Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Banned From Adsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartsdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As soon as i started earning decent revenue they closed my account.

Google's stronghold over internet advertising strikes me as becoming somewhat of a monopoly.

It would be good if as a domain name and website community we could all come together and start introducing some of the other big advertisers, ie, yahoo, bidvertiser, clicksor etc. into our sites.

On another Google Adsense issue, do you think spamming another sites google adverts could be used as a form of revenge in order to get there adsense account suspended thus reducing there flow of revenue?

I think this sort of dangerous possibility should be addressed.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have had my adsense account since 2002, never had an issue. Fraudulent Clicks, Purchased Traffic, spam, etc will get you banned!

purchased traffic??...since when?....they allow that

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When the Goverment begins taking pennies out of circulation, my Adsense revenue will be Zero.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have had my adsense account since 2002, never had an issue. Fraudulent Clicks, Purchased Traffic, spam, etc will get you banned!
Since 2002, interesting
http://blogoscoped.com/archive/2007-07-06-n82.html
Applied Semantics announces their service called AdSense. (Announcement: October 21, 2002)
Google acquires Applied Semantics, and their contextual ads product AdSense...” (Announcement: April 23, 2003)

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
everything is possible including this

Diamond Parking is the oldest parking company worldwide! For over 80 years, we've set the standard in the parking industry.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see why they wouldn't - seeing how purchased traffic doesn't even use bandwidth, let alone click links and let you make money.

Step further back.

OK, you pay a company for something like 10,000 views, out of that you get 500 clicks.

You get paid form Google, no harm there.
Google gets paid from the advertisers, this is the issue.

The advertisers are paying Google per click. They are paying for Google to send relevant traffic to their sites and in return they hope to get sales.

Now, you have your 500 clicks that have no interest in the advertiser's site, let alone purchase anything. They're getting the shaft.

If a car dealership is offering free $25 gas cards with a test drive, is it right for you to pay people $5 each to go take a test drive (even if they have no interest in the cars and no intention of even buying one) so you can get the gas cards? I don't think the dealership would like it.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah...but that's 500 additional visitors to that advertisers site that they didnt have before....hey...u cant force the visitor to do anything.....you can send them there and then it's up to the advertiser to close the sale.....no?....

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah...but that's 500 additional visitors to that advertisers site that they didnt have before....hey...u cant force the visitor to do anything.....you can send them there and then it's up to the advertiser to close the sale.....no?....

But it's forcing them to pay for visitors with false intentions. It is a similar reason why spam faxes, text messages, and unsolicited calls are illegal in the US.

stuartsdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i have applied for Yahoo and am currently running bidvertiser after my Google account was closed.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But it's forcing them to pay for visitors with false intentions. It is a similar reason why spam faxes, text messages, and unsolicited calls are illegal in the US.

we are talking purchased traffic right?...i am buying the traffic and sending it to my sites.....if the visitor clicks on an ad on my site....how can i force that visitor to do anything on the advertiser's site??.....maybe the advertiser should do a better job of converting sales....no??....because i'm obvioulsy doing a good job of sending the traffic to them......its my job to send the traffic and close the sales???...i dont think so.....

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
we are talking purchased traffic right?...i am buying the traffic and sending it to my sites.....if the visitor clicks on an ad on my site....how can i force that visitor to do anything on the advertiser's site??.....maybe the advertiser should do a better job of converting sales....no??....because i'm obvioulsy doing a good job of sending the traffic to them......its my job to send the traffic and close the sales???...i dont think so.....

<Devil's Advocate>

The traffic coming to your site is false traffic, it is purchased traffic, most likely people not interested in your site. (Unless it is targeted paid traffic).

The companies paying for these Adsense ads (ad AdWords ads) are paying for good traffic (meaning people interested in their products though relevant sites). They are the ones who are paying. Sure, it might only be a few dollars but when you add in thousands of hits over hundreds of sites it can add up and can open Google up to lawsuits if they do not make paid traffic and self-clicking against the TOS.

Google is just covering their rears with this and unfortunately, some people get kicked out as examples to show their advertisers that they do monitor and police it.

</Devil's Advocate>

IMO - I don't care. I'm just giving a point of view from the other side. Buying traffic is a good way to boost your site statistics and adsense revenue but does not improve the quality of your traffic. Sure, I could pay for traffic but to me it is BS traffic and only short term unless you pay for it often. I see my reports and even though it is small they are very targeted and if they click on the ads then that is because they are interested in the product. I get repeat visitors and repeat business from these few people which (IMO) makes the site more valuable.

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
<Devil's Advocate>

The traffic coming to your site is false traffic, it is purchased traffic, most likely people not interested in your site. (Unless it is targeted paid traffic).

The companies paying for these Adsense ads (ad AdWords ads) are paying for good traffic (meaning people interested in their products though relevant sites). They are the ones who are paying. Sure, it might only be a few dollars but when you add in thousands of hits over hundreds of sites it can add up and can open Google up to lawsuits if they do not make paid traffic and self-clicking against the TOS.

Google is just covering their rears with this and unfortunately, some people get kicked out as examples to show their advertisers that they do monitor and police it.

</Devil's Advocate>

IMO - I don't care. I'm just giving a point of view from the other side. Buying traffic is a good way to boost your site statistics and adsense revenue but does not improve the quality of your traffic. Sure, I could pay for traffic but to me it is BS traffic and only short term unless you pay for it often. I see my reports and even though it is small they are very targeted and if they click on the ads then that is because they are interested in the product. I get repeat visitors and repeat business from these few people which (IMO) makes the site more valuable.

Ed.....I agree......obviously u need content...unique and lots of it......u are buying this traffic because 1st...u want them to visit your site for the content and user experience......2ndly if they click on ads (which is not the main intent)....how are u responsible for what happens next??.....and the traffic u buy obviously is targeted by the keywords u are choosing....( so how is this false traffic??).....if my site is about video games....and all my content on site is video-game related...obviously the adsense ads are gonna be video-related....now if the visitors click on a video-related ad on my site....how is it my fault if that visitor didnt buy anything on that advertisers site?...this is what i am having a hard time understanding......i dont think Google is telling the advertiser..."hey sorry that the visitors coming to your site and not converting....we'll go and terminate that guy's content related adsense site because his visitors coming to his site and then going to your's are not buying anything".......

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, they're going on an international scale very shortly.

Except YPN has gone completely down the tubes.

YPN used to have crappy targeting, but really high RPC. People could make $0.75 per click, so it didn't matter how untargeted the ads were because a few people would still click.

Now, RPC figures are at like $0.10 and the targeting is still crappy. YPN accounts are basically useless at the moment from what I've heard. I doubt YPN will go public anytime soon - Yahoo is having MAJOR issues with the platform. Don't expect it to be a saving grace - Adsense outperforms YPN in 95% of websites these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom