive type in traffic because there's a ppc se on the domain. someone from taiwan owns it, so it might mean something in chinese or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom