• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Barack-Oba.ma

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2005
Messages
2,337
Reaction score
35
Just reg'ed two domains, both conjoined or hacked domains.

Barack-Oba.ma

PresidentOba.ma

Not bad reg fees at 25 Euros a year either.

Any thoughts? (Now that has opened the doors to unleash the lions! :lol: )
 
Are you serious?

I think if you stayed away from your "hacked domains" and spent the 25 euros on .coms you would probably be more successful...I've never seen anyone spend a couple hundred euros on cctlds that I've never heard of and make a 4-6 figure sale like you're expecting.
 
Rock, ah, what a pity, you just do not understand.
 
Maybe it's you that "just doesn't understand."
 
Maybe it is, all I know is that I have managed to take a HDN, develop it less than a month ago and now it is rocking!

Rock, to each their own.

Still, you did not give a valuation on the 2 names, after all that is what this thread is about.
 
This is a reg fee name.
No use for it and the extension is pretty pointless. .ma is for morocco.
 
I would say reg fee or less. May be good for development, only if Obama wins election.

This is a reg fee name.
No use for it and the extension is pretty pointless. .ma is for morocco.

I don't see how a Moroccan tld is pointless. :?:
 
Referring to that registration as pointless for a .ma extension. Even though it's a domain hack.
 
reg fee
OBA.MA would be much better :lol:
 
Oba.ma was of course the one I went for first, but it was reg'd over a year ago! :sigh2: I made a 'semi-generous' offer to buy it but haven't heard back from the owner.

I have already received and turned down a $500 offer for 'PresidentOba.ma', the chap didn't come back with a higher offer (yet). But as developed website I reckon it could do quite well. As it is I reckon Tuesday will go a long way to increasing the value of it! :yes:

I must admit though that 'Barack-Oba.ma' is the much lesser of the two.

I was just amazed that Rock even bothered to dig this post up from February, I guess he just doesn't like 'JesusChri.st' out doing JesusChrist.com. :lol:
 
Just reg'ed two domains, both conjoined or hacked domains.

Barack-Oba.ma

PresidentOba.ma

Not bad reg fees at 25 Euros a year either.

Any thoughts? (Now that has opened the doors to unleash the lions! :lol: )

barack-oba.ma - Is worthless because of the hyphen.

Presidentoba.ma - I like it but only if he wins the presidency.
 
Even if Obama doesn't with the Presidency, he's still a senator so his name does have inherent value but....

I have never liked hacks and only like hyphens where they seem "natural", like "jack-o-lantern" or something like that. So this hyphenated hack domain seems unatural and far fetched to me. I'd say less than reg fee. sorry. :(

Not meant as a hijack but... What about PresidentObama.net (If he wins, of course)

GoPC
 
Two worthless domains - Two worthless candidates.
 
Presidentoba.ma - is the better one, but i think it doesnt have any value.
 
Not even reg fee. Those are 75+ bucks right down the drain. I have better use for them, including the renewal of decent ones.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom