Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

bakhtaran is a Scammer on DNForum - Stole Five 3-character.coms and $2550 from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think I am sicked and tired of these nonsense posts from this young lady trying to be smarta$$ - Get to the point and the question - Don't kicking around..

I share with you my knowledge of having a merchant account for 9 years and my experience of handling chargebacks, and what do I get in return? "I am sicked and tired of these nonsense posts from this young lady trying to be smarta$$" ........Ungrateful must be your middle name

In every post she tried to be the expert in the field and did not answer the question. The thread is about how to help him with the case - Not to explain the process.

And just how do you help someone when they doesnt understand the process? (how old are you? :baby:)

If you took the time to read my posts, you will see that I did help him. Because Kwok had the money in his Paypal account, theirs NO way of getting it back! PERIOD, and I dont know how many times I wrote that, but Kwok and his followers continue to beat the dead horse and blame this on Paypal, when they did nothing wrong. I discussed with others in the forum ways of getting the domains back, and the conclusion was that filing a dispute with ICANN is the least costly option, has he done this yet?

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You miss the point. The point being, eBay offers coverage for any type of goods regardless of whether they are tangible or virtual - including domain names. eBay actually promotes Paypal as a recommended payment method. We're not examining the possibility of an account being compromised. If that's the basis of our conversation, I might actually be Ricky Martin.

Yes, I would like to see where it says that,

Whether an account is comprised or not, Paypal does NOT protect the seller from intangible items, visit this link

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webs...prior_transaction_id=43985&answer_id=16777217

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Indeed, eBay offers monetary insurance but alas, not for intangible items.

Ouch. That slap on my butt hurt, miss Eva :-D

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It could've been worse, Acroplex. :-D

eva, ICANN isn't going to be of any help. UDRP's hardly feasible for this case,
and only a Court can authoritatively and possibly resolve this.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've corrected alot of people and no one asked ME to slap thier butt... :jaw:

I'm glad I didn't see this last part of the thread until now, would have been a real boxing match. Intangibles are never covered.

Additionally, credit cards can have charge back, money orders and certified checks can be fake, wire transfers can be reversed and don't even get me started on Western Union.... the safest is escrow or better yet, cash.

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Escrow is cool but escrow.com sucks with domain names as the seller can change the whois and pretend it is "transfered".

Best to go with a real escrow service like Moniker.com. Monte is the man!

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kwok
Did you give the police report to enom?
Did you use the the email address for the enom that Adam provided?

Yes, I did. Sarah said "We will investigate this and see whether there is anything that we are able to find out." Didn't say she will help me to get back the domains though. :frown:

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...Additionally, credit cards can have charge back, money orders and certified checks can be fake, wire transfers can be reversed and don't even get me started on Western Union.... the safest is escrow or better yet, cash...

You're right on about escrow / cash generally being safest.

Many people confuse ACH (aka. electronic trasfer) with bank wire - they are two totally different things...

Bank wires (fedwire) are non-revocable. Similar goes for Western Union.

What you may be thinking of are instances in which a receiving financial institution (bank) doesn't accept the bank wire or wires back the funds back prior to the funds being disbursed to the intended account holder; bank wires are between financial institutions not individual account holders ... however, once the funds are disbursed to them it's done.

In regards to Western Union, MoneyGram, etc, what you may be thinking of is a provision, which is law in some jurisdictions (ie. California), for canceling such a money wire prior to pickup.

Ron

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kwok- at this point, in my view, your best option is hiring an attorney specializing in domain names / internet (if you've not done so) and have them file various legal actions, potentially including a court injuction to prevent sale / transfer of the domains.

Enom is unlikely to do anything until they are ordered to by a court - which is smart business when a situation is murky - the appropriate action isn't clear.

On a related topic, fraud and theft are similar, but not the same - most registrars are willing to help their customers get outright "stolen" domains back, but typically unwilling to help if the domains were transferred in part on the deliberate actions of the registrant.

UDRP is likely to be of little to no help, since the domains are acronyms that aren't branded, etc. UDRP is intended for disputes regarding trademarks, etc not fraud per se.

It may still be worth trying, if no other viable options, since the respondent may not respond ... but not a guarantee of default though, since there have been numerous instances in which a UDRP panal has still ruled against the complaintant; UDRP is a real crapshoot, but occasionally works for recovering domains.

Another option is to do little more and just write the domains off as a loss - this likely is not a viable option unless you have much taxable business income and/or expect to in the next few years ... may be something to mole over with the accountant.

Ron

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't see this last part of the thread until now, would have been a real boxing match. Intangibles are never covered.

Additionally, credit cards can have charge back, money orders and certified checks can be fake, wire transfers can be reversed and don't even get me started on Western Union.... the safest is escrow or better yet, cash.

I know a ACH can be reversed, but I dont think bank wires can, I think Domagon is correct. And I agree that Escrow is the safest, you can say all you want about them, but they guarantee the transaction not matter what.

Oops I better get back to topic before the paypal bashers beat me silly:whip:

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, I did. Sarah said "We will investigate this and see whether there is anything that we are able to find out." Didn't say she will help me to get back the domains though. :frown:

Kwok, I hope Enom will do something for you, press them as much as you can and follow up with them, I think if you provide the right documentation, they maybe able to help you out, are the domains locked or frozen at this point?

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is ... very scary.

I really want someone that knows the answer to this, to chime in. Is our information on this site safe? If not, don't try to save face and let us get burnt, just give an update so we can make educated decisions.

I have no sympathy for scammers like this. Kwok, I know this will NOT help get your domains back, and thus, probably not make you feel any better, but rest assured, this guy will get what is coming to him.

Maybe not from any action taken on this site, but it will, from someone, someday, and my lord, will it ever be justified.

Jay

kwok

Verified Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is ... very scary.

Is our information on this site safe?

Maybe not from any action taken on this site, but it will, from someone, someday, and my lord, will it ever be justified.

Jay

Unfortunately, our posting on this website is not safe. Look at DNBank, he is online now and again reading this thread (http://www.dnforum.com/thread177810.html#55) even though he is banned.

Thanks Jay and everyone that were concerned, and I hope someday it will be justified too. Someday.

damitssam

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I contacted eNom and the eNom legal department said they cannot do anything about it. This is the email I received from eNom a few minutes ago:
===================================
Unfortunately, you voluntarily pushed the domain names to the user's account, thus giving them control over the names. eNom is not in position to make any judgment in any third party transactions. I would suggest seeking legal advice on the matter.
Regards,
eNom, Inc.
===================================

Two other DNF users have been scammed by the same person, and I wish someone here knows people at eNom who can help me to get my domains back. I also received an email from another victim on DNF, showing the scammers have already stolen many domains using the same method.

Will anyone help?

You are suppose to say you did not authorize the push :fish: . They will take your word for it and push it back.

afloat.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how can you say you didn't authorize a push if you were the one initiating the push?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well if kwok wants to have a fighting chance, he should make sure the domains aren't transferred out of eNom in the meantime - once they get transferred out (it's just a matter of time), the odds of recovery substantially drops.

Ron

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thus far You should continue to gather information on this person and store it safely. In the event you don't retrieve your property you can at least have the tools needed to cause damage. Follow him for years if need be and take the opportunities that come about. I've been ripped off three times here on DNF and recovered my funds each time accept for one. The one I didnt recover yet should be recovered in a month or two. He lives in a different continent so it's a little more straining. Don't give up, and do whatever it takes to either get your money back or make him wish he paid you back. Spend the time it takes to dig, if you find his friends, become friends with them, if he has family, he has a weakness. Don't let it go or your the target.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Put a bounty on his head and you'll see how fast those ex-special OP guys take a trip to Malaysia for a friendly visit.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
You are suppose to say you did not authorize the push :fish: . They will take your word for it and push it back.

An idea but perhaps too late in the game. If Kowk had a sub account with a similar username or creates one, perhaps he could say that he mistyped the username on the push, it's better if he has one already, if he creates one, they can look at the date. Or as a last resort, claim the account was hacked into and the names were pushed without your authorization...just throwing out some naughty ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom