Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Bear Stearns fell $27 on Friday to close @ $30 and worth $2 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bear Stearns closed Friday @ $30 after falling $27! From the looks of things today (Sunday) JPMorgan will probably get the company for $2 a share. Bear Stearns had an all time high of $172 in Jan 07. A 98.8% haircut if you bought at the top and did not sell.

Crises of confidence in the US Financial markets, nah. Recession, nah.

Talked about the Housing/Credit crises here a year ago and have been talking about the recession we are in lately....If you don't care about these things and how they effect you then I can understand why you wouldn't care, but if you do care about them then please pay attention to the people that know what they are talking about...I like to think I'm in that group, you may not agree, but time will tell the truth.

As far as domain sales go, it's just the reduction of cash and credit that could have an effect, because of the other demands investors will be facing.

Last edited:

lordbyroniv

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been expecting a shakeout in the domain industry too because of the Credit crunch

$2.00 for Bear Stearns - its official - we are in deep doggy doo in America

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And there is more pain to come in the Banking sector.

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The Bear Stearns CEO told the public on Monday that their were no liquidity issues and the company was sound financially. What a bold face lier he is. I had thought that the sub-prime mess was behind us but I guess its not.

I wonder just how many more investment banks are going to need a bailout?

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm...could this be a buying opportunity for a few hours tomorrow?

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hmm...could this be a buying opportunity for a few hours tomorrow?
Actually, I wonder if anyone shorted BEAR on Friday...Many millionaires overnight I'm sure

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could be, but now I hear that JPMorgan did, in fact, get a quick approval by the Fed who even kicked in 30 billion on the deal (probably to minimize pension and home losses).

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We are already in a recession. You just won't hear the Govt or perma Bulls say it until it's over. By that time the stock market is already down at 20% as well as other investments of yours most likely...they are a big help...believe me, you won't get any help from most bozo's on TV or the Gov't when it comes to evaluating the health of the economy.

CyrusL

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recession actually has a fairly well accepted definition. It means two quarters of declining GDP. Not much room for subjectivity there.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cyrus, dunno if you are agreeing with me or not that we are already there, but to anyone that wants to debate it go ahead. I get nothing from you if you think we are not there yet, neither does anyone else here, in fact if anything, that perspective will just hurt them because it's time for people to pay attention if they are not already. I'm trying to give people a heads up that we are already there so that they can act accordingly, but i'm not going to beat my head against a wall trying to convince people, I have better things to do. If I'm right though, some people owe me a cookie, and you know who you are :)

Last edited:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cyrus, dunno if you are agreeing with me or not that we are already there, but to anyone that wants to debate it go ahead. I get nothing from you if you think we are not there yet, neither does anyone else here, in fact if anything, that perspective will just hurt them because it's time for people to pay attention if they are not already. I'm trying to give people a heads up that we are already there so that they can act accordingly, but i'm not going to beat my head against a wall trying to convince people, I have better things to do. If I'm right though, some people owe me a cookie, and you know who you are :)

BTW the friends of mine in Vegas that listened to me in AUG 05 about real estate prices topping out and foreclosures coming due to the housing bubble there are now naming their own prices and picking up bargains because they went to cash near the top. One friend that didn't is trying to get me to buy her 2nd house from her because no one will give her a decent price.

What recession are you talking about? ***Pulls out a pen and a $20 dollar bill to take notes on*** :D

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This was worst then people think, the fed had to jump in to stop the market from crashing. They also cut the rate over the week end, think depression if the market crashes. It's the oil prices, and bush will let the market crash and keep saying. I will let the market take care of it, who ever thought bush would do that with enron bring down CA.

But he did just that even after being begged by then CA gov, to stop enron bush just said sorry. I let the markets work that stuff out, and we all know what enron done was a crime. As they got hard time for doing that, but bush knew that and just left it happen. And guess what he will let world markets crash, because he has not done anything, to stop big oil from doing just that.

This was seen coming way back long ago, and no one even try to do anything about it. In fact they left bush and his side kick dick, help big oil do just that to us. And now we are broke, and will not be able to do much about it to stop it fast. Bush needed to warn OPEC, that using oil as a weapon will be seen as a act of war. They try that back in the 70's, and said that it would never happen again but here we are. And bush help them do just that, even after everyone was warn what will happen if we did not act.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you Poker, that recession is already here.

The difference between this recession and previous ones, is that the top layer of wealthy people, now have more cash than previously. Hence, sales of luxury items are still quite bouyant, and this tends to mask what's going on lower down the food chain. The dynamics are different this time.

I've noticed over the last 12 months or so, the number of properties near me that are just not selling and being reduced by big chunks. Worst case is a neighbour who tried selling his house two years ago at £2.75m GBP - took it off the market 'cos he thought it was going to increase: yesterday I saw it's back on the market for £1.6m!

If you're highly liquid, this is going to be a time to buy - that said, I think we are a way from seeing the bottom yet, especially in the UK.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The arts and collectibles market is already taking a big hit which is great if you have the funds and are a buyer.

But I am not sure I am prepared to see another bail out of the savings and loan industry.

This bad choices, bad investments thing went on in the 70's also and it was the feds coming to the rescue to bail out the savings and loan industry.

Today it is staggering to see everything measured in the billions. Nothing seems to even start with the word "millions".

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The problem with the banks was, that they just kept adding to houses worth. Like my home I got for 10k, my insurance kept adding to it price and never once looked at it. Then it went to 130k, I once got home damages for $3k from the insurance.

Then 9/11 happen and they lied and said I paid my insurance late always, and drop me and would not give me insurance again. I paid the agent by the due date every time, they claimed they had to have it by the due date. That was a lie the agent said it was fine, what happen was they paid out heavy for 9/11.

And had so many over priced homes insured, that they would not of had the funds to cover them all. So they start dropping anyone that collected any insurance from them, with in a time frame they had set to cut their liabilities. So they would not be shut down, my home was never worth 130k ever that a fact.

They drop many others as well, for made up reasons and would not give them insurance. By the time you went to get insurance from some place else, a red flag went up and they would not insure the home. They kept saying sorry, but we will not cover any home that left the insurance drop. In other wards you had to be insured already, or they will not insure your home.

Also home insurance went way way up, so here I sit still with no home owners insurance from after 9/11. I'm going to check into getting renters insurance, the bush admin knows this is a big problem and done nothing to help. Getting a home through a bank also over valued homes, but they will insure them through a bank loan no problem.

They done the same thing to doctors with insurance, doctors now paid 50% of their income to insurance. And some was dropped and then could not get any, they was forced to go to other states. So the bottom line is this, they put way to high of value on homes. When most of the homes have never been looked at, now the problem is banks took many homes.

And found out they could not sell them, at a price to even recover the cost they paid to take them back. They then started rising payments across the board, to make up for it then people could not make the payments. This is why bush told them to work some thing out, so people can keep their homes and be able to keep making payments.

Their are a few big banks, also bleeding the stock markets as well. The way it worked was they would cut deals, with big biz that owed billions right before they got done building out. Like flagtelecom they had built a fiber optic cable under the SEA's, the CEO said everything was going great and they got some new contracts. They was a few months from, getting done building out with funds to pay all the bills.

Well the CEO and the one bank setup a BK scam, the bank and some investors would take a big part of it. The CEO was to get a big bonus for it, anyway they stop paying the loan. The bank rush the BK and they claimed the fiber was not even worth junk price, stock holders was to get nothing and lose everything. At any rate us stock holder knew better, them fiber lines was worth big money.

We all pony up a few bucks and got a lawyer, the judge would not even pay the lawyer any mind. The only thing he done is did not give the CEO his bonus, flagtelecom said if we thought it was worth so much. Then stock holder can just buy stock in the new telecom, the judge signed onto that so they got a new name and sold stock for it, that new stock opening price was much higher then to old stocks highest price.

Proving the scam had worked just the way the bank set it up, the stock price being so high proved, they lied when the claim the fiber was not worth junk price. These few big banks, done that many times over and over. Ripping stock holder off each time, and getting a big part of the renamed biz. Every time the judge signed unto it again and again, these bank are also heavy into insurance inc as well.

So what does this have to do with Bear Stearns going down, well I bet if you checked the same happen here. Stock was at $172 in Jan 07, now being sold for $2 there is no way it devalued that much in that short of time. And the CEO said everything was fine then boom, just like that it's BK and being sold dirt cheap and stock holders lose everything. It's the same scam I'm pretty sure, they done this many times before. The banks are also heavy, invested in big insurance incs.

Last edited:

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it was predicted that at least one major bank would fold or be absorbed into another a few months ago. :(

Then 9/11 happen and they lied and said I paid my insurance late always, and drop me and would not give me insurance again. I paid the agent by the due date every time, they claimed they had to have it by the due date. That was a lie the agent said it was fine, what happen was they paid out heavy for 9/11.

This is a game they play. Before The 2004 / 2005 hurricane seasons my insurance checks were always cashed within 3 weeks. After, it took the company over 2-3 months just to cash my check and that is when they go by your "payment" date. If they're tight on cash and don't want to renew my policy, they can say I've always paid late, even though I paid on time (by a few weeks before the due date).

The only way to cover your rear is to spend extra $$$ and mail it with some sort of tracking.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't you guys have direct debit over there?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom