Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

closed AsSeenOnTVSet.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as seen on tv, asseenontv & asseenontv.com case(s)
from the american, federalian, english, british, anglo-sakson, french, the international law : intellectual property rights laws & common-law trademarks rights in all countries laws.
when someone tried to register a name, phrase or logo ....etc & it was refused to be a registered mark, anyone else can use the name also at the same time even if it confused with the service or product or it's the same stuff in the same country, & this situation is less than the situation that the name is not tried to be a registered mark at all!(law is blind & it acts as it is without any concern for any body), because if the name hasn't try to be a registered mark that means it has a %50 to registered & %50 not to, but when it refused to register the percentage become zero %0 (the refusal harms any future common law claim) & there can't be a c & d letter, that means any one else in that case can use it, & if the second user succeded to register it, he can issue the first & any other ones to use it, and if the first one is tried to misunderstanding the public that he has a TM ownership, that can be taken vs him in the court.
as seen on tv is a generic common phrase, & is the best even the only example that the law base is in it, & there isn't any case(s) about as seen on tv at all from any parties, because any company can advertise a product or item or set of products or set of items ..etc on tv world wide or in each country, & write on the product cover that: this product is "as seen on tv" in the advertisement due to it's a generic common phrase.
last of all if i have a 0.0000001 doubt that i try to register a TM or registered mark or SM or even a name that is wrong with any rights for any actor, singer ....etc by law, i wouldn't make an effort to write this at all
thanks
W H A T?? :?: :shy:

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it sounds like AsSeenonTv.com...except you added Set to it......maybe im wrong , and reading this wrong....

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
as seen on tv, asseenontv & asseenontv.com case(s)
from the american, federalian, english, british, anglo-sakson, french, the international law : intellectual property rights laws & common-law trademarks rights in all countries laws.
when someone tried to register a name, phrase or logo ....etc & it was refused to be a registered mark, anyone else can use the name also at the same time even if it confused with the service or product or it's the same stuff in the same country, & this situation is less than the situation that the name is not tried to be a registered mark at all!(law is blind & it acts as it is without any concern for any body), because if the name hasn't try to be a registered mark that means it has a %50 to registered & %50 not to, but when it refused to register the percentage become zero %0 (the refusal harms any future common law claim) & there can't be a c & d letter, that means any one else in that case can use it, & if the second user succeded to register it, he can issue the first & any other ones to use it, and if the first one is tried to misunderstanding the public that he has a TM ownership, that can be taken vs him in the court.
as seen on tv is a generic common phrase, & is the best even the only example that the law base is in it, & there isn't any case(s) about as seen on tv at all from any parties, because any company can advertise a product or item or set of products or set of items ..etc on tv world wide or in each country, & write on the product cover that: this product is "as seen on tv" in the advertisement due to it's a generic common phrase.
last of all if i have a 0.0000001 doubt that i try to register a TM or registered mark or SM or even a name that is wrong with any rights for any actor, singer ....etc by law, i wouldn't make an effort to write this at all
thanks

Wow, I tried to read this, like, four times....just could not get through it.

The name really is not worth the reg fee you paid...keep trying though, just stay away from other people's TM's.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
my explanation is not to the domain i registered , the explanation is for as seen on tv
by law it's not even a TM, why people still thought it's, ask any lawyer, it'sn't a TM

for all your appriasals, the domain worth 0, it's OK, the matter is i wanted just to put that view: when you search for as seen on tv set of something, you will find something: set of products, set of items or set of .....etc
that's my view only, i didn't think in any way to have an appraisal value in money (like to receive xx or x or 0 dollars), what i needed is to see the view when trying to search for some set "as seen on tv", that is only

i didn't think in any way that asseenontv.com was sold for some millions, so my name will worth a thing, no way

last of all, i hope this will be the latest post for me here in this thread
thank you all
bye

muris

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Uhhh...
How to say it? This name sounds knda funny.
I have other ideas for you:
AsSeenOnTVScreen.com
AsSeenOnTVs.com
AsSeenOnTVMonitor.com
AsSeenOnTVatSears.com

Vision

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The owner likely saw an old article about the sale of AsSeenOnTv.com for $5 million in 2002....If you google, "AsSeenOnTv.com domain sale there are several articles about the $5 million dollar sale......here is a list where its featured....
http://www.zetetic.com/domain-name-sales.html

Regardless, the domain AsSeenOnTvSet.com is low $x to mid $xx

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
good bye my friend...

emark

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is an experience I had with a TM'ed domain name. Others may have had a different experience or understanding. This is from my perspective and experience.

10-Jan-1999 I registered eMoneyGram.com and developed a temporary site until I decided what to do with the domain.

eMoneyGram was not TM'ed. MoneyGram was. This was during the internet bubble. At that time there were no set legal guidelines in place to handle this super growing new media. Rules were pretty much being made as things progressed. One day the courts would rule for the big guy, the next day a little guy would win.

I applied for a TM but was denied. Mind you, emoneygram was not TM'd yet. I wondered why a company as huge as MoneyGram had not registered this domain long ago. That's why I thought it was okay to register.

In January 2000 the cease and desist letters from Travelers Express (the parent company of MoneyGram) started to come in. I totally ignored the letters until March 2001 when they took me to United States Federal District Court for the District of Minnesota.

Luckily for me the case was thrown out because I didn't have an legal representation licensed to practise in the state of Minnesota. The magistrate suggested we settle this between ourselves. I think his suggestion really meant, "Heck I don't know what to do with this".

It ended good for me. By the time I landed back in Texas I had three messages from the Traveler's Express attorney who had hassled me for fourteen months. She wanted to settle as soon as possible. We did and I was quite satisfied. The kicker is that I had to contact them over two years later to have them change the registrant's name from mine to their's.

I said all of that to say leave the TM'ed or almost TM'ed domains alone. The stress and anxiety is not worth the effort. It ended alright for me that time, but I'd never do anything like that again. At anytime I expected to wake up as a squashed bug on the sidewalk. That's what I would have been had I gotten into a court battle with them.

Be aware of the domains you register and all the possible consequences of owning such a domain. But who knows. The battle for WWF.com was won by the family who first owned the domain. That was a couple or so years ago. That's why the wrestling guys now use WWE. I still wouldn't try it though.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
eMoneyGram was not TM'ed. MoneyGram was.

as you said: MoneyGram was a TM, but they didn't try to register the mark,so it is not a refused registration mark, so it have almost the same right the registered ones give (but that's not a hole in the law, it just means that when a mark was refused to be a registered one, so that means there is something wrong in any way) & that makes it become even not a TM as it was, so some companys see it's in some cases better to not register their mark, to avoid refusing it if they are aware that there is something wrong,(or if someone don't or can't afford the registration mark fees or the annual renewal fees) or if the mark wanted to be registered is a very generic name which is the common word of something as an example : Milk, Meat, Bread ..etc themselfs are the common words that describe themselfs.

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No-one under the age of 90 now uses the term "tv set". Total waste of money.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as seen on tv-set (tv set), as set is group of products or items shown on tv in the as seen on tv products
& it shown in the searches set of something ........
as seen on tv - - - - - ->set (of some products,items or group of products or items. when someone trying to search for some set of something from the as seen on tv advertisements)

i mentioned my point of view as people asked me to do so, & it's OK that it worth zero or nothing but why till now after that people still write about thinking of TV Set as television set which describe tv in old fashion?! after my explanations

No-one under the age of 90 now uses the term "tv set".
?!

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Refide, take the sage advice of seasoned and experienced domainers here. You put it up for appraisal; you were told it's worthless, so I suggest now you make use of this forum and listen to reasoned argument. The domain is absolutley worthless and a potential liability in the best of circumstances. I.e.; it's a dog.

refide

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Refide, take the sage advice of seasoned and experienced domainers here. You put it up for appraisal; you were told it's worthless, so I suggest now you make use of this forum and listen to reasoned argument. The domain is absolutley worthless and a potential liability in the best of circumstances. I.e.; it's a dog.

yes i really learnt alot from all the advices of all experienced domainers
thanks alot for all of you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators