• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Attention Moniker - Not one IDN listed for the March T.R.A.F.F.I.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2002
Messages
1,810
Reaction score
3
Many were submitted

what happened? Why were none selected for the auctions?
 
Since they are in this to make money, they probably chose the domains they believe they can make the most money from. Nothing wrong with that.
 
That actually shows where the IDN-s stand
 
Many were submitted

what happened? Why were none selected for the auctions?

I'm actually surprised that you are surprised. The odds of any of them getting any interest was remote. The auction is a mainstream auction, and I don't think IDN's are mainstream at this time.

Shaun
 
Thats because IDN's Create confusion as seen in many sedo auctions
 
Well if I now think off it I have a really good explanation, Tina Dam Director of ICANN IDN Program did not pay the asked amount to Monte and thats why there are no IDN-s at this auction. -mobi guys where better in that, some guys actually "bought" .mobi-s in auction.
 
Theirs no room for them, why bump a .com for IDN? I would also think Moniker would have to hire translators, no?
 
Many were submitted

what happened? Why were none selected for the auctions?

tbh i'm sure some people submitted .cc & .ws, it doesn't mean they're gonna get selected
like raidergirl said, why would they bump com, net , mobi etc?
 
Moniker asked the IDN community to submit some. A few members submitted some premium ones. Moniker promised to include them and even started a topic on another forum saying "IDNs will be featured in the traffic auction"

Theirs no room for them, why bump a .com for IDN? I would also think Moniker would have to hire translators, no?

you obviously have no clue what an IDN is. They can be a .com as most are.
 
Its an oral auction, atleast part of it is, How do you say the domain. We have such and such a word in such a such a language with accents on such and such letters and its translated properly we hope.
 
Its an oral auction, atleast part of it is, How do you say the domain. We have such and such a word in such a such a language with accents on such and such letters and its translated properly we hope.

I would think the auctioneer would pronounce it in English, indicate the language and the bidders who cant translate, would have to trust that its spelled correctly or hire there own translator, lets hope it never happens.
 
No obviously an oral representation of idn's is far from ideal but as obvious as that is the fact that the names will also have to be represented in writing, this will be no problem for a native speaker.
 
Well if I now think off it I have a really good explanation, Tina Dam Director of ICANN IDN Program did not pay the asked amount to Monte and thats why there are no IDN-s at this auction. -mobi guys where better in that, some guys actually "bought" .mobi-s in auction.

Hm. That would be market manipulation now wouldn't it? That would be an all around bad thing for this industry in general if that was the case. Might even be seen as oh, fraud. If that is what you are hinting at.
 
I want to see an IDN two-worder, dash-separated .mobi go on auction.
 
Many were submitted

what happened? Why were none selected for the auctions?
Probably because there wouldn't be much interest. Why take up time listing them?

.mobi names have been hot of late. Why wouldn't they be featured? I believe if you auctioned off Pizza.mobi or Pizza.com in Chinese or whatever, the .mobi would sell for much more.

Moniker wants to make money from the auction and the buyers want to buy the best names available. The reason is clear.
 
I want to see an IDN two-worder, dash-separated .mobi go on auction.

Dude, your forgeting, one thing: An IDN two-worder, dash separated, "mixed script" .mobi go to auction.
 
I want to see an IDN two-worder, dash-separated .mobi go on auction.

Then when all those are all sold out we can start to move the double hyphen ones. lol
たわご--とを言う.mobi
 
That reminds me how a few years ago, NetSol's script allowed for the registration of domains with a hyphen at the beginning or the end.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom