Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Bear Stearns fell $27 on Friday to close @ $30 and worth $2 tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like a standing order, comes straight out of your account on a preset day of month, the payment
Oh, okay.

We have it. Not sure about everyone else. Had to think there for a minute on 4 hours sleep. That's dangerous.

The history of the US failures is easy.

Banks make bad loans. Feds bail them out.

Airlines make bad investments. Feds bail them out.

AMTRAK can't make payment. Feds bail them out.

Banks make bad loans. Feds WILL bail them out.

That's kind of like direct debit. Knowing you can make bad business decisions, enjoy the riches while you are doing it, scimm some from the top for yourself and buds, and never worry about going under cause you ol Uncle Sam there to bail you out.

Last edited:

Irish31

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost everything I have is direct debit. They just take it out of my account on my behalf for each payment (so usually once a month). This gives fraudlent companies no out to lie and drop you for some reason.

Scummy US companies, I feel bad for the individual there.

robmac

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
looks like i am shutting down my dollar account :)

about time a U.S. bank took some flak - northern rock bank cost each working man and woman $5000 dollars because of the trailor park fiasco in the U.S.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like a standing order, comes straight out of your account on a preset day of month, the payment

Precisely brother Pred - then you have proof of when they received the money.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meh...for some reason it's very hard to believe those analysts saying it will be a "short and shallow" recession.

I feel like we're in this slump for a while :-\

Switzerland anyone?

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Precisely brother Pred - then you have proof of when they received the money.

i swear by them for utilities.

i normally pay the cards on last day :eek:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The fun continues tomorrow with more banking earnings and the Fed meeting...

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh, okay.

We have it. Not sure about everyone else. Had to think there for a minute on 4 hours sleep. That's dangerous.

That's kind of like direct debit. Knowing you can make bad business decisions, enjoy the riches while you are doing it, scimm some from the top for yourself and buds, and never worry about going under cause you ol Uncle Sam there to bail you out.

It will get better

H

H2FC

If only we could trust our Bush/Cheney administration to tell us the truth....

The problem is....we can't....and the big majority of the people know that to be a fact. They've lied to the public everytime we've had a potential pending disaster like this.

Expect a run on the banks and investment houses to be next....and if that happens we're in a world of poo-poo.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If only we could trust our Bush/Cheney administration to tell us the truth....

The problem is....we can't....and the big majority of the people know that to be a fact. They've lied to the public everytime we've had a potential pending disaster like this.

Duh.....they're like...politicians, dude....what do you expect?

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Yes, in the US we have "debt cards" or "check cards", they work like credit cards but the money comes directly out of your bank account (checking or savings).

We (the populace) makes a bad decision you are punished for years and can have all of your belongings reposessed. :upset::rolleyes:

tonyfloyd

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
anybody buy those MAR 20 puts for $2.90 on Friday??

:)

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, in the US we have "debt cards" or "check cards", they work like credit cards but the money comes directly out of your bank account (checking or savings).

we have debit cards too, but direct debit is something totally different

We (the populace) makes a bad decision you are punished for years and can have all of your belongings reposessed. :upset::rolleyes:

agreed, its totally maddening, especially when the fatcats keep their jobs and whopping bonuses. they should do what they do still in Japan, and literally 'fall on the sword'

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Meh...for some reason it's very hard to believe those analysts saying it will be a "short and shallow" recession.

I feel like we're in this slump for a while :-\

Switzerland anyone?

New Zealand?

Peru?

Switzerland is the only country wealthy enough to buy up its own currency with gold is it not?

I'd be interested to see what you guys think of these flix

Money as Debt
http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...024&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

and
Freedomto Fascism available at the com

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about money trading, since the dollar keeps losing to the euro, there may be money to be made. Then instead of worrying about the dollar free falling, it will keep making you money. With the record budge they passed, it sure to keep falling but I don't know anything, about money trading and I don't have many dollars to invest.

If this keep up it would be better, for us to change over to the euro. Another thing for domainers. Is now that people are wanting to save money, net biz could very well start flying. And domains that fit saving money, should do very well as people search to save money online.

So it could very well be a very big boom for domainers, that change their mind set and start thinking saving. We can't forget all the money that can be saved buying online, or looking up how to save money by looking around first. I'm sure many big biz will be pushing the savings part, and with more people being broke more and trying to save money, they are likely to spend more time online.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JPMorgan Chase actually paid less for Bear Stearns than the Yankees paid for A-Rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators