Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

asian traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot of my snapped 3-char .COM domains were owned by Asian speculators, and apparently some were used as free mail URLs :D

So anyone bidding on my eBay auctions gets a whole lot for their buck.

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is that good or is that bad :confused:

I am not sure yet, I received some funny emails with charsets I cannot read :D but no digits.

non english traffic is generally considered low value at the moment

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's essentially the drawback of acquiring namespace that was owned by someone who is now dead. The spirit comes back to haunt you :eek:

I acquire namespace that is new, I will pay good money to owners that are still alive, to keep the spirit factor divorced. :D

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mole what are you talking about? lol totally lost there

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:laugh:

Omni, moles are very superstitious animals. Sorry for the abberation in logic.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
btw... like your new title :)

Why is the sky blue?

Well, its got something to do with light frequency, I think.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
could mole be talking about the .info and .biz namespace again?? No problem is NOT having pesky traffic with those tlds ... a traffic graveyard for sure :laugh:

I've no problem with funny little IPs that start with 212 and their location is in obscure places like Chianxjion, Quanzoox etc.

Chinese seem to be obsessed with the letter X.
As it is, I resell these domains, not keep them. But the traffic they currently generate is interesting.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by timechange
A lot of my snapped 3-char .COM domains were owned by Asian speculators, and apparently some were used as free mail URLs :D

So anyone bidding on my eBay auctions gets a whole lot for their buck.

Strange that there are so many "4"s in your domains, asians being very wary of this number as its cantonese and mandorin pronunciation is similar to "Death". Hence, no worse number to have associated with yourself if you are Asian. So, maybe they chose to let them drop like the plague :laugh:

I think that new owner might receive endless streams of spam misdirected to the former owners of the free email addresses ... assuming the you have a catch-all or use those usernames, etc.

So the lucky new owner will get endless streams of asian sourced emails ... lucky him or her (I own a few 3 letters ... (no numbers in the mix) and enjoy the same "benefit" .....

Best of luck :)

Originally posted by NameBox

Strange that there are so many "4"s in your domains, asians being very wary of this number as its cantonese and mandorin pronunciation is similar to "Death". Hence, no worse number to have associated with yourself if you are Asian. So, maybe they chose to let them drop like the plague :laugh:

I think that new owner might receive endless streams of spam misdirected to the former owners of the free email addresses ... assuming the you have a catch-all or use those usernames, etc.

So the lucky new owner will get endless streams of asian sourced emails ... lucky him or her (I own a few 3 letters ... (no numbers in the mix) and enjoy the same "benefit" .....

Best of luck :)

I have no problem selling these domains as the 4 is a nice substitute for "FOR" for us westerners.
I also register domains that contain 8 and X as they make interesting combinations.

My buyers are usually entrepreneurs that want a short and memorable domain to associate with their long and hard to remember URL. I have no problem selling these domains but I could use some more exposure.

I think nice, leggy women is the right way :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators