Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld bbc.me

Status
Not open for further replies.

horatioab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I need advise about BBC.me please, should i:

a: Build a website - and what should the website be about?
b: Contact the BBC and sell domain, and for how much?
c: Could you suggest any ideas. please.

Thanks for all you comments.

:)

Domain summit 2024

tatjana

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why BBC would buy this domain? If they want it in first place you will be not owner..
I will build website on this, then later on the road sell it .

B B C can be used for so many things...

If you want to sell it, let me know ...

horatioab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why BBC would buy this domain? If they want it in first place you will be not owner..
I will build website on this, then later on the road sell it .

B B C can be used for so many things...

If you want to sell it, let me know ...

BBC buy it to gain market on Internet.

my BIN Price is $10,000

You could sell website and domain for mid-high $XX,XXX or make Fast and Easy income online from website with google ads .

Please post me Today to buy name or make me an offer if too expensive because I accept 70% of most offers. Better hurry - Im not joking I've posted ads on the internet to sell it yesterday - buyers may come knocking soon.

talas

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best road is to sell it, whether it is BBC or others.

horatioab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Best road is to sell it, whether it is BBC or others.

Good answer, my aim is to sell them quickly. I emailed the BBC where Im from in the UK, still waiting to hear from them...

You can profit from my domains if you know anyone looking to buy domains and we can agree a good price, I will offer you 15% commission.

Thank you for your quick reply again.

Horatio

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the last thing you want to do is email the BBC!! if they want that domain, they will get it. and they won't pay.

BBC can stand for a lot of things. Do some research, find a niche that you know about and use that domain in the niche. Don't have anything to do with the British Broadcasting Company on that site.

horatioab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the last thing you want to do is email the BBC!! if they want that domain, they will get it. and they won't pay.

BBC can stand for a lot of things. Do some research, find a niche that you know about and use that domain in the niche. Don't have anything to do with the British Broadcasting Company on that site.

Thanks for reply.

I was considering doing a "Billionaires Boys Club" networking site for billionaires to benefit from special services for annual fee. The problem is Im not sure what service(s) to offer that would be different to other sites and appeal to the end user.

BBC.com is not owned by the BBC so I thought offering BBC.me would not be risky to do - have not heard from them yet.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for reply.

I was considering doing a "Billionaires Boys Club" networking site for billionaires to benefit from special services for annual fee. The problem is Im not sure what service(s) to offer that would be different to other sites and appeal to the end user.

BBC.com is not owned by the BBC so I thought offering BBC.me would not be risky to do - have not heard from them yet.

2 threads, same names.
Posted via Mobile Device

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

the fact you have not developed and have approached, its over. bad faith. expect to hear from their solicitors sorry to say

also, have you even visited bbc.com? :rolleyes:
they own it. they paid a six figure sum years ago for it

Jilo

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yeah, bbc.com redirects to bbc.co.uk.

And, re the idea of building a billionaire boys club exclusively for billionaires...

1. How many billionaires are there in the world?
2. How many of them actually surf the web to find a site like bbc.me
3. The fact that they are billionaires and you aren't, I'm sure that the 'special services' you would be providing would be no use to them.

So, if you're lucky, you might end up with one user for that site.

When BBC want the domain, may be a few weeks, may be a few years, their lawyers will contact you.

horatioab

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the fact you have not developed and have approached, its over. bad faith. expect to hear from their solicitors sorry to say

also, have you even visited bbc.com? :rolleyes:
they own it. they paid a six figure sum years ago for it

I have contacted several companies to build a website in the future, so hopefully this will show that I am trying to develop the domain.

yeah, bbc.com redirects to bbc.co.uk.

And, re the idea of building a billionaire boys club exclusively for billionaires...

1. How many billionaires are there in the world?
2. How many of them actually surf the web to find a site like bbc.me
3. The fact that they are billionaires and you aren't, I'm sure that the 'special services' you would be providing would be no use to them.

So, if you're lucky, you might end up with one user for that site.

When BBC want the domain, may be a few weeks, may be a few years, their lawyers will contact you.

1000 billionaires.
Advertise the site to reach target audience.
I don't believe its a prerequisite to be a billionaire in order to provide a service. Many people start companies serving a market they have no natural connection too.

As a case study you should look at: www.europaluxury.com

Thanks for comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators