Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Bear Market Affect on Domain Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaindirk

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Noticed the decline in .com sales and values is parallel to the current bear market. It seems to take the domain sales a month or so to recover after the market recovers. Somebody run these blasted bears off.

Nic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by domaindirk
Noticed the decline in .com sales and values is parallel to the current bear market. It seems to take the domain sales a month or so to recover after the market recovers. Somebody run these blasted bears off.

Really?
IMO The domain market was down way before the bears or bulls had fallen to the ground.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beareconomy.com

bulleconomy.info :D

Originally posted by mole
beareconomy.com

bulleconomy.info :D

I think Mole means at Bearish Economy dot com becomes more affordable while at Bullish Economy one can only get dot info. In another word, Mole places higher value on dot com over dot info :laugh: :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
goh, not exactly :D

Given that .info value is close to zero for many :cool: , .info can only go up. Thus the bull economy that .info will experience.

Conversely....

I know many dumpster has value close to zero right now, as time pass, it could become antique and its value could go way up. Thus your so called "bullish economy" concept can apply, beside you don't need no registration fee and annual renewal fee for it.

While things you bought via money will mostly be depreciated. :D

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
True, true, goh.

I'll got a funny feeling that most buyers don't want to pay high prices for names they 'imagine' they could have easily got themselves 'a few months ago', not having a clue about the kind of aggressiveness speculators use to snap up prime names.

Which is why I have no doubt that it will take 2 years for .info to really garner real value from a psychological point of view. By that time, examples of usage wil be actualised and appreciation will be easy to achieved.

There has already been an European anti-smoking advertising campaign using .info exclusively i.e. http://www.feel-free.info and time will be a great value appreciation as more of such usage comes aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom